Westminster Politics

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
She wasn't supposed to be there. He pushed her out, not a big deal
That gives him the right to put his hands around her neck and push her up against a pillar? If you saw a man do that to a woman you wouldn't intervene?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
The longer video of the woman simply walking in and not being aggressive at all looks worse for Field, and this:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Twitter is riddled with folk saying that she deserved it because of the disruption she causes. If these dozy Tory bastards refuse to look outside of their bubble at what's going on in the world then don't be surprised when the problems come to them.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
She could have been a kamikaze pilot, a milkshake, a ghost, or all three. Remember Joe Cocks. Something else stupid. Hero.

Baxter

Your man who milkshaked Farage ended up with a fine and a community sentence. I imagine the police will soon be involved with this. :rolleyes:

DavelinaJolie

Listening to 5 Live... The debate question? "Do you support the MP or the climate change protestor" ... Herein lies the problem.

NinjaFletch

I wonder if the Tory MPs going on TV to pontificate about how it is more important for them to have their black tie events without having to think about things like the environment will work out why nobody under the age of 67 likes them...

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

If he thought she was carrying a knife, then I don't get how grabbing her by the throat would stop her from stabbing someone.

In the longer video, you see her in her red dress, walking calmly with small purse and leaflets in her hands posing no threat at all that would merit such a disproportionate response.

Funny that all these people dare to mention Jo Cox's name now.

Strachans Cigar

If he thought she was carrying a knife, then I don't get how grabbing her by the throat would stop her from stabbing someone.

In the longer video, you see her in her red dress, walking calmly with small purse and leaflets in her hands posing no threat at all that would merit such a disproportionate response.

Funny that all these people dare to mention Jo Cox's name now.
‘Grabbed her by the throat’ or ‘held her by the back of her neck’ ?

Furthermore, if you take the potentially even more dubious parts of the anatomy out of the equation, not an awful lot left to hold with out Greenpeace trumping up charges is there?

Also, no footage of Field as yet eyeing her up during the walk up? So how would he know she wasn’t a loon? Loons frequently act ‘calm, posing no threat at all’ right up to ‘the moment’.

And, he’s apologised quickly & referred himself for scrutiny.

But apart from all that, yeah, carry on.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
He seems to have used disproportionate force to the perceived threat. No-one else felt it was necessary to physically remove the woman. The initial shove was aggressive.

rotherham_red

That's because most non muslims like myself dont give a shit about Islam.
A phobia is an irrational fear. The chances are high that the fear a lot of people have is extremism.
After all you dont hear about Christianiphobia, because there is not an extremist element to christianity.
I was actually referring to the duplicitous and shameless virtue signalling from the Tories to talk about Islamophobia now when literally all of them on the stand either took no notice or actively rejected that there was a problem. For the Saj to bring it up especially was even more brazen considering his incendiary remarks on British Muslims and the Pakistani community here.

Not sure what your point is in relation to that, but whatevs...

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
‘Grabbed her by the throat’ or ‘held her by the back of her neck’ ?

Furthermore, if you take the potentially even more dubious parts of the anatomy out of the equation, not an awful lot left to hold with out Greenpeace trumping up charges is there?

Also, no footage of Field as yet eyeing her up during the walk up? So how would he know she wasn’t a loon? Loons frequently act ‘calm, posing no threat at all’ right up to ‘the moment’.

And, he’s apologised quickly & referred himself for scrutiny.

But apart from all that, yeah, carry on.
Eh? If you seriously think you’re about to be shot or stabbed then you have two options.

a) Put as much distance between you and the gun/knife as possible
b) Grab hold of the wrist/arms of the assailant

Seeing as he did neither then he clearly didn’t see being shot/stabbed as a possibility. And he didn’t, obviously. Just look at him. He’s furious, not frightened.

Strachans Cigar

Eh? If you seriously think you’re about to be shot or stabbed then you have two options.

a) Put as much distance between you and the gun/knife as possible
b) Grab hold of the wrist/arms of the assailant

Seeing as he did neither then he clearly didn’t see being shot/stabbed as a possibility. And he didn’t, obviously. Just look at him. He’s furious, not frightened.
As *purely* a method of restraint & ejection, not self defence. I never claimed that. Look, he didn’t end up in a grapple with her torso otherwise he really would have been for the high jump. That’s what I’m saying.

All happened in seconds. He turns round, immediately realises she isn't armed, so goes for restraint & ejection. End of.

Was she acting aggressively when the mob forced their way in?

Storm in a tea cup, really is. Indicative of the times sadly.

Abizzz

I miss the times when grabbing strangers by the neck was socially unacceptable to people of every political persuasion.

I'd have more respect for the "was scared she was armed" line if he had decked her.

NinjaFletch

As *purely* a method of restraint & ejection, not self defence. I never claimed that. Look, he didn’t end up in a grapple with her torso otherwise he really would have been for the high jump. That’s what I’m saying.

All happened in seconds. He turns round, immediately realises she isn't armed, so goes for restraint & ejection. End of.

What's indicative of the times is you get weapons defending him whilst losing their shit about milkshake.

Smores

:lol:

He's not a fecking bouncer mate and it's not his property you don't just grab someone by the neck. Just restraint and ejection in it, feck sake

NinjaFletch

He's not a fecking bouncer mate and it's not his property you don't just grab someone by the neck. Just restraint and ejection in it, feck sake
I'm pretty sure he blocked me after he popped up in the Brexit thread saying things actual fascists say.

Strachans Cigar

So what was supposed to happen, just let her have Carte Blanche & no one do anything? Ok.

Strachans Cigar

I'm pretty sure he blocked me after he popped up in the Brexit thread saying things actual fascists say.
Ah, bless. Stuck in the mind have I?

Ok I’ll let you get back to the ‘mutual dick sucking, safety in numbers’ bollocks then. Bye all ;)

NinjaFletch

Ah, bless. Stuck in the mind have I?

Ok I’ll let you get back to the ‘mutual dick sucking, safety in numbers’ bollocks then. Bye all ;)
Well, yeah, it's rare we get people on here bleating about lebensraum and the like, so it tends to be quite memorable when someone does.