Westminster Politics

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The Police aren't that much interested in domestics.

Couples argue, sometimes quite badly.
It seems like there was more than arguing going on though. If the neighbour heard banging on walls and the voice of a woman saying that he's fecked her sofa then he's got a problem with his temper.

Nah, feck off with all this "it's not a big deal" pish. If Brown was crucified in the press for calling a bigoted woman a, well, "bigoted woman" in a private conversation then this is worthy of the same level of pressure.

It's the same "let's not get carried away" crap that gets pulled out whenever a Tory does something arseholey. Francis Maude tells people during a massive petrol price shortage to merely "top up your tanks" in advance and store some in your shed. Liam Fox fecks his best mate in hotels on the taxpayer's coin and May comes out unscathed after her odious response to Grenfell and Windrush. And it's always never a big deal. feck it. Anyone in another job would be cast out and yet these fecks get away with this shit weekly because they get their media friends to control the narrative when it suits them, and attack their buddies at the first sign of weakness. Blair did it, so did Thatcher, and this new crop are experts at it because the public, after the amazing manipulation with the banking crisis now being the fault of immigrants and folk on benefits in the eyes of I'm-Alright-Jack types, eat it all up.

And that's all I've got to say about that.

Last edited:

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Remaniac gutter press like *squints* the Sunday Express still pushing this

Classical Mechanic

I always felt that Boris would get out of this one way or another. It just seems like the Tories will elect him to be the useful idiot to throw under the Brexit bus and blame for the chaos to ensue.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
It seems like there was more than arguing going on though. If the neighbour heard banging on walls and the voice of a woman saying that he's fecked her sofa then he's got a problem with his temper.

Nah, feck off with all this "it's not a big deal" pish. If Brown was crucified in the press for calling a bigoted woman a, well, "bigoted woman" in a private conversation then this is worthy of the same level of pressure.

It's the same "let's not get carried away" crap that gets pulled out whenever a Tory does something arseholey. Francis Maude tells people during a massive petrol price shortage to merely "top up your tanks" in advance and store some in your shed. Liam Fox fecks his best mate in hotels on the taxpayer's coin and May comes out unscathed after her odious response to Grenfell and Windrush. And it's always never a big deal. feck it. Anyone in another job would be cast out and yet these fecks get away with this shit weekly because they get their media friends to control the narrative when it suits them, and attack their buddies at the first sign of weakness. Blair did it, so did Thatcher, and this new crop are experts at it because the public, after the amazing manipulation with the banking crisis now being the fault of immigrants and folk on benefits in the eyes of I'm-Alright-Jack types, eat it all up.

What this man said.

This bit in particular though.

Fluctuation0161

Why is the Boris Johnson thing even a story.
Summarised perfectly below!

Spot on.

Abizzz

To be fair his evasive answers in that tory event yesterday was about as cowardly and unimpressive as you'll ever see any politicians aiming for any national job be.

Smores

I find the response to this Boris dispute fecking terrifying. I mean people often spin their logic (usually unconsciously) to fit their opinions, something which happens in the football forum a lot, however we're now at the point that twitter has prominent journalists and MPs doing the same.

It's like brexit has brought the spirit of RAWK to the masses.

TheGame

Inevitable, but isn't going to make one iota of difference. He'll still get picked with ease, and if not then Hunt is a disaster too.
I agree, we are at Trumpian levels of politics in this country when politicians can state lies and no one in the media will pick them up on it. The blind public will keep on voting for these morons.

Sweet Square

Boris has got sloppy Steve’s support despite denying the relationship previously:

Is that from the same guardian documentary a while back. It's worth watching, Bannon has been built up massively but the documentary shows he's just a complete joke.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
For a populist, he's not making himself very popular.

Abizzz

I'd run as fecking fast as my feet carry me if I had Boris Johnson defending me:houllier:

Just imagine Bojo in a fistfight. He'd knock himself out in the attempt to kick the other guy in the shin:lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A decade of Tory austerity. I marvel at how they still have enough seats to form governments.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Why are the Mail and Telegraph sticking up for him? Is it tied up with Brexit?
You have to remember that these right wing papers have an agenda and that is to project the Tories image so as to get and keep them in power.
They also have the same agenda to rubbish the opposition although Labour are doing that for them.
Never believe one single word printed by any paper. Most of it is made up and sensationalist lies to try and sell their crappy product.
Only fit for one thing and that is not for reading.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
A decade of Tory austerity. I marvel at how they still have enough seats to form governments.
And by the way. The Tories austerity programme was nothing to do with the economy.
It was everything to do with macho politics.
Remember the quote from the idiot Cameron - we are all in it together.
The bankers took the country to the brink of collapse due to their complete and utter greed.
And the workers, the sick and the vulnerable get a proper kicking as a consequence.

Sweet Square

Austerity hasn't really hit tory voters/base. Add in the Brexit glue and these two together give the tories enough for now to something of a force(Without huge changes, which I can't see happening the tory party is fecked.)

Just goes to show how rediculously gullible people really are.
Sadly a ton of poor and young people don't vote.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Austerity hasn't really hit tory voters/base. Add in the Brexit glue and these two together give the tories enough for now to something of a force(Without huge changes, which I can't see happening the tory party is fecked.)

Sadly a ton of poor and young people don't vote.
Absolutely correct. And of course it is in the Tories interest to keep it that way because they know that traditional Tory voters are not the young or the poor.
Does anybody seriously think that Boris is interested in them.
His only interest is Boris and power.

Crustanoid

Because like most right-wing Tory types they are hypocrites.
You have to remember that these right wing papers have an agenda and that is to project the Tories image so as to get and keep them in power.
They also have the same agenda to rubbish the opposition although Labour are doing that for them.
Never believe one single word printed by any paper. Most of it is made up and sensationalist lies to try and sell their crappy product.
Only fit for one thing and that is not for reading.
Johnson gets paid £275k/year by the Telegraph for writing a column so they'll be supporting him for that alone but his Brexit stance will be part of it too. Both papers are fascinated with him.
Totally agree but if keeping Tories in is their ultimate aim, isn’t Johnson the least safe option now after this story?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
That's how the Tories will remain relevant, move further to the right. Continue and extend their pact with Bannon and his ilk as well as further with the Brexit Party.

Johnson's comments about Muslim women and letterboxes were manufactured with the entire intent of appealing to this base.