g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Westminster Politics

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Current Tory leader odds, bet365:

Rishi Sunak 12/5
Liz Truss 9/2
Michael Gove 6/1
Jeremy Hunt 10/1

Hunt seems to have a strange teflon quality which shouldn't be underestimated, no matter what he cocks up nothing sticks.
:lol:

What?!

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Anyway.....

I have always said that the next election is all to play for. Even his biggest supporters are beginning to realise that Boris is little more than a con man (and that is being incredibly polite) and is rapidly being exposed as unfit for the PM role. And Labour absolutely have to keep their powder dry and don't make stupid mistakes.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I have always said that the next election is all to play for. Even his biggest supporters are beginning to realise that Boris is little more than a con man (and that is being incredibly polite) and is rapidly being exposed as unfit for the PM role. And Labour absolutely have to keep their powder dry and don't make stupid mistakes.
I can't believe anyone could stop this woman from claiming an historic majority.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

Our PM in a speech to the CBI Business Leaders were he loses his notes, tells them about going to Peppa Pig World and then makes car noises to tell them the difference between a normal car engine and an EV.
Just about the worlds most stupid man. Apparently he was heard after saying that he thought he 'just about got away with it'... Oh well. He is only the PM after all.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
“Peppa Pig world is very much my kind of place”

we always knew he likes to wallow in dirt
Doesn't surprise me, Mrs rabbit has a different job each episode, tory 101 to expect a single mother to work a 90 hour week rather than get any help.

Our PM in a speech to the CBI Business Leaders were he loses his notes, tells them about going to Peppa Pig World and then makes car noises to tell them the difference between a normal car engine and an EV.
Just about the worlds most stupid man. Apparently he was heard after saying that he thought he 'just about got away with it'... Oh well. He is only the PM after all.
This even made the rounds in my work Whatsapp group in Italy. He's a national embarrassment.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
They are a ruthless party, I'll give you that.
Sunak to craft a budget that paints a recovering economy wit tax cuts to come
Summer leadership election (sunak uncontested with senior jobs for people who could be possible challengers)
6 months in power and whoever he makes chancellor (saj would be my guess) to craft a populist budget that they can spin as the start of an election campaign with an election in May 2023

Boris is gonna have to really fek up to get the timeline much quicker than that I think (which is entirety possible given its Boris)

Maticmaker

Boris may be tripping over his own shoelaces and farting in the wrong company, but he is still the 'lovable buffoon' with the populace at large. Until something he does makes people as a whole really pi**ed off he will stay...that is until the Tory party decide he should go and that is not yet!
Talk about 'Teflon Tony ' this is 'Bombproof Boris'.
It is likely that since Farage is threatening to make a comeback, over illegal channel crossings, is the thing that might disturb Boris the most!!

Smores

Boris may be tripping over his own shoelaces and farting in the wrong company, but he is still the 'lovable buffoon' with the populace at large. Until something he does makes people as a whole really pi**ed off he will stay...that is until the Tory party decide he should go and that is not yet!
It is likely that since Farage is threatening to make a comeback, over illegal channel crossings, is the thing that might disturb Boris the most!!
I actually think Farage increasing his presence could aid Boris. Boris right now is the main focus of incompetent buffonary so another one on the scene may distract the press.

Abizzz

I actually think Farage increasing his presence could aid Boris. Boris right now is the main focus of incompetent buffonary so another one on the scene may distract the press.
The thing to fear is this lot of tory ministers making Farage look eloquent, thoughtful and intelligent by comparison.

Maticmaker

Yes, hadn't thought of it that way, Boris can't lose can he?

Boycott

It's a cultivated perception. Something he's worked over many years. It also shows the difference in attitude of the populace at large. An elder chap I know who used to participate in Labour Party politics locally in the 60s, 70s and 80s likens it to the change in what we perceive as working class in a modern society and the drift away from Labour by people whose parents and grandparents were staunch Labour voters and vociferously anti-Tory. The idea that in the past the old industrial workers would have looked at someone like Boris Johnson or Jacob Rees Mogg or Nigel Farage as the toffs they are and not buy into this phony man of the people rhetoric that does not match in their history or present stances. But the industrial working class is dead and now the perceived working class today are people like the middle-aged white-van driver, a lot who are self-employed, and who like these leaders for not being "politically correct" or "woke". Economically they might like Labour's plans or left-wing principles that Corbyn espoused if you didn't tell them which party was proposing it but they won't vote for it.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Yes, hadn't thought of it that way, Boris can't lose can he?
Depends on whether you think he is likely to have any more CBI speech moments or not. He came in for more bad publicity this time than he has done previously, so I think he is on dodgy ground now.
As someone who would like to see the Tories out I hope he stays right through to the next election personally.

Maticmaker

Depends on whether you think he is likely to have any more CBI speech moments or not. He came in for more bad publicity this time than he has done previously, so I think he is on dodgy ground now.
As someone who would like to see the Tories out I hope he stays right through to the next election personally.
Unless Boris loses his lead with the populace he will stay where he is, his 'bumbling' about doesn't register with a lot of his hard core voters, in fact many expect it! However if he is perceived to give in over fishing to the French, or fails to stop the illegal channel crossings, he is much likely to be damaged with his hard 'core voters' and at that point the Tory 'Grandees' will ditch him.

Last edited:

Smores

It's a cultivated perception. Something he's worked over many years. It also shows the difference in attitude of the populace at large. An elder chap I know who used to participate in Labour Party politics locally in the 60s, 70s and 80s likens it to the change in what we perceive as working class in a modern society and the drift away from Labour by people whose parents and grandparents were staunch Labour voters and vociferously anti-Tory. The idea that in the past the old industrial workers would have looked at someone like Boris Johnson or Jacob Rees Mogg or Nigel Farage as the toffs they are and not buy into this phony man of the people rhetoric that does not match in their history or present stances. But the industrial working class is dead and now the perceived working class today are people like the middle-aged white-van driver, a lot who are self-employed, and who like these leaders for not being "politically correct" or "woke". Economically they might like Labour's plans or left-wing principles that Corbyn espoused if you didn't tell them which party was proposing it but they won't vote for it.
I do wonder if the cultivated personality lark isn't an act to cover for his own incompetence though. It's no longer politically advantageous for him to do that act so has he failed to realise that or is just not able to act in another manner.

It might be funny whilst you're the mayor but no one is laughing at a PM fluffing his lines.

Just editing this to add how fecking depressing it is to discuss these things about our actual fecking PM

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I know people who don't follow politics at all talking about the peppa pig thing. His idiocy has gone international.