Westminster Politics

Smores

To the surprise of absolutely nobody :rolleyes:
Was always going to be the case, the more interesting aspect will be what Cummings releases.

I think he's got access to the worst of the evidence and i can't imagine there's any legal reason he can't share it.

Also Boris and fecking Liz Truss going to Ukraine is so unbelievably shameless from them.

Drifter

American
The report is expected to be released to the public later and the PM will address the Commons at 15:30GMT
Complete farce. Looks like Boris wants to knock it on it’s head today and move on

macheda14

Basically she says there are events that shouldn't have taken place, others that shouldn't have escalated and that there was a failure in leadership and judgement. But she cant say anything else. It's a joke.

Woodzy

I was writing better reports back when I was coming home shifaced and scrambling something together for uni the following morning.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

I'm not sure all this is the good news for Boris ye seem to judging by your reaction.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
"The excessive consumption of alcohol is not appropriate in a professional workplace at any time. Steps must be taken to ensure that every Government Department has a clear and robust policy in place covering the consumption of alcohol in the workplace." - WHAT WONDERFUL INSIGHT SUE!

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

I'm not sure all this is the good news for Boris ye seem to judging by your reaction.
8 out of 12 parties referred to the MET (from the Paul Brand tweets)... I don't think this is going to go away easily

littlepeasoup

I have absolutely *zero* trust in the Met Police to properly investigate this. They'll drag their feet and nothing will get done because they're just as corrupt and culpable as Boris and his lot.

My big fear now is that this whole situation just withers on the vine with no definitive conclusion or resolution.

Smores

I've been saying this for years, until British people protest in masses on a regular basis nothing will change.
The issue is protests are so tightly controlled these days that they're pointless. Dare do anything in protest that mildly inconveniences anyone and the focus becomes 'it's not the right way', the media backlash tends to get more coverage than the issue itself.

People in this country don't care. May as well just vent on twitter then move on to the next issue.

Smores

It's more damning than i expected but it's limited nature means he can cling onto 'wait and see' again.

He's lied to parliament and taken the country for mugs. The Tories if they have any decency left will start submitting their letters.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
The issue is protests are so tightly controlled these days that they're pointless. Dare do anything in protest that mildly inconveniences anyone and the focus becomes 'it's not the right way', the media backlash tends to get more coverage than the issue itself.

People in this country don't care. May as well just vent on twitter then move on to the next issue.
The idea that protests are 'not the right way' is part of the argument as to why nothing will change in Britain.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I'm still thinking that Johnson will survive until May's local elections, and then could be pushed out.

I don't think that Sunak, Truss etc., would want to take the helm just yet anyway. Get the local elections out the way, by May-June the pandemic could finally be over at least in terms of any strain on the NHS, restrictions etc., and that's a much better time to take over.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

Unfortunately I have to agree with you that nowadays, not enough people really care about what the government does or does not do.

As previously mentioned, I took part in a number of protests against the Thatcher government. As did many thousands.
And while they may not have ended up achieving much change, they certainly did make a very strong statement that the working classes would not be pushed around.

You get the government you deserve. That is a fact.

Smores

A strong speech by Starmer and Boris fell into the trap completely there. Mad ramblings that will look terrible to the public.

May giving him a kicking there. I think he's gone she's been fairly restrained so i can only imagine she's read the mood of her fellow Tory MPs.