Westminster Politics

Jericholyte2

To anyone who is just oh so very proud of our PM for his brave trip to Kyiv, who believes it was anything more than a theatrical photoshoot with Volodomiyr Zelensky as the latest honest party sullied by him, take a read of this thread to see what substantive actions we’re actually doing for Ukrainian refugees…

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Crispin Blunt. Wow.
Well I suppose we don't know whether he's wrong or not. But since he doesn't explain what he means and doesn't even say something along the lines of "here's why I can't explain", and of course he's a Tory so probably a lying sack of expired foie gras, I'm willing to assume he is wrong. And a cnut.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Don't think I'll vote in the locals. Was willing enough to look in to it but my options are Lib Dem, Tory, former Lib Dem Independent and Labour. I don't get the impression the Labour candidate is even attempting a proper run as I can barely find any information about her online, so realistically giving her my support would only be for the sake of Starmer's national vote share and I'm not about to do that at a time Labour is calling for tougher action on climate protestors.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
How’s he going to wriggle out of this one?

Pretty transparent why he was in Ukraine this week then.

Guy Incognito

You'd think this would finish Johnson and possibly Sunak but nope...they'll hand on.

One could be on record to say 'you voters are dimwits' and yet a sizable minority would still defend the Tories.

Raulduke

Seen suggestions that Sunak could really heap the pressure on Johnson by resigning himself now.

DavidDeSchmikes

Johnson lied to parliament?! When?! There’s going to be huge repercussions for this I’m sure.
Johnson has lied to parliament multiple times, it comes natural to him. Wonder if we will see the letters of no confidence going in to the 1922 committee.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Give it Tugendhat ‘til end of the season!

Don't think I'll vote in the locals. Was willing enough to look in to it but my options are Lib Dem, Tory, former Lib Dem Independent and Labour. I don't get the impression the Labour candidate is even attempting a proper run as I can barely find any information about her online, so realistically giving her my support would only be for the sake of Starmer's national vote share and I'm not about to do that at a time Labour is calling for tougher action on climate protestors.
Democracy in the UK is rarely about voting for anything other than denying the worst option. Make peace with the fact that your vote is best used preventing what you don’t want to happen, rather than expecting to vote for someone who strongly represents your own ethics and views. Always vote tactically.

Pretty transparent why he was in Ukraine this week then.
That was still the right thing to do. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Course parliament isn't sitting this week, and BoZo is in Ukraine. All nice of them to make sure it's of as little political damage as possible.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’m good.

EDIT - this one

My prediction for the Met to wrap the investigation up and the heavily redacted (to protect names in the investigation) Gray report to be released is just after the elections and just before parliament goes into recess at the end of May.

Flying high

Why keep bothering with pretence , the voters will still vote for them - they may as well call themselves the Criminal party and be done with it.
Part of me wants them both to hang on until the may local elections. Just to test this theory, if nothing else.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Lads, they're your betters, suck it up! :rolleyes:

Console yourself that they've been fined at all to make it look like "see?, see?, the rules apply equally to everyone!"

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
BoJo is invincible but hopefully this’ll lead to Sunak being sucked down the drain.