g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Westminster Politics

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We can probably stop calling her a bitch though? Probably my feminist sensibilities kicking in, but it feels like we have lots of words available and probably don’t need to call women bitches?

No critique of you. I’m sure I’ve called Braverman and Farage Thundercunts on numerous occasions.

Laura has sold out as a journalist. She’s self serving, opportunistic, dishonest, a shill, mouthpiece and thoroughly unpleasant… but ‘Bitch’ does feel like a word we could stop throwing around.

Could just be me though, we all have different lines in the sand.
Just you

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I really don’t think it is mate. It really grates on me. I think I certainly used to use it and not really think it was a big deal. But I do think that now. Though I’ll probably use it freely when talking about men still. And perhaps it’ll slip out when it shouldn’t. Probably being a hypocrite.

Just pointing it out as it seemed out of character. Not up to me to argue the point. All good.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I really don’t think it is mate. It really grates on me. I think I certainly used to use it and not really think it was a big deal. But I do think that now. Though I’ll probably use it freely when talking about men still. And perhaps it’ll slip out when it shouldn’t. Probably being a hypocrite.

Just pointing it out as it seemed out of character. Not up to me to argue the point. All good.
Tory Bitch™ any better?

MoskvaRed

The most despicable PR clip ive ever seen was Sunak giving food to a homeless guy, then asking if he had plans that weekend
I thought it was even worse than that: Sunak asked him “are you an entrepreneur?” and the recipient of the bowl of gruel replied “no, I’m homeless”.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Tory Bitch™ any better?
Actually, yes. But only because it can be used for any of the pricks that orbit the Toryverse. Like Andrew Pierce or Dan Whooton. Feels more inclusive. A bitch of the party, rather than gendered.

For real, I know you’re a good un, and maybe it shouldn’t grate, but it did.

I did run a search to see if I use it freely. And I don’t. But I have. Also culpable.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I thought it was even worse than that: Sunak asked him “are you an entrepreneur?” and the recipient of the bowl of gruel replied “no, I’m homeless”.
Ah. But remember..... being homeless is a lifestyle choice.

clarkydaz

yeah the whole passage i found very uncomfortable. You have people brainstorming scenarios, and nobody thought that was a bad idea

Kaos

Don’t do that. It’s a racist person being racist. It’s not indicative of the party and I’m sure they’ll be removed from whatever their role is, within a week.
Been a couple of those lately in the Labour party eh. Not too long after a Labour spokesperson blamed Muslims for almost 'gifting' the East Midlands mayoral election to the Tories. Perhaps Labour has an Islamophobia/racist problem, or did we stop caring after all the leftists were purged?

UnrelatedPsuedo

Been a couple of those lately in the Labour party eh. Not too long after a Labour spokesperson blamed Muslims for almost 'gifting' the East Midlands mayoral election to the Tories. Perhaps Labour has an Islamophobia/racist problem, or did we stop caring after all the leftists were purged?
No. Racists should be exposed and removed from a party. The video is disgusting. No excuses.

There are thousands of door knocker’s though. This one is a racist prick. It’s not an indication of the whole party.

Dobba

Don’t do that. It’s a racist person being racist. It’s not indicative of the party and I’m sure they’ll be removed from whatever their role is, within a week.
Have they had any luck tracking down that racist source yet? Or the one who compared councillors leaving the party over Starmer's LBC interview to Labour shaking off the fleas?

Admittedly they're almost certainly the same person but they're definitely still in the party and their identity is being protected by it.

This is who the Starmer Party are.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Have they had any luck tracking down that racist source yet? Or the one who compared councillors leaving the party over Starmer's LBC interview to Labour shaking off the fleas?

Admittedly they're almost certainly the same person but they're definitely still in the party and their identity is being protected by it.

Is it really? Possibly the same absolute weapon in representing everyone in Labour? What a shit take.

Dobba

Is it really? Possibly the same absolute weapon in representing everyone in Labour? What a shit take.
If being in a position to repeatedly give not even thinly veiled racist quotes to journalists on behalf of the party, whilst facing no punishment for doing so - nevermind being booted out, isn't someone representing the party then nobody in it is.

The party machine can rev up real quick when it comes to booting people out for calling for coalitions or liking tweets from Nicola Sturgeon but is really slow to get going with this guy. I'm sure that's just one big coincidence though.

The party 100% knows exactly who this guy is and is more than happy to keep him on board.

DanH

Journalist source isn't a spokesperson.

DanH

He sits on the party's NEC. The idea that he doesn't speak for the party is an absolute crock of shit.
You are certain and you may well be right, but do you have any actual evidence that it was Akehurst? It's not really enough to 'just know' before taking formal action.

Dobba

You are certain and you may well be right, but do you have any actual evidence that it was Akehurst? It's not really enough to 'just know' before taking formal action.
The fleas comment was absolutely him, he's phone hacking cnut Lee Harpin's go to source for anything from Labour

No human being on earth is as obsessed with Hamas as Labour's Reg Holdsworth, including Netanyahu. He's the only person who would blame the possibility of losing a Mayoral election in the Midlands on them.

Last edited:

Mart1974

If being in a position to repeatedly give not even thinly veiled racist quotes to journalists on behalf of the party, whilst facing no punishment for doing so - nevermind being booted out, isn't someone representing the party then nobody in it is.

The party machine can rev up real quick when it comes to booting people out for calling for coalitions or liking tweets from Nicola Sturgeon but is really slow to get going with this guy. I'm sure that's just one big coincidence though.

The party 100% knows exactly who this guy is and is more than happy to keep him on board.
So he represents the whole party? One guy. The whole party?

Mart1974

Starmer seems to think so, that's why he's untouchable. His career should have ended after the fleas comment and yet Starmer protected him then as he does again now.
Which party do you normally vote for?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I don’t know mate. You posted a tweet from 8:22pm last night, so no, I doubt they’ve tracked down that person.

Do you ever consider that you’re just a little too online? The situation in Gaza has created a source of real religious tension and as such, there are going to be hundreds of examples of garbage people doing disgusting things.

But day to day in real life? Life is trucking along. If you happen to live anywhere near Stamford Hill, ride a bike around there for an hour or so. On any given day you’re going to see fiercely Jewish folks wandering the streets with devout Muslims on their way to mosque. There are Palestinian flags flying from houses just doors away from synagogues and everyone is just… chill. In the midst of an international crisis, people in real life are behaving exactly as they did before.

Hunting down these isolated incidents and suggesting that they’re indicative of a whole parliamentary party is utterly insane.

I’ll probably be on board with loads of the things you believe. But viewing life through the lens of the tiny lens of content that’s made it to Twitter on any given day is going to really Fcuk with your brain.

Palestine should be free. Israel is committing atrocities. Racists should be expelled from all areas of government. But no, Dobber should not have instant same-day access to information about specific racists at the time of their pleasing.

Maybe you’re right. Maybe Keir Starmer is protecting a properly racist cnut and he has some secret plot to keep them in the party. All evidence so far tells me that that is never going to be the case, but carry on believing it if you like.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Hunting down these isolated incidents and suggesting that they’re indicative of a whole parliamentary party is utterly insane.
Isn't this the argument peddled by people during BLM when it was considered that the UK has a problem with racism?

TheGame

I don’t know mate. You posted a tweet from 8:22pm last night, so no, I doubt they’ve tracked down that person.

Do you ever consider that you’re just a little too online? The situation in Gaza has created a source of real religious tension and as such, there are going to be hundreds of examples of garbage people doing disgusting things.

But day to day in real life? Life is trucking along. If you happen to live anywhere near Stamford Hill, ride a bike around there for an hour or so. On any given day you’re going to see fiercely Jewish folks wandering the streets with devout Muslims on their way to mosque. There are Palestinian flags flying from houses just doors away from synagogues and everyone is just… chill. In the midst of an international crisis, people in real life are behaving exactly as they did before.

I’ll probably be on board with loads of the things you believe. But viewing life through the lens of the tiny lens of content that’s made it to Twitter on any given day is going to really Fcuk with your brain.

Palestine should be free. Israel is committing atrocities. Racists should be expelled from all areas of government. But no, Dobber should not have instant same-day access to information about specific racists at the time of their pleasing.

Maybe you’re right. Maybe Keir Starmer is protecting a properly racist cnut and he has some secret plot to keep them in the party. All evidence so far tells me that that is never going to be the case, but carry on believing it if you like.
Well said.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Isn't this the argument peddled by people during BLM when it was considered that the UK has a problem with racism?
No. I’m not denying racism at all. I’m saying that a couple of near term incidents cannot be used to judge an entire apparatus, and that past dealings suggest that there’s a focus on removing racists from the party in question.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
No. I’m not denying racism at all. I’m saying that a couple of near term incidents cannot be used to judge an entire apparatus, and that past dealings suggest that there’s a focus on removing racists from the party in question.
I think what people are saying though is that this shows, among other incidents that Labour has a problem with racism, including islamophobia in the party? I think you're taking it too literally.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I think what people are saying though is that this shows, among other incidents that Labour has a problem with racism, including islamophobia in the party? I think you're taking it too literally.
Do you think it’s sensible to use a volunteer door knocker as an indication of anything?

Racist people exist. I’m not making a single excuse for the person in the video. But it’s insane to think that any level of vetting is going to find out that they’re going to do that, in the moment.

It happened yesterday. It’s not like they have been identified, apologised, and still operate within the party.

It’s the equivalent of someone in a football crowd doing a bit of racism. Find them, ban them. For all we know, the person she said it to might have already reported them. It’s mad to expect this to be resolved within hours.

Smores

This precedent has already been set though. A couple of years ago they'd be immediate calls for an investigation and a leader apology.

We're going into an election time so they'll just sweep it under the carpets as Corbyn always tried to do.

I don't particularly agree but it's fairly obvious why some might be aggrieved islamaphobia isn't deemed worthy of the same focus (by the same people).

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Do you think it’s sensible to use a volunteer door knocker as an indication of anything?

Racist people exist. I’m not making a single excuse for the person in the video. But it’s insane to think that any level of vetting is going to find out that they’re going to do that, in the moment.

It happened yesterday. It’s not like they have been identified, apologised, and still operate within the party.

It’s the equivalent of someone in a football crowd doing a bit of racism. Find them, ban them. For all we know, the person she said it to might have already reported them. It’s mad to expect this to be resolved within hours.
When you put it alongside the context of other racist incidents in the Labour party under Starmer's leadership then yeah, i'd say it is another line of indication.

UnrelatedPsuedo

When you put it alongside the context of other racist incidents in the Labour party under Starmer's leadership then yeah, i'd say it is another line of indication.
I’ll be honest mate, I don’t really collect these stories. From what I understand, they’ve been dealt with head on. There may be a few that have just been quietly handled but I can’t recall them. That’s ignorance, not denial on my part.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
This precedent has already been set though. A couple of years ago they'd be immediate calls for an investigation and a leader apology.

We're going into an election time so they'll just sweep it under the carpets as Corbyn always tried to do.

I don't particularly agree but it's fairly obvious why some might be aggrieved islamaphobia isn't deemed worthy of the same focus (by the same people).
Imagine that was a Jewish voter and you could hear the word y*d clearly. The outrage would be the top headline around the country for weeks, Starmer would be prostrating in front of TV cameras in forgiveness.

But now it's just a bad apple innit. Where have we heard that globally before?