g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Westminster Politics

TheGame

Sorry but Natalie Elphicke is a complete waste of space. The previous person defecting was a Doctor, highlighting issues about the NHS and standing down at the next election. Elphicke is a nutcase and doing it to save her own skin. She should not be selected as a candidate at the next election.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yeah this cnut...

So import the policies and now import the corruption and sleaze. Seriously, What's the feckin point in voting.
"You're not stopping the boats fast enough" isn't a reason why someone should defect to Labour but, ffs, here we are.

Balljy

Elphicke joining Labour because she thinks they will be harsher on border security is hardly the best endorsement of the policies I'm looking for under a Labour government.

DanH

"You're not stopping the boats fast enough" isn't a reason why someone should defect to Labour but, ffs, here we are.

To be honest, it's quite a legitimate reason but not in the way she views it.

She is standing down at the next election. As long as she follows the whip...

DanH

She really should not have been allowed in at all. Nothing gained by Labour allowing her in.

I don't want to defend her policies or behaviour. I'm pleased she will be standing down.

*I'm just going on Politicslive in reference to her standing down.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Why even take her onboard though? Just say no thanks, your values and voting history don't align with that of the current Labour party (even if in reality they do). Might win back a few disgruntled left voters. Such an easy win really I don't get it.

She was also one of the bigger gobshites against Rashford and the whole school meals thing as well.

Dobba

Why even take her onboard though? Just say no thanks, your values and voting history don't align with that of the current Labour party (even if in reality they do). Might win back a few disgruntled left voters. Such an easy win really I don't get it.

She was also one of the bigger gobshites against Rashford and the whole school meals thing as well.
Why would Starmer want 'the fleas' back?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Welcoming in a nutcase, another reason not to vote for Starmer’s Red Tories.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Are Labour that desperate to be seen as scoring a point over the Tories that they'll take someone like that?

FireballXL5

Every day it seems the Labour Party is giving me one more reason not to vote for them.

The state of this...

Last edited:

Spark

Yeah not sure this is the win Labour think it is… on a local level what’s the general election campaign going to be like in Dover now?

It’s going to come crashing down rapidly on Starmer at some point, absolutely feck all substance to his “Changed Labour Party TM” beyond flag shagging and stealing Tories. Really is the Southgate of political leader.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Really is the Southgate of political leader.
Not really a problem in my eyes. He’ll win the GE. Perhaps the next as a cakewalk as 4 years isn’t that long in Politics. Perhaps 2-3 Green MP’s At the next turn in 2029. And a Labour Party able to move closer to Corbyn policies from a position of strength beyond that. This off the back of a better national
Landscape that now. It’s the hope that kills yoj.

This framed by Southgate being fantastic for England for at least 4+ years, then running out of ability.

Dobba

Not really a problem in my eyes. He’ll win the GE. Perhaps the next as a cakewalk as 4 years isn’t that long in Politics. Perhaps 2-3 Green MP’s At the next turn in 2029. And a Labour Party able to move closer to Corbyn policies from a position of strength beyond that. This off the back of a better national

This framed by Southgate being fantastic for England for at least 4+ years, then running out of ability.
I'll have what you're smoking.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Presumably if Man City win the PL, Starmer will reveal he was a lifelong City fan.
Why do you guys do this childish shit?

16 years ago. Arsenal mentioned.

It’s so easy to check. Just stop.

It’s also easy to check and find out that he’s not really an England fan. On that one he’s political and it grates with me. But he’s an Arsenal fan and hasn’t just picked it up recently. Coverage has increased as Arsenal are good and he’s in the public eye. He goes to home matches, lives ‘near’ the ground and has been spotted at games, at pubs in the area, and on the Overground on the way there.

We’ve become so deeply mistrusting of politicians over the last 20 years. But in this space, on a football forum, we can absolutely prove that he likes what we like, is a somewhat tidy player for an old git, and wholesomely enjoys one passion that we all do too.

Sweet Square

But in this space, on a football forum, we can absolutely prove that he likes what we like, is a somewhat tidy player for an old git, and wholesomely enjoys one passion that we all do too.
Sure

Meanwhile, GETIR gave Starmer “four tickets with hospitality for Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal,” worth £1,600. The match attended by Starmer, who is an Arsenal fan, took place at the Spurs stadium, where the executive suite advertises “private gourmet dining” and “beautifully crafted menus… crafted by world famous chefs”.

Speaking to openDemocracy, a staff collective of GETIR employees in Germany, where the firm is more established than the UK, said it was “like working in a cartel”, and that employees are often too afraid to speak out against the violation of their rights. GETIR didn’t respond to openDemocracy’s request for comment.

In total, Starmer has accepted tickets to 11 football matches, in most cases in exclusive executive suites, and also two rugby matches.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/ke...tenham-hotspur-chelsea-coldplay-adele-google/

cafecillos

It's just so fecking weak. These MPs crying about how the Tory's have destroyed the country. Why didnt they leave years ago then? Pricks. Jumping a sinking ship like the rats they are.
Yep, I would slam the door in their fecking faces.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Why do you guys do this childish shit?

16 years ago. Arsenal mentioned.

It’s so easy to check. Just stop.

It’s also easy to check and find out that he’s not really an England fan. On that one he’s political and it grates with me. But he’s an Arsenal fan and hasn’t just picked it up recently. Coverage has increased as Arsenal are good and he’s in the public eye. He goes to home matches, lives ‘near’ the ground and has been spotted at games, at pubs in the area, and on the Overground on the way there.

We’ve become so deeply mistrusting of politicians over the last 20 years. But in this space, on a football forum, we can absolutely prove that he likes what we like, is a somewhat tidy player for an old git, and wholesomely enjoys one passion that we all do too.
It was a joke.
Being the most incompetent Labour leader in my lifetime is not.

Semper Fudge

Apt Tagline

Ah, the famous pivot.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yeah I was prepared to be pragmatic and vote Labour to get the Tories out but feck that.

Changing the Tory badge to red isn’t a reason to vote.