5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh 76

As much as I'd like to upgrade on him in the summer, I love just how much he's enjoying his time here :lol: :D

Really squeezing everything out of the experience and he's been very endearing attitude wise.
Good, honest, hardworking lad. Celebrates with great passion. Always tries his best. Very tall.

Have I missed anything ?

Brophs

The One and Only
Going to give an unpopular opinion, he doesn't get fed the ball enough. So many replays you see he's in a decent position with his hands asking for the ball in frustration. His teammates clearly don't trust him enough.

He'd defo have more goals with more trust.
He'd also have a damn sight more trust with more goals.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Going to give an unpopular opinion, he doesn't get fed the ball enough. So many replays you see he's in a decent position with his hands asking for the ball in frustration. His teammates clearly don't trust him enough.

He'd defo have more goals with more trust.
I agree. Antony and Rashford go for goal almost all the time. Gonna be difficult no matter who the CF is. Plus we're not blessed with full backs whipping quality crosses in either.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Well fair play to him, he really did his utmost to try to end his time here with 2 trophies today and took a nice pen too. Good to have someone getting the crowd going.

Devil81

He'd also have a damn sight more trust with more goals.
Yeah I get that, but he's often making decent runs which we can all see clearly. He could easily get more shots off if played the ball.

Alex B

Absolutely love the bloke I really do, such a shame he has no acceleration. If he did he'd be fed more chances and have scored more. Changed my mind on keeping him as a 3rd choice/plan B in the past month, I think he should move on now. But no doubting his attitude is exceptional. Must have been bricking it for his penalty

ti vu

Yeah I get that, but he's often making decent runs which we can all see clearly. He could easily get more shots off if played the ball.
Let's not push it and make it debatable today where it should be about the limited positive contribution he gave us this game.

How often is often about him making decent run? Rashford, Antony doesn't always get to see pass sending their way, and they're very good (great in Rashford case) at timing to make their run and beating defender in those first few seconds. How decent is the run? We didn't create enough tap in, clean through chances or Ronaldo might have scored enough to keep himself happy. Weghorst has had his chances with those clearer chances and he failed badly to convert them. If PL defense is too easy to break down with basic CF play/run then, teams wouldn't spend money to build depth. Just drill academy youth to do be one dimensional good at few things and let the senior feeds them chances.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Love that he ran in front of the fans to celebrate after the whistle while all the rest of the players celebrated together.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He’s so dreadful that I really look forward to the day I never have to see him play for us again, but he’s also very likeable. His attitude and drive and willingness, and his passion today, love it, but… bless him, he’s awful.

so happy for him he scored that penalty though, he may never get to hit another one that important again.

Djemba-Djemba

You could see how nervous the lad was with that penalty. I was so happy for him when he scored it.

Let him stay as a 4th choice striker on 10k a week - he’d probably take it.
10k a week would be overpaying! He's terrible!

He tries hard, he seems a nice lad, etc and he took a good penalty today so fair play. But come on, he's nowhere near good enough.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
No doubt about it, it's like one of us getting a shot. But this season of all seasons, we need to see guys in the jersey that appreciate what it means to be there. I'll watch clips like that celebration over Ronaldo's highlight reel over he last 2 seasons.

RuudTom83

Still not had his cult hero moment…earlier in the season I felt it was destined to happen at some stage, but the games are running out and there is only one real game left.

Will he score in the final!?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's hard not to like this guy, aside from most of his actual football. Can we pay him a small wage to be passionate from behind the dugout?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
When's Fred the Red's contract up? Anything to be said for getting Wout in there?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Still not had his cult hero moment…earlier in the season I felt it was destined to happen at some stage, but the games are running out and there is only one real game left.

Will he score in the final!?
Watch him score a hat trick in the finals after we go 2-0 down to a Haaland double to win us the game in injury time.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

As much as I'd like to upgrade on him in the summer, I love just how much he's enjoying his time here :lol: :D

Really squeezing everything out of the experience and he's been very endearing attitude wise.
He’s basically a fan who struck the jackpot and gets to play for us. He’s basically living his dream.

Lyng

Had to be subbed on just cause of that kiss on the ball.
It's interesting how he stormed towards the ball and grabbed it before Sanchez. Gave him and Dave a chance to do some shenanigans before Marsh's kick and lo and behold he skies it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I was so scared for him when he stepped up for his pen. Imagine if he had missed the deciding one :lol:

He's usually a good penalty taker though, waits for the keeper and slots it in the other side, as he did yesterday. Identical to his WC pen.

justsomebloke

Second straight game where he's had a teammate screaming at him in a rage for half a minute over a bad offensive decision (Fred yesterday, Antony against Sevilla). Teammates getting fed-up?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Second straight game where he's had a teammate screaming at him in a rage for half a minute over a bad offensive decision (Fred yesterday, Antony against Sevilla). Teammates getting fed-up?
Mayb he should start screaming at Rashford when he doesnt lay it off for him to walk it into the goal instead of trying an impossible shot:wenger:

Lyng

When it comes to bad offensive decisions those two probably should work on their own decisions first....

justsomebloke

Sure. My point is more it's not often you see teammates going at someone with that level of open anger. You wonder if that doesn't betray a certain level of underlying frustration.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I felt alright that he'd score. I was 70% confident. The only thing that made me nervous was he's been crap here so where his confidence would be. He's managed to get a 1 in 2 record for goals most of his career somehow. Can't have done that missing chances as easy as from a penalty spot!

I felt more nervous with Dalot.
I was sure Sancho or Rashford would miss, they both looked nervous

spiriticon

He's useful to bring on when you're trying to defend a 1-0 lead, not when you're trying to score the winning goal. And I'm not even sure he does that well, since he's too technically deficient to be a proper long ball outlet. The ball constantly bounces off him.

Ten Hag keeps bringing him on when we need to score goals, and it's just hopeless.

blackhawk747

Supports
Carrick FC
you can see the difference when Weghorst came up in the second half. His physical presence is undeniably impactful. I will be glad if he is keeped as 2nd/3rd choice next season.

Djemba-Djemba

Why? as soon as he is starting week in week out. his touch and finishing is so terrible indeed but his aerial, physical and workrate could be valuable on some occassion
He's terrible in the air and in terms of physicality he can't hold the ball up at all. He works hard but you need more than that.

The idea of Utd having a 2nd choice striker who is so technically poor and with such an appalling goal scoring record in England is madness. If the first choice striker got hurt you'd want Weghorst leading the line for us for the season?

You even acknowledge his touch and finishing is terrible but you want us to spend money on him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.