5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Over the moon with him to be honest. Fans are spoilt.

He’s came in, costing buttons, has done everything the manager has asked of him, and is probably the budget template of what kind of forward we will look to bring in.

He presses, frees up space, causes the oppo defence lots of problems.

Anyone that thought we were getting a top 4 level centre forward, for free, at the last minute… mad.

He’s over performing. His performances will be taped and shown to the likes of Martial and he’ll be told “Do all of this shit first, this is your template”.

Yes, we need a properly talented version. Preferably one under the age of 25. But you can’t just not have anyone if a manager says “I need a player like X to play my style”.

Beech

He's a nice guy and he's doing a job for the team, but he's nothing more than a stop gap. I wouldn't be against him signing and being a squad player down the line, but he's not and will never be our main man up front, that's for sure.

Waynne

Rashford is our current best performing attacker. Would be like Liverpool asking Salah to supply Firminho. The CF is now as much a support role as a scoring role. The inside forwards are their strike partners. Besides Wout doesn't have the kind of ability to be supplied. The real reason he isn't much of a goal threat is his lack of mobility and physicality. Like he can head the ball but isn't the best at aerial duels and he can't get on the end of attacking headers so it has to be delivered at his head. It won't be as productive as people think to supply him aerially.
With such a tall frame he generally prefers the ball played into his feet. I think people just naturally think because of his height that he'd be a danger on the end of a lobbed cross.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
With such a tall frame he generally prefers the ball played into his feet. I think people just naturally think because of his height that he'd be a danger on the end of a lobbed cross.
Exactly. Like this:
I hope I'm wrong but I think there's a reason he was at Burnley at his age. He fits the long ball hoof it style of play but our players move the ball so much faster than he is able to. Maybe he's a good plan b but never a starter in my view.
He actually didn't fit Burnley's style at all, which is (part of) why it went so poorly for him there. He fits United's style much better, even if he's not good and quick enough to perform it on the level required (at least as a starter).

Valencia Shin Crosses

He’s came in, costing buttons, has done everything the manager has asked of him, and is probably the budget template of what kind of forward we will look to bring in.

Anyone that thought we were getting a top 4 level centre forward, for free, at the last minute… mad.

He’s over performing. His performances will be taped and shown to the likes of Martial and he’ll be told “Do all of this shit first, this is your template”.

Yes, we need a properly talented version. Preferably one under the age of 25. But you can’t just not have anyone if a manager says “I need a player like X to play my style”.
You're "over the moon" at a mediocre striker because he presses? Christ you're easy to please.

And no, as if it's not been said enough repeatedly, ETH actually loves how Martial plays for the team when he's not crocked. He's not going to be showing him tapes of fecking Weghorst playing 2 yard layoffs and pressing as a template.

December_16

Just you guys wait until Sancho and Dalot are properly back and supply a billion crosses into the bean pole. Header goals galore.

(Or so I hope)

Litch

Spot on. A bit early but I'd probably keep him, 8 mil squad player, bargain.

luke511

I definitely wouldn’t say he’s over performing. Ighalo was over performing at 0.60 goals per 90 whilst showing technical ability up to the required standard. Weghorst is at 0.2 per 90 so far where 5 of the 6 games were against lesser opposition, whilst looking like Mertesacker doing a shift up front.

mu4c_20le

You're "over the moon" at a mediocre striker because he presses? Christ you're easy to please.

And no, as if it's not been said enough repeatedly, ETH actually loves how Martial plays for the team when he's not crocked. He's not going to be showing him tapes of fecking Weghorst playing 2 yard layoffs and pressing as a template.
As soon as he came off against palace we scored immediately. I don't have much confidence or expectation when I see him start. He's better than sticking Elanga up top, that's all.

Can't wait for Martial to come back, then he can come off the bench and run his heart out when we need energy in the second half.

lex talionis

A nice start, but a dodgy performance last time out. Wout needs to anticipate better and fight for his position in the box.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

He looks a bit odd playing for us. I think his best attributes are without the ball, pressing and occupying defenders. Not sure this is enough.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
On Wout
"He is the one who makes players around him play better," Ten Hag told a news conference on Friday.

"As a team we have to work better to anticipate his movements because his movements are good, quite a lot of times he was close. He had many good actions and already a lot of good contributions to our results.

"He will score, but in the meantime do the other stuff, do it good. It is about not scoring individual but scoring from the team and the team has to win. He is doing a very good job at this moment in several aspects of football."
Thought this would be of interest in here. It gives an idea of what Ten Hag sees in and wants from Weghorst, and by extension from his CF more generally.

Erics_Collar

It's February 8th, 2013.

2 days ago, you watched United extend their unbeaten run to 13 games in the league. You don't know it yet, but that run will go to 19 games before you next lose. But by that stage, the league will already be over.

Robin Van Persie is well on his way to bagging the golden boot. He's the latest in a long line of goal machines you've seen at the club. Be it Van Persie, Rooney, Ronaldo, Van Nistelrooy, Cole, Yorke, Solakjaer etc. You've been lucky to see some of the world's best lead the line.

You're sat on your sofa. Suddenly, a cloud of fog appears in the corner of the room. You think it may be an electrical fault first, but to your shock and horror, somebody emerges from the smoke.

You recognise them instantly. That face...that hair...those eyes. You see them every day. The person you're looking at.....it's......

You.

You mumble the words "what's going on...." or at least you think that's what you say. You're still in shock.

This other You interrupts you quickly.

"We don't have much time. They're after me..." your doppelganger says.

"Who's after you?" you ask.

"There's no time time to explain" he responds. "We need to make this quick. I'm you, but from the future. I can't explain, but I've exploited an inconsistency in the fabric of time and I've been able to travel backwards. But there are rules. I can't interfere with the future, or give you any information that would materially change the future. But I you can ask me any question you want, it just needs to be harmless and inconsequential..."

"Harmless and incon.." you begin to reply, but you are immediately cut off.

"Yes, harmless...an unimportant question. But you need to be quick, you have 30 seconds maximum before I need to go, or else they'll find me."

"Before who finds you?"

"ASK A QUESTION, QUICK!"

You start to panic. You know this is a pivotal moment. What can you ask that would help guide you in life, what better understanding of the world around you can you get from this?

"HURRY..!"

You don't respond well under pressure.

"Who will be United's starting striker in 10 years?"

"His name is Wout Weghorst."

"I don't know him, is he any good? Who would you compare him to? I need to know!"

Your future self looks back at you. Everything is silent, and he cracks a wry smile, subtly shaking his head.

"Please tell me, who does he play like? Ronaldo? Rooney? Ruud?"

Suddenly, your future self sighs. The sense of urgency that enveloped him has been replaced by a shroud of trepidation. He now appears nothing more than a weary time traveller. He has no grand insight to offer. He has no clarity. He holds no great revelations.

He only holds the cold, harsh, uncoloured truth. And then, he speaks. And when you hear what he says, your bones chill.

"Well, do you remember Grant Holt?"

FujiVice

He's fecking hopeless sadly. He's seemingly getting a pat on the back by working hard. Which is the bare minimal when you are a top 4 side.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Should be a sub maybe. Not sure if he brings anything to the team

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Said in the matchday thread the other day that there’s no way a Manchester United vs Leeds United game is not going to be double speed for him.

Feck knows what the manager was thinking, absolute rubbish. There were far better options in January.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Confused as to what he does, it's like the rest of the team doesn't play the ball to him and he can only make a simple lay off. Never bullies his defender.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Now that we have some actual footballers back to fitness in Sancho and the manager is starting to trust Pellistri, I never want to see this guy start a game again, thanks.

IhabX7

I hope this long-winded experiment with this type of striker is over. Get him on when we’re chasing a match but he shouldn’t start.

spiriticon

If he ain't gonna punch some defenders in the ribs and make them lose focus, there's no point having him on the pitch

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
We were a much better team as soon as he went off. He works hard, but he has the pace of Matic. We have to slow down as a team to support him up top. The attack was so much quicker with Sancho in and Rashford through the middle.

I thought he'd be a backup striker who'd play now and again, it's concerning he's starting pretty much every game, and he never once looks a threat. I hope we don't sign him permanently.

Abraxas

Hasn't really fitted the bill in our side as yet. I don't think it's just a matter of quality (although clearly we knew we were not getting a top player) - it's like the rest of the attack and him are on a completely different wavelength. We never get crosses in when he's in the side, we don't seem to find any of his movements. I think it's a problem of getting a striker half way through a season, along with possibly this being a step too far for him.

el3mel

The crazy thing for me was people were actually defending this transfer or trying to convince themselves he was good because he held the ball well in some instances.

Nothing against the lad. He clearly doesn't belong to this level of football. He's clearly trying but he's just an awful footballer. This can't be helped. It's our fault bringing him.

Telsim

Chilling performance. Woefully out of his depth so far, unfortunately. We have to hope he somehow gets better. He is all we have.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think he's been overexposed thanks to Martial being permanently in ICU, Rashford looks a better option for us at 9.

I think he can do a job for 20 minutes at the end of games but he's not out saviour

I think it's time to end this experiment. He's not cut out for this level.

E-mal

Dude is out of his depth, such a nothing player. Very bland.

Stadjer

If Martial was fitter Weghorst would come in to run around in the last 10 minutes to chase a goal.... Weghorst is never good enough to be starting for Manchester United.

Status
Not open for further replies.