5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevil@84

Still this video nullifies his explanation.
He seems to be going for VVD's hand, but looked like he is late and ends up touching the sign himself. He had time to pull back his hand, but he probably didn't think of it much. Everything happened in couple of seconds. So I think I can give him the benefit of doubt.

Hoof the ball

Calling absolute bullshit on his explanation that he was stopping VVD from touching the sign. It's plainly evident from the video that he touches the sign after VVD does and his hand is not even in the same spot that VVD's was! :lol:

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Calling absolute bullshit on his explanation that he was stopping VVD from touching the sign. It's plainly evident from the video that he touches the sign after VVD does and his hand is not even in the same spot that VVD's was! :lol:
Guy's got 1 goal in 14 games and you can't believe his aim was a bit off?

Juanuzayne

Riddle me this then.

If at the start of the season someone would have told you that we could win the Carabao Cup and be 3rd in the league at this stage of the season OR we avoid getting tanked by 7-0 by Liverpool............which option would you have chosen?
Tbh in this very moment, I would take 4th and battering Liverpool in this fixture over 3rd/Carabao/7-0. I may feel differently if we also win Europa and FA. This may become a distant memory at some point. But feels like shit still.

Bertie 2 Hats

https://lifebogger.com/wout-weghorst-childhood-biography-story-facts/

The following is an excerpt from the link above.

Wout Weghorst Liverpool Dream:
'Did you know?… The huge 1.97m (6 foot 6 inches) striker once had an England dream. It is no other than his desire to play for Liverpool.
As earlier recalled, Jari Litmanen (his idol) played for the Reds. That could be the reason why Wout supported Liverpool as a child. It also explains why he dreams to play for them.' :(

Superunknown

Fecking hell, this week has been ridiculous. Can't wait for it to be over and for us to play our next game. The media circus is just a complete farce. Can't be fecked with any of it. It's not like he's dropped his trousers and pissed on our flag, is it? Feck sake.

TheReligion

Abusive
Fecking hell, this week has been ridiculous. Can't wait for it to be over and for us to play our next game. The media circus is just a complete farce. Can't be fecked with any of it. It's not like he's dropped his trousers and pissed on our flag, is it? Feck sake.
The weird thing is some of our ‘fans’ lap it up.

Weird feckers.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
feckin ell, talk about your first touch letting you down

Cloud7

Not that I’m particularly bothered if he wanted to touch the sign but his explanation is total BS in my view. Van Dijk is well ahead of him when he touches the sign
He was just slow to catch up with Van Dijk and do what he intended. Not the first time:wenger:

reddev3

I actually believe him after seeing the video, as soon as he sees Van dijk put his arm up Weg puts his up straight away. He's just incredibly slow as we already knew and lands right after.

Mmm-Qatarian

After watching the video extensively, I've come to the conclusion that I still don't give a shite about this.

Fecking Hell lads, we just got beat 7-0 by the scum! Aren't there better things to moan about than this?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Yeah would have been better not saying anything, If he’s lifting to block someone else’s hand. Why does he leave his hand planted there once he misses and as he walks under it. What a bullshit explanation haha.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He seems to be going for VVD's hand, but looked like he is late and ends up touching the sign himself. He had time to pull back his hand, but he probably didn't think of it much. Everything happened in couple of seconds. So I think I can give him the benefit of doubt.
Yeah, that is how it looks. He’s trying to catch up with VVD , gets there too late to block him, feels like a bit of a tit and pretends he was just trying to touch the sign himself.

Feck me. Why am I analysing a man touching a sign? What have I become?

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
How do you know he didn't pick his nose first before touching the sign?

MiceOnMeth

The lad is relishing every second playing for us and giving his all on the pitch I couldn't give a feck if he had tea and scones with Gerrard

KetilOwren88

I doubt he knew though?
I’m not sure, but some sources suggest that he is a life long Liverpool fan, and if that’s the case he certainly would know. He came out explaining the situation now, saying it was done to wind up van Dijk, but I don’t know if I belive him! Haha

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
I am more worried about accomodating him as number 10 on expense of Bruno than him being closet Liverpool fan. Touching that sign means shit, playing him constantly while shuffling players around him is concern, would rather see latter being adressed.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Although he’s been bad and not what we need, he at least tries his best every game and appreciates being here. Unlike some others who choose when to perform.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
His pressing is superb and he links up well. The issue with him is that even aside from scoring his play with back to goal / strength on the ball isn’t great. I think ETH plays him a lot also because some of our forwards still aren’t great at pressing - Rashford, Sancho and Garnacho in particular - but I’d like to see him rotated rather than always play. He isn’t that good even with the nice link up play and pressing.

Greck

Who gives a F about a sign. It just looked like a monkey see, monkey do, brain faux pas moment. I'd probably focus more on the talent issue. If he was actually good enough I wouldn't care if he was caught reading mein kampf on the bench. Too many things happening off the pitch to care

justsomebloke

An idiotic thing to do by Weghorst - and his explanation is ridiculous. Hopefully someone gives him an earful or two about it. Then move on. The last thing we need right now is to get caught up in stuff like this.

chickensgowoof

My excuse for this would've been..... Yeah but I stuck my hand down my pants and wiped my arse first....

Which incidentally is on my bucket list things to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.