WWC19 | Final: USA v Netherlands

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What are Cameroon protesting about, Ellen White was well onside.

Kag

This is the second time I’ve watched England so far. The quality is abominable, isn’t it?

I mean, what on earth is the referee allowing to happen here?

Lucy Bronze is the only player that actually resembles a footballer.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Cameroon coach fuming with his own players?

They're having a team talk in middle of the pitch at half time?

Comedy gold this :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I only really know Canada well but it seems like the obvious move is to get Bronze into midfield in the 2nd half to improve your play there.
Lucy Bronze was tried in midfield in plenty of warm up games, didn't really work.

Personally if England play US I'd take Fran Kirkby out and play 3 man midfield (Jill Scott still got good goal threat).

Norway will be tricky test.

Wilt

Cameroon team meeting in the middle of the pitch :lol:

Looking forward to second half meltdown.

Wal2Fra

The ref would be well within her right to book every Cameroon player for time wasting!

But then her right and her ability are not on the same level.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Lucy Bronze was tried in midfield in plenty of warm up games, didn't really work.

Personally if England play US I'd take Fran Kirkby out and play 3 man midfield (Jill Scott still got good goal threat).

Norway will be tricky test.
I think USA wouldn't be too happy about that

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Cameroon players saying Fifa are racists in the tunnel apparently. :lol::lol::lol:

Do they even understand the rules?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
The backpass was possibly a debatable decision (defender failed to control it rather than a deliberate pass to the goalie) Cameroon has got feck all else to mean about.

ninjaskill

Only problem was that the game was still going on. Ref should have given a yellow to the captain.
She shouldn’t actually if no one is over the ball you can’t book anyone for time wasting. Same thing with if no one is standing over a throw in you can’t book anyone for time wasting. It’s a flaw in the rules that no one is responsible for time wasting at that point.

Fergies Gum

Sadly that pathetic display of behavior from the Cameroon team will overshadow whatever happens in the game.

redshaw

Hopefully someone clears up the rules for them at halftime. The England player on the left is far away and under the rules can even be much closer and not be interfering.

Duggan is having a poor game again. Is the left wing not her position?

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
What are Cameroon protesting about, Ellen White was well onside.
Pathetic from Cameroon. No class.
They gonna even bother coming out for the 2nd half?
Cmon Cameroon let it go, getting embarrassing now.
What was all that about? :lol:
I guess it’s all about the understanding of the implementation of VAR. I think the Cameroon players expected the ref to take a look herself before overturning her on-pitch call (as has been the case in most similar circumstances). I think they felt her awarding the goal, thereby overturning the initial call, without checking, like a bit of injustice.

I think the goal was rightfully given but I can understand the players’ emotions taking over a little bit there.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I guess it’s all about the understanding of the implementation of VAR. I think the Cameroon players expected the ref to take a look herself before overturning her on-pitch call (as has been the case in most similar circumstances). I think they felt her awarding the goal, thereby overturning the initial call, without checking, like a bit of injustice.

I think the goal was rightfully given but I can understand the players’ emotions taking over a little bit there.
It gets overturned by the other officials if it's clear, no need for the ref to go and look. It wasn't a debatable decision at all. Just something the lineswoman got wrong.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It gets overturned by the other officials if it's clear, no need for the ref to go and look. It wasn't a debatable decision at all. Just something the lineswoman got wrong.
Think they only come and have a look it they are advised to. If it is clear they will just go with the VAR officials.