WWC19 | Final: USA v Netherlands

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Another reason VAR is a good thing.
Yeah, it’s messy but mostly they get it right. More times than only on the field calls would.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
The backpass was possibly a debatable decision (defender failed to control it rather than a deliberate pass to the goalie) Cameroon has got feck all else to mean about.
That’s how everyone in Cameroon feels about that penalty. Inasmuch as I don’t think it was a pass, I also believe that in the heat of the action, the ref could (edit: could NOT) have tried too hard to interpret the defenders intention (pass or control) so the free-kick call is understandable. But probably the players felt it differently.

ninjaskill

Saudi Arabia in the WC, I’m guessing.
Kuwait protested a france goal as they felt it was offside and by refusing to play unless the goal was ruled out and it was. Replays showed the goal was offside but as France were already ahead by four they didn't care that much.

Edit: Apparently the Kuwatis said they heard a whistle that made them stop and it took the crown price of Kuwait to convince the ref not to give the goal.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
It gets overturned by the other officials if it's clear, no need for the ref to go and look. It wasn't a debatable decision at all. Just something the lineswoman got wrong.
I know. I’m just trying to explain why the players might have felt aggrieved by the decision. I just think they would have easier accepted the decision of the ref had looked herself before overturning the initial call.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
That’s how everyone in Cameroon feels about that penalty. Inasmuch as I don’t think it was a pass, I also believe that in the heat of the action, the ref could have tried too hard to interpret the defenders intention (pass or control) so the free-kick call is understandable. But probably the players felt it differently.
They've gotta be a bit more professional though. That showing at the end of the half was ludicrous.

CodeRed

What happened 30 plus years ago?
Well i was thinking about the 'Battle of Bramell lane'. Go on youtube and watch that if you have never seen it. You will be socked. Basically tge ref had to cancel the match in the end......however it was because there wasn't enough players to play in the 2nd half.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wonderful goal from Cameroon, poor kick out from keeper though.

Might be VAR check.....Cameroon players will probably walk off if this is disallowed.:lol:

Nico87

Cameroon going to get every 50/50 decision from now on, referee seems intimidated by their volatility.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Didn't Lille pretty much walk off the pitch in a game with Man. United a few years back?

mu4c_20le

Just saw this on twitter.. with all the commotion you'd thought it was a final