WWC19 | Final: USA v Netherlands

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
England players look great one minute but the next they display a first touch that makes Lukaku look like Messi.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I think the fact that it hit her leg first made it hard to call
According to the new laws it's a penalty. Ridiculous imo. It does stop the grey area and interpretation by referees though I suppose.

Apparently it is handball if the ball is smashed at you from a yard away when your arm is tucked in, but not there?

Mental really.
Yeah, they haven't got a clue.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
England is playing another sport they're so much better. Only team I see challenging the US. Okay, maybe France too.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Pfffttt these Norwegians shouldn't even be on the same field as our world class English lasses.

(We will probably feck this up)

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
According to the new laws it's a penalty. Ridiculous imo. It does stop the grey area and interpretation by referees though I suppose.

I know, I'm pretty sure the pen would have been given if it hit the arm directly. The whole rule is silly anyway. It takes intent out of the equation but it can be so so unfair at times

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Amazed Jill Scott is only 5ft 11, she looks like Crouch out there!

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Don't get why BBC don't have Casey stoney for England games . These girls are more excitement and little analysis

Copa Mundial

Just to clarify the new handball laws:

The law remains that deliberate handball is an offence. But accidental handball will also be a free-kick if...
  • the ball goes into the goal off an attacker
  • a player gets the ball using their arm or hand and then scores, or creates a goalscoring opportunity
  • a player's hand or arm has made their body "unnaturally bigger"
  • the player's arm or hand is above their shoulder (unless the player has controlled the ball onto their own arm or hand)
But a handball will not be a free-kick if...
  • the ball is knocked on to a hand by the player in question or a nearby player
  • the arm or hand is close to their body and "has not made their body unnaturally bigger"
  • if a player is falling and the ball touches their hand or arm when it is between their body and the ground to support the body - but not extended to make the body bigger.
Therefore no penalty, correct decision.

Reactions: Rolandofgilead

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
As per bbc the law states that if the ball hits another part of the body first then it's not a penalty

saivet

Found out the Ballon Do'r winner is from Norway earlier in the tournament. Finally watching a Norway game and I find out she isn't even playing for the national team.

Wal2Fra

Just to clarify the new handball laws:

The law remains that deliberate handball is an offence. But accidental handball will also be a free-kick if...
  • the ball goes into the goal off an attacker
  • a player gets the ball using their arm or hand and then scores, or creates a goalscoring opportunity
  • a player's hand or arm has made their body "unnaturally bigger"
  • the player's arm or hand is above their shoulder (unless the player has controlled the ball onto their own arm or hand)
But a handball will not be a free-kick if...
  • the ball is knocked on to a hand by the player in question or a nearby player
  • the arm or hand is close to their body and "has not made their body unnaturally bigger"
  • if a player is falling and the ball touches their hand or arm when it is between their body and the ground to support the body - but not extended to make the body bigger.
Therefore no penalty, correct decision.
Cheers for clearing it up. Atleast they are abiding by the laws of the game, even if those same laws are ruining it.