Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moby

Dick
Mate look at the posts. There's loads reacting as if Zlatan has been slaughtered tonight. I've really not seen anything particularly wrong.

At worst a few have pointed out what you just said, that he was poor apart from the goals. Somebody put me on ignore(Don't know how I'll cope without a complete stranger reading my posts) for pretty much the same thing. Hysterical stuff.

Edit: It wasn't meant at you.
Most of your posts in this thread today have been completely rubbish though and have been stinking up the place.

Anyone who utters the sentence 'scored a hat trick but had a shit game' needs to read what they just wrote, probably around 50 odd times.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Be a dear and quote me those messages of mine in which im saying he isn't having a nice stats?

Also be a dear and tell me how many clearcut chances did he miss which would have seen us even higher up the table?
Be a dear and tell me how you know that the goals he did score would've been scored by another striker who presumably would've scored that and the ones Zlatan missed. Let's keep this evidence based though. No assumptions and intangibles.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
Let me begin by saying how fortunate we are to have such an amazing goal-magnet as Ibra! :drool:

Haha such a bizzare performance from Ibra. Don't think I've ever seen a hat-trick coupled with such a poor performance. Even the goals were shit. It's why he stays on the pitch though. Experience gets him goals.
It was not his most composed effort was it? And a lot of things didn't come off for him they way he would have liked, but feck me, the ball is attracted to him and vice versa. Thing of beauty and it could've been more :)

Not sure I agree with this. How many strikers do more in a match than Zlatan does? He drops deep, works his socks off and is quite involved in our general play, I think.
This is oh so so true but today imho he did seem a yard off his usual (not so quick) pace and almost none of patterned little flicks and tricks & one-two's came off; but how can you (or why) would you take off a player that so regularly gets goals out of nowt? Fecking amazing ... again! :devil:

He does help the fluidity in attack though, his movement, his touches and his flicks are what brings the people around him into play. I fear this won't be seen until he leaves us.
Don't worry lad, it's being seen now and you are also right it will at some time be sorely mossed! Perhaps not by every body in the caf but almost all of us.:wenger:

Match winner, as simple as that. Next game should be cup final.
Match winner, time and time again, yes! But for me he only makes it "look simple" :drool:

Anyone have an opinion on the "foul" for his penalty? that actually annoyed me, and no I don't hate Ibra or want him replaced.
Yeah I have an opinion; I "blame" his experience - he's in the box with 3 or 4 frustrated defenders around him peckin' at his heels close to the end of the game. They can't get round him (he's too good) and the guy in his back in advisably lunges & sticks his knee into the back of Ibra's knee/thigh. (Ever had somebody just take your knee out from behind) Inbra felt the contact & had really nowhere else to go but down. Left the ref little option unless the ref wanted to keep it at 2?

[Is] the [fact that] Martial and Mkhi sat out most of the first half of the season the reason Zlatan has so many goals?
Is my para phrasing correct?
If so, I'd say no! Zlatan has scored so many goals simply because he is probably one of the greatest goal scorers the world have ever seen, even in his "twilight" years and in front of a team only now just starting to play well together. He manages to get to the right place at the right time over and over again! Call it acute anticipation :angel:
And yes, he's getting plenty of playing time, regardless of who else is available. With Mkhi playing well now and Martial also looking a better player each time he plays, Ibra will simply score and assist even more before he eventually leaves us.

Dobbs

Most of your posts in this thread today have been completely rubbish though and have been stinking up the place.

Anyone who utters the sentence 'scored a hat trick but had a shit game' needs to read what they just wrote, probably around 50 odd times.
Some big Zlatan fans have said the same thing. It's also the truth. Which is a very odd thing to have a problem with.

You've also isolated one sentence out of a paragraph. Poor form given what the rest of that post said.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Be a dear and quote me those messages of mine in which im saying he isn't having a nice stats?

Also be a dear and tell me how many clearcut chances did he miss which would have seen us even higher up the table?
I've been frustrated with him at times but irrespective of how many chances he's missed it's undeniable not too many players would've scored as many league goals as he has. I'd say our lack of goals (in comparison to teams above us) has been more down to a general lack of another regular goalscorer.

AkaAkuma

The Napoli reports have re-appeared and he's stated he hasn't made a decision on the contract extension.

Fracture90

Be a dear and tell me how you know that the goals he did score would've been scored by another striker who presumably would've scored that and the ones Zlatan missed. Let's keep this evidence based though. No assumptions and intangibles.
Be a dear and don't ignore the first part of my post. Quote me my messages, go on.

Btw we can't know due to him not being subbed off even when he's having an utter shiit performance.

Hawks2008

I don't understand how people can't be happy with what he's done for us, he's contributed 30 in 35 ffs. Is it the English fetishization of work rate? is it the modern fans obsession with a footballers pace? Is it that he's Mourinho's man through and through and that rubs the Jose haters the wrong way? Or is it those deluded enough to think Rashford and Martial are ready to lead the line in our team? Guy scores a hat-trick and people still aren't happy, Jesus wept.

Fracture90

Except yours isn't an opinion. It is a laughable biased, agenda-driven, hatred that makes you look silly.
Also don't ignore this one either.

Explain to me how come that a negative opinion doesn't fit your opinion standards?

Is an opinion valid only if it's positive in your mind?

Doesn't this same standard makes your opinion nothing more than a delusion hero worshipping? Or is it a opinion?

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
I've been frustrated with him at times but irrespective of how many chances he's missed it's undeniable not too many players would've scored as many league goals as he has. I'd say our lack of goals (in comparison to teams above us) has been more down to a general lack of another regular goalscorer.
There's another thread on this but i agree fully. That and the lack of goals from set pieces. Would love Bailly or someone to thump in a header from a corner.

RC89

It's unlikely that a player scores three goals and has a bad game but it's not impossible. That's like saying a goalkeeper saves two pens and so it's impossible to have a bad game. It's very possible if he's dropped clanger after clanger during the game.

His first goal was a complete fluke, his second, he'd have to do a lot wrong to miss. His penalty was a good solid pen.

By your logic, if he scores three then it immediately means he played well. He didn't. He was terrible for the most part.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
The Napoli reports have re-appeared and he's stated he hasn't made a decision on the contract extension.
I thought it was up to United to activate the next year? He signed a 1 year plus we have the option to extend for another year, no?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
There's another thread on this but i agree fully. That and the lack of goals from set pieces. Would love Bailly or someone to thump in a header from a corner.
Yeah, Mata's popped up with a couple and has made some important attacking contributions but in general, we've not really got anyone apart from Zlatan right now who's going to make it well into double figures in goals in the league; in that sense, despite any criticisms we may have, I don't think we can expect too much more from him. Already doing more than enough as a goalscorer.

Fracture90

Wasn't it his agent that started those rumours again?

Also Napoli's president De Laurentis has come out and said he'd love to have a person like Zlatan as their manager in a long run, but he also stated that he's too old now and that he wouldn't take it lightly to be coming off the bench in Napoli.

RedMaestro

I wonder how many goals Ibra scored for PSG last season in his first 35 games in all competitions.
If I didn't count wrong it's 30 goals (not counting NT and the "Supercup" before the season starts)

AkaAkuma

I thought it was up to United to activate the next year? He signed a 1 year plus we have the option to extend for another year, no?
Zlatan has been quoted as saying that the decision is mutual. He said it hasn't been determined from his side. So perhaps he is waiting to see how the season ends.

Wasn't it his agent that started those rumours again?

Also Napoli's president De Laurentis has come out and said he'd love to have a person like Zlatan as their manager in a long run, but he also stated that he's too old now and that he wouldn't take it lightly to be coming off the bench in Napoli.
Zlatan clearly likes living in Italy and at 35/6 living on the coast near Napoli would be great for him and his family.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Zlatan has been quoted as saying that the decision is mutual. He said it hasn't been determined from his side. So perhaps he is waiting to see how the season ends.
Yes I think you are right there. This comment makes sense from jomo now you have said that.

"We are going to execute the option of a second season. After that he can do what he wants."

RedMaestro

Zlatan clearly likes living in Italy and at 35/6 living on the coast near Napoli would be great for him and his family.
He's said that he wants to win the league.

Fracture90

Zlatan clearly likes living in Italy and at 35/6 living on the coast near Napoli w
Yeah he stated that himself that life in Italy suits him perfectly.

Also in one interview he spoke about his admiration towards the city of Naples and their culture, passion etc...can't remember was it him or his agent.

Skills

Snitch
He's still gonna explode in the Premier League I think. Go on a mad run with a few doubles and hat-tricks which will secure top 4 for us.

RedMaestro

It's unlikely that a player scores three goals and has a bad game but it's not impossible. That's like saying a goalkeeper saves two pens and so it's impossible to have a bad game. It's very possible if he's dropped clanger after clanger during the game.

His first goal was a complete fluke, his second, he'd have to do a lot wrong to miss. His penalty was a good solid pen.

By your logic, if he scores three then it immediately means he played well. He didn't. He was terrible for the most part.
Hmm... If Chicharito had scored 3 in this game, would it be a good or bad performance? I ask because that type of player usually is "unseen" on the pitch, but give him a chance and he scores.

Sylar

Some of you lot are weird, especially when the biggest criticism of United this season has been the lack of goals.
Id rather a "shit" performance like that and goals than him running his bollocks off, pressing defenders etc and being cheered for throwing himself around (like a Smith or Tevez) but getting 0 goals.

For a striker, goals trump performance because at the end of the day, thats whats most important for the team.

RC89

Hmm... If Chicharito had scored 3 in this game, would it be a good or bad performance? I ask because that type of player usually is "unseen" on the pitch, but give him a chance and he scores.
Well, I guess it depends. If Chicharito had an otherwise quiet game but used great movement to get the goals then I'd say he had a great game.

Zlatan however wasn't quiet, and for all the wrong reasons. He dropped deep way too often and cocked up a fair few times, and then his goals consisted off a flukey free kick, an absolute sitter which involved no real movement and a pen (a very decent pen mind). Those saying him getting a hat trick means by default he can't have had a bad game, well then surely to score three goals he had a world class game, yet they will never say that because they know the truth really. Cognitive dissonance.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is how Ruud being replaced by the inferior Saha helped us play better as a team and go to the next level.
We went to "the next level" with Saha? a guy who's record league goals total for United in a season was 8.

I thought this daft myth died a death a long time ago. The emergence of Ronaldo and Rooney into prime years took us to the next level, not bloody Saha.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I don't even think he's had a poor game today if you, for some unknown reason, decide to subtract his goals in all fairness. His numbers and general level of play is way above what I've expected of him, we're lucky to have him.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
We went to "the next level" with Saha? a guy who's record league goals total for United in a season was 8.

I thought this daft myth died a death a long time ago.
In terms of attacking play we looked awesome as a unit with Saha being the perfect foil for Rooney and Ronaldo. Think it was the '06 season where we just started smashing teams from the get go.

In terms of attacking play we looked awesome as a unit with Saha being the perfect foil for Rooney and Ronaldo. Think it was the '06 season where we just started smashing teams from the get go.
Ronaldo went from incredibly talented boy with not enough end product to emerging as the superstar goalscoring winger of World football.

Saha was alright, but his goal tallys were pretty wank, luckily Rooney & Ronaldo absolutely smashed it. Ronaldo's improvement was obvious year on year & it probably did help him not having RVN around.

pocco

loco
I don't even think he's had a poor game today if you, for some unknown reason, decide to subtract his goals in all fairness. His numbers and general level of play is way above what I've expected of him, we're lucky to have him.
I obviously hadn't seen enough of Zlatan then because i expected that typical quality on the ball that all world class strikers have.

I do find it hard to criticise him when he's getting the numbers he is. He just frustrates me with some of the things he messes up.

Member 55725

The proportion of negative comments on this thread compared to Zlatan's performances of late has been bizarre but tonight takes the biscuit. He's scored a fecking hattrick and in doing so has netted his 23rd goal of the season.

I know a lot of spoiled fans here don't like him and would rather have some form of messi/pele/superman hybrid striker instead but at the very least could you just hold back your bullshit criticism for a game where he doesn't score a fecking hattrick.

Apologies for the rant. Just can't get my head around that mindset

pocco

loco
Ronaldo went from talented boy with no enough end product to emerging as the superstar goalscoring winger of World football.

Saha was alright, but his goals tallys were pretty wank, luckily Rooney & Ronaldo absolutely smashed it. Ronaldo's improvement was obvious year on year.
They were our goalscorers though. If you put Zlatan in that team, for example, where he wants everything to centre around him, i don't think we'd have been half as entertaining. I also doubt that Ronaldo and Rooney would have been as effective but Zlatan would have probably scored a bucketload.

RedMaestro

Well, I guess it depends. If Chicharito had an otherwise quiet game but used great movement to get the goals then I'd say he had a great game.

Zlatan however wasn't quiet, and for all the wrong reasons. He dropped deep way too often and cocked up a fair few times, and then his goals consisted off a flukey free kick, an absolute sitter which involved no real movement and a pen (a very decent pen mind). Those saying him getting a hat trick means by default he can't have had a bad game, well then surely to score three goals he had a world class game, yet they will never say that because they know the truth really. Cognitive dissonance.
You are aware of why he drops deep? He also had a couple of good "moves" of which one was where "challenged" the opponent and passed inwards but like most of his potential assists, no one was there to be able to score. And scoring a "sitter" is generally done by reading the game and creating a good position for yourself - if he did not have any movement, wouldn't that make it easier for the defenders to actually defend against him? Scoring penalties isn't as easy as some may think, but this is one of his strongest areas. Agree about the lucky free kick.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
They were our goalscorers though. If you put Zlatan in that team, for example, where he wants everything to centre around him, i don't think we'd have been half as entertaining. I also doubt that Ronaldo and Rooney would have been as effective but Zlatan would have probably scored a bucketload.
The amount of times Zlatan comes deep and Mata gets in behind. Ronaldo would have scored bucket loads, especially with Pogba finding him.

Status
Not open for further replies.