6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminous Lizard

He's definitely a team player. Trouble is, he has no goal scoring support and has been carrying the team all year spare a goal here and there from Mata and Mkhi.
I agree the team needs to take some of the goalscoring burden onto themselves, it was just frustrating to watch him try and do it on his own when he had good options available.

Born2Lose

He needs to be a lot less selfish, it would benefit the team enormously.

That he's top scorer here, there and everywhere but has never won the CL says a lot I think.

RedMaestro

I thought he played well actually. :confused:

Selfish, yeah. Hit the woodwork twice and kept the ball moving in the first half especially
Agree with. He just had a "bad" 15 minutes or so in the start and was a bit frustrated at times during the game. Other than that he played really well, with good intentions in the match. Not his best game, but certainly not his worst, not even close. 41 appearances and having 35 (goals+assists) - a really good figure. Hopefully this rest will do him some good and he'll be great these last games of the season.

I at least hope that he'll stay for 1 more year, even 2 if he can do what he's done this season the next one. Do some people not want him because of his age or what's the reason? Other than that I can't see what makes Lukaku better than Ibra. Add to this, the enormous fee, I'd rather have Mourinho invest in someone else this summer - maybe Dybala - he'd hopefully be able to help Ibrahimovic with both goals and assists.

Fracture90

You're not really adding anything vaguely substantial here.
It's just shocking that you're actually trying to explain how it was an deliberate assist.

He had identical fail against some other team, can't really remember which game was it in.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It's just shocking that you're actually trying to explain how it was an deliberate assist.

He had identical fail against some other team, can't really remember which game was it in.
Its actually shocking that you think it was anything other than intentional.

He clearly didn't go for goal and knew where Mata was as they both entered the box in central and left positions, knowing where the other was. Ibra even glanced over at him as he entered the box.

Fracture90

He clearly didn't go for goal and knew where Mata was as they both entered the box in central and left positions, knowing where the other was. Ibra even glanced over at him as he entered the box.

Are you being serious or you're trolling?

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
Pretty typical Zlatan performance ... got himself into position to score a hatrick and ended up with a match-winning helper instead ... inadvertent or otherwise.
That's just the kind of player he is ... end of!

And yes we DO need at least one more top notch goal scorer!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Pretty typical Zlatan performance ... got himself into position to score a hatrick and ended up with a match-winning helper instead ... inadvertent or otherwise.
That's just the kind of player he is ... end of!

And yes we DO need at least one more top notch goal scorer!
Agreed - its obvious we become too one dimensional when we rely solely on him. Martial and Rashford haven't been productive and Mkhi and Mata are not contributing enough goals to offset Zlatan's 26.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Absolutely obvious it was deliberate, both in real-time & on the replay.

Fracture90

Are you on a WUM ? I'm being completely serious.
You're being ridiculous dude. No way in hell was his intention to assist, especially after he was so selfish entire game.

Few weeks ago he was in a completely identical chance, he miss-hit the backheel and it ended up being an assist.

Comical.

Dobbs

I didn't think your pro Zlatan bias could go any further but you've peaked here.

It's a typical finish from a striker when the ball is slightly behind him. He just didn't quite connect properly. Luckily for us Mata was there.

You don't have to defend absolutely everything about him Raoul.

Zoo

I'm not going to criticise him tonight for being selfish at times. It was such a chore for the team as a whole that I can't blame him for trying to get the breakthrough on his own.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I didn't think your pro Zlatan bias could go any further but you've peaked here.

It's a typical finish from a striker when the ball is slightly behind him. He just didn't quite connect properly. Luckily for us Mata was there.

You don't have to defend absolutely everything about him Raoul.
I don't have a pro-Zlatan bias. I just call it as I see it within the context of supporting the players. As for the assist, it was as intentional as it gets. Who else do you think he was passing to if not Mata ?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It wasn't intentional :lol:

I don't care though. A goal is a goal and an assist is an assist. Thought he actually did fine today.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You're being ridiculous dude. No way in hell was his intention to assist, especially after he was so selfish entire game.

Few weeks ago he was in a completely identical chance, he miss-hit the backheel and it ended up being an assist.

Comical.
Sounds like you're marinating in your own Zlatan hate. It was clearly intentional. Its not even vaguely debatable.

mu4c_20le

I don't know how some of you can feel so strongly about it.. I'm still unsure either way after watching replay. If it was a pass, then it's a risky one because Mata was behind the defender. The right thing to do was to try to deflect it into the far corner before the keeper can react.

Fracture90

Sounds like you're marinating in your own Zlatan hate. It was clearly intentional. Its not even vaguely debatable.
You can paint it any way you like but dude you're actually trying to persuade people that it was an intentional assist.

No further comment required tbh.

MadMike

He was quite selfish tonight at times and missed a very good free header. The assist is debatable as to whether it was intentional or not.

I personally don't think he had a good game tonight. Not by his standards, for sure.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You can paint it any way you like but dude you're actually trying to persuade people that it was an intentional assist.

No further comment required tbh.
Of course it was intentional. Who else would he be passing it to if not Mata, who he already knew was lurking at the far post. Watch it again

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
I don't know how some of you can feel so strongly about it.. I'm still unsure either way after watching replay. If it was a pass, then it's a risky one because Mata was behind the defender. The right thing to do was to try to deflect it into the far corner before the keeper can react.
He tried to score, without question. The fact he tried something extremely exuberant says he tried to score.

Dobbs

I don't have a pro-Zlatan bias. I just call it as I see it within the context of supporting the players. As for the assist, it was as intentional as it gets. Who else do you think he was passing to if not Mata ?
Raoul...come on.

He's not passing to anyone, he's trying to score and rightly so.

Fracture90

Of course it was intentional. Who else would he be passing it to if not Mata, who he already knew was lurking at the far post. Watch it again
So after being selfish as a fek for entirely of the game he somehow decided to make a backheel pass to Mata? :lol:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Raoul...come on.

We can agree to disagree. I didn't remotely think he was going for goal. His body wasn't positioned for it, but it was positioned to flick it to the next player.

RedMaestro

Raoul...come on.

Does it really matter? Pass or shot, it was beautiful. Can't we just be glad that Ibrahimovic plays for Manchester United?

Eddy_JukeZ

I could see it being intentional and unintentional.

I don't think it's straightforward either way.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Does he actually have the most assists for us this season?
Him and Rooney have the most if I remember correctly.

It worked out well when we done the same thing with Ruud. Problem with some of you is you're too narrow minded and can't see the bigger picture. .
Spoken like a true internet boss. What that crystal ball of yours tells you more about the future ?

Fracture90

Even if he was completely selfish in other situations that doesn't prove he was going for goal here. Watch it again.
Rewind to 3:01 guess that was intentional too only he didn't wanna touch it so that Martial can get an assist.

Dobbs

Does it really matter? Pass or shot, it was beautiful. Can't we just be glad that Ibrahimovic plays for Manchester United?
Agree it doesn't matter at all. Pretty sure we can debate the intention of a flick and still be glad he's here.

Status
Not open for further replies.