Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakeUnBake

So, Aguero eh? Great Arsenal player
Supports
Ajax
I'm not worried about Zlatan, happy to have him as our leading striker.

Devil81

Zlatan has done perfectly fine, in fact I think he's finally settling into English football.

I expect the goals to come.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So you're 100 percent satisfied with Zlatan's performance?
Absolutely. He's walked into the Prem and done exactly what I expected him to. 4 goals in 6 Prem appearances 5 in 9 and he's only getting started. I reckon he will wind up with 20-25 in the league and close to 30 in all comps.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Absolutely. He's walked into the Prem and done exactly what I expected him to. 4 goals in 6 Prem appearances 5 in 9 and he's only getting started. I reckon he will wind up with 20-25 in the league and close to 30 in all comps.
Well I just think he could have gotten some more goals. He has been good but I expect a bit better and a part of me has no doubt he'll be performing much better in the coming months.

RedPnutz

So you're 100 percent satisfied with Zlatan's performance?
Why are fans these days so easily dissatisfied? Players aren't computer programs. There is always human error and luck always plays a big part.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Loved how he took out Huth following Huth's foul on Pogba.
Loved that. Then stood over him glaring, like a warning. The kind of stuff Keane used to do.
I loved that, too. Even after taking out Huth once, he did it again when Pogba crossed the ball to him and he just barged into Huth's back flattening him. It's nice to have a player again who'll show we, as a team, won't take being bullied lying down.

Well I just think he could have gotten some more goals. He has been good but I expect a bit better and a part of me has no doubt he'll be performing much better in the coming months.
He's struggled a bit with the pace in general play but I really don't think he could have done much more in actual goalscoring. We've been pretty hit and miss in chance creation and he's plucked plenty of his opportunities out of thin air. No other striker could have scored that City goal.

Beej

I'm sorry but RvP even at his best missed an awful number of sitters.
All strikers miss chances, but there were two seasons there, one for Arsenal and one for us, where he was unplayable. Ibra has been at the top for much longer.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
All strikers miss chances, but there were two seasons there, one for Arsenal and one for us, where he was unplayable. Ibra has been at the top for much longer.
Do you remember the game against Real away and some of the misses RVP had?

Then there was the month stretch when he was out of form.Even the best miss.Anything else is revisionism.

Bwuk

Glad he's starting tonight. Could do with him getting amongst the goals again.

jojose

A couple of his goals came from what was, basically, his first and only real chance in games (Leicester and Southampton). How is it Zlatan's fault that we can't create chances for him to finish? What do people want from a striker? The stats that @Downcast posted should be enough in itself to shut people on here up for at least half a season. He's a new player playing in what is still a dysfunctional team. Anything to pardon Sir Wayne I guess.
You do realise that post was in response to another and I was being sarcastic. The idea Zlatan has been poor is just rediculous

Treble

The much maligned Cavani is already on 9 goals. That is, it is much easier to score for PSG than for United. 25 goals in all compets would be a great return for Zlatan this season.

Treble

But have you seen the chances he's passing up?
This is completely irrelevant to my point though. Which is that it is much easier to score for PSG than for an EPL club. People should adjust their expectations about Zlatan because his 50+ goals last season were scored in completely different circumstances. Cavani is well on the way to 40+ goals despite all the misses.

VanGaalEra

I haven't seen any evidence of this. If anything, he has scored 3 goals that most good strikers would never have converted.
The one against City may have appeared as a sitter but it wasn't, the pass from Jesse was behind him so all Zlatan could do was try and turn it towards the goal. Didn't have the opportunity to put any power on it.

The only sitter I can recall is the one against Watford from about 6 yards out and he hit the side netting with it.

Handré1990

You do realise that post was in response to another and I was being sarcastic. The idea Zlatan has been poor is just rediculous
Well, yeah, I was trying to back up your point, apologies if that was unclear. I find it pointless to discuss these things with people who so clearly have a biased opinion on Zlatan, which they most likely had before he arrived. I totally agree with @Raoul that I wouldn't have expected any better from him, as he's new to the team and the league, and came from a team where he probably got an average of 3-4 clear cut chances every game handed to him. Zlatan is class, and the only new transfer I think has started better than him the last maybe 5-6 years is RVP, and he had a team behind him that was set up to utilise his finishing to the max.

SirScholes

The one against City may have appeared as a sitter but it wasn't, the pass from Jesse was behind him so all Zlatan could do was try and turn it towards the goal. Didn't have the opportunity to put any power on it.

The only sitter I can recall is the one against Watford from about 6 yards out and he hit the side netting with it.
Sorry but city was a sitter he got a full swing at it, he also didn't need to snatch at it

Handré1990

Sorry but city was a sitter he got a full swing at it, he also didn't need to snatch at it
I agree wrt to that particular chance, but it's still far from "missed too many sitters".. One (1!) big miss in 9 games or so. If anything I feel we haven't been able to create enough for Zlatan up to the Leicester game, and even then the biggest chance, the volley from a Pogba pass, was technically very difficult to execute.

Brightonian

This is completely irrelevant to my point though. Which is that it is much easier to score for PSG than for an EPL club. People should adjust their expectations about Zlatan because his 50+ goals last season were scored in completely different circumstances. Cavani is well on the way to 40+ goals despite all the misses.
Oh I see. Yep, fair enough.

SirScholes

I agree wrt to that particular chance, but it's still far from "missed too many sitters".. One (1!) big miss in 9 games or so. If anything I feel we haven't been able to create enough for Zlatan up to the Leicester game, and even then the biggest chance, the volley from a Pogba pass, was technically very difficult to execute.
No I know, I think people need to remember he's been in a Mickey Mouse league for a few years and he doesn't have as much time on the ball here.
Sometimes I do wish he'd release the ball a bit quicker, sometimes he looks like he is always looking for the show pony trick.
The ball to rashford against Leicester was class, instinctive and put him on goal, other times when he is dribbling towards the box with defenders backing off he ignores the runners till he ends up running out of room and plays it backwards

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He is still new at the club and in the league. He isn't playing near his best yet which is excellent for us. He will continue to improve with more games, and especially more game time with his new team mates. Most prolific season in France was his last.
I'm very happy so far with this signing tbh, just hope he can still keep this up next season for the UCL which we hopefully will be playing in.

Handré1990

No I know, I think people need to remember he's been in a Mickey Mouse league for a few years and he doesn't have as much time on the ball here.
Sometimes I do wish he'd release the ball a bit quicker, sometimes he looks like he is always looking for the show pony trick.
The ball to rashford against Leicester was class, instinctive and put him on goal, other times when he is dribbling towards the box with defenders backing off he ignores the runners till he ends up running out of room and plays it backwards
Yeah, there's always room for improvement, however I would not agree with your last statement. Maybe one situation like that I can remember, most times the players making those runs are either not committing 100% in their runs, so making it difficult to know when to release, or chosing the wrong routes. Rooney in particular has been guilty of the former, at times looking like he doesn't believe he will make it, while some of the youngsters have done more of the former which you can forgive since they're youngsters.

SirScholes

Yeah, there's always room for improvement, however I would not agree with your last statement. Maybe one situation like that I can remember, most times the players making those runs are either not committing 100% in their runs, so making it difficult to know when to release, or chosing the wrong routes. Rooney in particular has been guilty of the former, at times looking like he doesn't believe he will make it, while some of the youngsters have done more of the former which you can forgive since they're youngsters.
Maybe they'd commit more if the thought the ball would be released I've seen it in every game he has played.
He has the talent to produce the spectacular so I let it go but he ends up doing neither which gets a bit frustrating.
But again he will need time adapting

SirScholes

He really didn't, if he got a full swing at it, it would have moved at faster than 2mph.
If he got a proper connection on it then yes but he snatched at it, minor criticism mind you but you can't call yourself a God and not consider that a golden opportunity

JoaquinJoaquin

The much maligned Cavani is already on 9 goals. That is, it is much easier to score for PSG than for United. 25 goals in all compets would be a great return for Zlatan this season.
I'm expecting around 20 and i'd be happy with that as long as Rashford keeps scoring and others chip in.

Djemba-Djemba

Did well to react for the goal, everyone seemed to freeze after Rooney fluffed his shot.

So far I've been impressed with him, he's either playing well or scoring goals even if he's quiet.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
He's passed it. Really congests the space in the final third and his link up play is now poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.