Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I can't believe some of the comments in this thread. But I'm not surprised after being a regular reader of this site since 2001.

The United

In the mid term, Martial & Rashford could take the lead.

Griezmann would be a wonderful acquisition but does he really want to leave Madrid? If the answer is yes, would he prefer United? And at what price?

Sure, we need an offensive player able to play on the right.

So pardon me for only being interested in the season 16/17.
Well, you should. Because even if Zaltan becomes super successful with us for a year or so, we still need to fix the squad long term. Whether he is good or shit for us, it won't matter at all for us or him coz he will be leaving soon enough.

Or maybe not, since it says you support PSG.

Griezmann might not come but it is coaching and scouting staff's job to find suitable (other) players and bring them in to make sure the squad is strengthened for more than a year. I could give some Bs names and say they will fix the squad. It would not matter. Griezmann is just a name popping in my head atm. Jose and his people know better and more.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@The United

Well, you should know the key to success is the process :D

I mean the key is 'what the players are doing in their sub-conscious'.

Fergies Formula

This is all just speculation though isnt it. There isn't any concrete evidence between us and him unfortunately - just that he gets on with our manager so the press are jumping to conclusions. Zlatan himself said the world will be shocked by his decision. I am sure he could just as easily choose Milan, Madrid, Juve, Bayern over us.

murphs_law

So now you pull more things out of your ass then?

Like you know for sure he will do that in new league and club while pointing the league stats out. Ronaldo might score 80 goals there. Just saying. Also, we need hardworking and talented players who will do what the manger wants. Cockyness is not something we need more or lack of. We are united for feck sake.

And, next season should be better than the last 3 mainly because we have a better manager now. It should be a given.
Wow... You claim people pull info out there ass.... Where is your argument?

Nothing in this world is for sure. All our players could get hit by a bus crossing the road and not return for preseason. Unlikely i know but who's to say that wont happen "FOR SURE". You cant, nobody can. So where is your eveidance to say they wont?

We can only go on past record, which i did and put forward and the most likely arguement. Coupled with the fragile confidence in the squad and lack of real leadership i put forward the benefits his big ego will bring and fill a gaping hole left by evra rio and rvp. Your retort was, he could be hit by a bus. Because nobody can say for sure.

Well at least you showed some courage of some opinion, its good to know you thank LVG for any of our players doing well last season and not the players themselves. That is good to know. A real insight.

GiddyUp

What I meant was, he is the 35th year of his life! :nervous:
Ahhh, that moment in life when we go from 34 to 35 in the same year and lose everything we have learned and our bodies wither and die. I have food in my fridge that will still be there when he turns a soul destroying drooling shit you're pants 35 and I will still stick it between two slices and gobble it down with relish.
If a pampered millionaire at the top of his game can't outlast the consumption of my questionable sandwich then I give up on my generation.

The United

Wow... You claim people pull info out there ass.... Where is your argument?

Nothing in this world is for sure. All our players could get hit by a bus crossing the road and not return for preseason. Unlikely i know but who's to say that wont happen "FOR SURE". You cant, nobody can. So where is your eveidance to say they wont?

We can only go on past record, which i did and put forward and the most likely arguement. Coupled with the fragile confidence in the squad and lack of real leadership i put forward the benefits his big ego will bring and fill a gaping hole left by evra rio and rvp. Your retort was, he could be hit by a bus. Because nobody can say for sure.

Well at least you showed some courage of some opinion, its good to know you thank LVG for any of our players doing well last season and not the players themselves. That is good to know. A real insight.
What?!

RedStarUnited

Why do people assume that he will have Cantona esque influence?! Based on what? Because he can act like a cnut sometimes in media? Have you heard about that kind of influence of his happen in any of his oh so many clubs before? he is 35 ffs. What is his history and reputation? None of them actually says anything about any kind of influence over young players let alone Cantona's kind of influence.

It is freaking odd to me that people seem to pull that thing out of their ass as soon as they think he is going to sign for us. It is like justifying their inner muppet singing with that shit because they know the guy is coming to the end with his career. So gotta make some shit up.

Speaking all of it, it would be fantastic IF he has that influence at our club. Well if he signs for us, of course.
His attitude, much like Jose's, demands that he has to be a winner. He basically couldn't be 'Ibra the cnut' if he wasn't winning things. Its that attitude that people are expecting to be transferred to over to us. The last time he didn't celebrate a league title was in 2003, He has had a title to celebrate for 13 years in a row! There is no better serial winner of leagues out there than him.

The United

His attitude, much like Jose's, demands that he has to be a winner. He basically couldn't be 'Ibra the cnut' if he wasn't winning things. Its that attitude that people are expecting to be transferred to over to us. The last time he didn't celebrate a league title was in 2003, He has had a title to celebrate for 13 years in a row! There is no better serial winner of leagues out there than him.
Like I said before, that kind of winning mentality should be in every managers and players we sign. It is a given. We are Man United. I can't say it enough. It is not like we have that kind of manager or player for the first time in our club's history.

Influences like Cantona's or Robo's or keano's came/come from more than that. Almost all United players in at least past 20 years or so can be put in a category of being "a winner or having a winning mentality/attitude".

And, there is no better serial winner of leagues out there than him? And it will benefit us because we have no winners at united who has no idea how to win shit? You must be joking. Talking about being desperate. Am I on Liverpool's forum or something?

RedStarUnited

Like I said before, that kind of winning mentality should be in every managers and players we sign. It is a given. We are Man United. I can't say it enough. It is not like we have that kind of manager or player for the first time in our club's history.

Influences like Cantona's or Robo's or keano's came/come from more than that. Almost all United players in at least past 20 years or so can be put in a category of being "a winner or having a winning mentality".

And, there is no better serial winner of leagues out there than him? And it will benefit us because we have no winners at united who has no idea how to win shit? You must be joking. Talking about being desperate. Am I on Liverpool's forum or something?
Have I missed someone in the squad that has won a league title in each of the last 13 years?

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If it's that easy to score in this mickey mouse league then why did no one else get close to him?
It's not just the competition itself, it's the competition in relation to PSG. He was the starting striker for the team that was by far the strongest in its league. Aside of that, how many French teams fared well in international competitions outside of PSG?

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think you need to realise what year it is. The likes of Depay are on £100k and have done jack shit compared to Ibrahimovic
Depay is much younger than Ibrahimovic and was coveted by several top clubs in Europe. Young prospects always tend to get overpaid in the hopes of becoming something special.
Rooney is on a 300k per week deal, yet is hardly worth it. Just because there are plenty of bad deals out there doesn't mean one has to follow suit with more bad deals.

Ultimately I can only repeat myself: Since it's just one year, it doesn't bother me, especially since we don't have to pay any fee to acquire him.

The United

Have I missed someone in the squad that has won a league title in each of the last 13 years?
Point is we are united. It is surrounded by all the winners on and off pitch.

Zaltan having winning mentality or attitude is nothing new to us and there is nothing he can offer to us that anyone can't here. Oh did he win a CL? How many CL finals he has been there etc? He has won EPL titles you know the one we are going for? He has experienced with the runs in? How United usually win like in last mins goals or win things the hard way? If anything, he will have new experiences and will be shown by our players/staff. We are not going to try to win french or italian league titles here. He is going to have to learn our way.

Winning titles in different leagues does not strengthen his reputation as having influence on younger players since he would feck off fast enough. If anything, it is opposite. And how many young players who become successful in those teams talk about him having that influence on them if any? or clubs?

Therefore, welcoming him and expecting him to do good with us is fine. I do the same. But overhyping him with that kind made up bs is laughable at best whenever someone brings up some decent arguments about him maybe not the right player for us at this stage.

And, he might not even come to us.

Last edited:

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Depay is much younger than Ibrahimovic and was coveted by several top clubs in Europe. Young prospects always tend to get overpaid in the hopes of becoming something special.
Rooney is on a 300k per week deal, yet is hardly worth it. Just because there are plenty of bad deals out there doesn't mean one has to follow suit with more bad deals.

Ultimately I can only repeat myself: Since it's just one year, it doesn't bother me, especially since we don't have to pay any fee to acquire him.
How much do you think Ibra should get for his United contract?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Reading Twigg's comments the past few pages has genuinely wound me up. He has to be taking the piss. :lol:
Not so sure myself
He likes the attention of being controversial. It encourages debate I guess so I don't mind it

It's obvious he is just wumming as he never responds when you prove something against the point he is making. He just moves on and makes up another stupid point

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He likes the attention of being controversial. It encourages debate I guess so I don't mind it

It's obvious he is just wumming as he never responds when you prove something against the point he is making. He just moves on and makes up another stupid point
I'd go with half and half though, he definitely didn't want Mourinho here and probably doesn't want Ibra, so he's half taking the piss half dreading the prospect at both of them being at our club.

Couldn't give a shite either way though

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I'd go with half and half though, he definitely didn't want Mourinho here and probably doesn't want Ibra, so he's half taking the piss half dreading the prospect at both of them being at our club.

Couldn't give a shite either way though
No he is just a big wum. For example he made this post when someone complained about us not signing Dybala in 2015
There is nothing more annoying than people complaining about stuff that hasn't happened yet
But now he does nothing but moan when people are feeling positive about Ibrahimovic (50 goals and 16 assists in 51 games for PSG, 34 goals in last 35 games for Sweden) and makes predictions about him failing in the PL while only scoring 5 goals

Without checking I really doubt he was like this when we signed Fellaini under Moyes

stevoc

Mate it doesn't take 5 years to work out Tevez likes to put his hand on you.
I never actually said it would take 5 years. You and i have no idea how long it took Ferdinand to pick up on this particular tendency of Tevez's game so let's not make bold statements like it would only take a few training sessions when we actually have no idea.

If you can't pick up on that after he's repeatedly done it over a few training sessions you're not much of a footballer.
How do you know? How can we possibly know how long it would take any particular footballer to pick up on aspects of an opponents game and how they can use that to their advantage?

Also nulify? I remember Tevez doing quite well against. With Ferdinand in the team. I remember him actually beating Ferdinand to a cross to score against us.
Well the example i posted was about a game from 2011 where Smalling had Tevez in his back pocket. So yeah he took Ferdinands advice and used it to nullify Tevez. How Ferdinand fared against Tevez when he was the wrong side of 30 and Tevez was in his prime is a moot point really to what we are discussing.

There's never any use comparing a regular job to football. Our jobs don't rely on innate talent and instinct.
There are many regular jobs that require varying levels of skill, but thats irrelevant because again you seem to be missing the point. Skill cannot be passed on and thats not we are discussing here (or at least i'm not) but knowledge can be. And yes that can be passed on in everyday jobs also. Why are we even debating the fecking obvious here mate.

Again skill/talent and knowledge/experience are two different things.

This conversation has went on way too long, and we're off topic so lets just leave it there shall we and agree we see things differently, as i suspect we will only keep going round in circles here.

Last edited:

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
This thread is a bit of a trainwreck isn't it?

Can't wait for silly season to finish and the new season to start.

stevoc

He didn't mention Rio letting him use his experience. You can learn from people but can't lay claim to their experience, it's personal.
Smalling specifically states in the article that Rio advised him on how to deal with Tevez. Rio didn't 'let him use his experience' he passed on some insight to Smalling about Tevez that he knew from his own experience in playing Tevez in the past.

A persons experience is the sum of knowledge they have observed or discovered for themselves and even things they been taught by others.

If you don't think that is an example someone passing knowledge gained from experience onto another then fair enough, thats your opinion.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This thread is a bit of a trainwreck isn't it?

Can't wait for silly season to finish and the new season to start.
Silly season hasn't even begun. This transfer looks to be moving in a good direction. After the Euros the Caf will settle on a stand out player from the tournament and there will be a mega-thread running on 1 Indykalia tweet every 10 days.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Smalling specifically states in the article that Rio advised him on how to deal with Tevez. Rio didn't 'let him use his experience' he passed on some insight to Smalling about Tevez that he knew from his own experience in playing Tevez in the past.

A persons experience is the sum of knowledge they have observed or discovered for themselves and even things they been taught by others.

If you don't think that is an example someone passing knowledge gained from experience onto another then fair enough, thats your opinion.
Yep.. You are right, this is gone on for too long...
Are you watching the COPA?

jem

Don't think he won it in his last season with A.C. Milan (could be mistaken; just remember having an Italian friend who is a big Milan fan raging at the injustice of Rubentus
'stealing' another title - the Muntari disallowed goal was often cited.)

Rednotdead

So the big announcement is tomorrow - or should I say the anti-climax of the Summer is tomorrow. I think most people already have it as a given and are more interested in who else we're signing.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Anyone know how PSG fans/forums are feeling about him?
PSG fans as a whole love him and most wanted him to extend at the end of the season.

The overall vibe is positive although some of the fans wanted him gone at some points. There's still the lingering feeling that he's not the one to carry you far in Champions League.

All the focus on PSG forums is on getting Blanc out ASAP. Zlatan isn't our preoccupation anymore.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We have finished ahead of you for 3 straight years, mate.
Perfectly encapsulates the small time mentality of Arsenal fans. Gloating about finish ahead of United and Spurs(in other thread) instead of focusing on the failure to progress in CL or failing to win the league. Wenger has really done wonders there, lowering the expectations to such extent that the only thing left to gloat is to finish ahead of your rivals instead of winning something. Fair play.

POF

No..
I careless whether the youngster become mainstay in the team. To sign a player as a stop gap is not progressive thinking for a club wanting sustained long term success.
What happens when Zlatan moves on and Rashford or Martial can't step up to the desired level? Do we go thru a period of being patient with them or bring Defoe out of retirement? Do we go after someone like Embolo who is around the same age but with more experience?
I'd rather an Aubameyang type and say to the lads dislodge him if you can. Not this lets reduce them to understudy and in a year or 2, we'll see how they've come on.
I don't have reservations on what Zlatan is capable of just don't like the scenario.
Fair enough. You're just not a fan of short term signings? I agree to a point but this one is different. I never wanted United to sign Ibra under Fergie (obviously under LVG the chances were nil) but this one just fits.

For a new manager, bringing in a focal point of the attack that he has worked with extremely successfully before is ideal. Ibra is a much lower risk than Aubayemang and Higuain is crap. United needs a successful season and a top class striker with a manager who knows how to get the best out of him is ideal.

With the club out of the Champions League it will not be easy to sign top class talent in an area where the club is desperately lacking. Getting one for free is an absolute godsend. He will also help raise the club's mentality. It's been sad watching the club turn into a lower quality version of Arsenal.

Like any new signing there are no guarantees that he will be successful but this deal has huge potential upside.

RedDevil@84

Some big announcement on Tuesday. Is he also coming up with his new innerwear collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.