Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

simmee

You're shitting me right? I'd take Higuain maybe. But you'd take Milik/Ighalo/Gameiro over Zlatan?
I love Zlatan, still can't quite comprehend that I'm most likely going to see him in a United kit. I suggest reading the whole post in the future, btw.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Once you see our lineup on paper with the name "Ibrahimovic" leading the line you will get butterflies in your stomach!

Honestly this is the perfect signing. We need a proper star player and he's old enough not to stall the development of our other attacking players. We need an injection of success. No time to wait/test our other players. The closest you can get to gaurenteed goals is Ibrahimovic.
That's very true. Every signing is a gamble but Ibra is just a quality player. He's the kind you expect to flourish over a whole season in a good team. Hasn't he won the league everywhere he's been?

GiddyUp

So numbers 9 and 10 are taken, 18, 8, 11 and 27 being the other numbers he’s worn. So either Mata will be sold, Adnan will be sold or he’ll get another number. Guess 27 could work as well, as he had that in Malmö and United will probably be his last club. In which case Fellaini would have to be sold or he’d have to change his number, again.
We will not be able to comprehend the number The Zlatan takes with our primitive brains. It will be an equation that starts on the left sock, gets a bit spicy on the shoulders and then finishes on the right sock to enlighten us all. Or it could be 11 cause Adnan is shite.

GiddyUp

Lets not. Last time it resulted in this:

"Vardy
Lukaku
Higuain
Milik
Janssen
Ighalo
Gameiro
Slimani
Raffael (Borussia Monchengladbach)
Cavani

I'd rather take a risk on any of these 10 than Ibra - that is how little I think he will contribute to this team.

That list is only of player who I expect to be very attainable. Not to mention 2 option who would fit the bill perfectly - Kane and Aubumeyang. I know they will be almost impossible to get."

Unfortunately Vardy is not possible anymore though.
I would rather throw The Zlatans boxer shorts on the pitch
I'm not excited because he is a bit of a dick and I know he will annoy me greatly at times

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Bit of concern on here about his lack of pace, I think if the 3 attacking mids all have a bit of pace, Zlatan's strength at holding the ball up, intelligence and the way he can create things should mean he fits in. Hopefully.
That's it really. If he's surrounded by quick players and the tactics allow for some freedom and spontaneity in our attack he should fit in fine, providing he doesn't suddenly decline of course. Cantona's the archetype IMO as far as former Utd players go. He was never particularly fast himself, but he sure as feck didn't slow us down when he was playing the likes of Kanchelskis, Giggs and Sharpe through on goal.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Just got an alert from official Man Utd app that we will play our 3rd tour match(after 2 in China I presume) in Sweden!

Johan77

With the preseason game against Galatasaray in Gothenburg now planned also, the signs can not get bigger....

Philosophobic

Formerly known as united4eva
With the preseason game against Galatasaray in Gothenburg now planned also, the signs can not get bigger....
Yeah couldn't agree more, a friendly that is just so happened to be organised in the hometown of the bloke we have just signed, who so happens to be a LEGEND of that country. Surely this is all tied up now.

Johan77

Yeah couldn't agree more, a friendly that is just so happened to be organised in the hometown of the bloke we have just signed, who so happens to be a LEGEND of that country. Surely this is all tied up now.
Not actually his hometown, Malmö is. But nevertheless, it only takes 3 hours to drive to Gothenburg from Malmö.

gaz1185

Many are pointing out on Twitter that it does not seem legit... the PL badge on the number is the old one and has changed for this season.

Not that I believe it still, the kit that it's printed on isn't out yet. It's probably an AliExpress job.

ZupZup

Not that I believe it still, the kit that it's printed on isn't out yet. It's probably an AliExpress job.
Interesting. Maybe I stand corrected... still think it's fake but Zlatan is definitely coming anyway. Just a matter of time now before it's official.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
You can request any print you want in there you know? Plus squad numbers not confirmed for a good bit yet - so meh. Obviously he is coming, but this isn't confirmation
Not sure you can have any print you want. You 100% can't have Beckham or Cantona.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Not sure you can have any print you want. You 100% can't have Beckham or Cantona.
If they have the letters, you can fill out a request sheet. Who knows, maybe a swede came over and his name is Ibra? They won't deny you certain things - only if it is vulgar

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
The 'friendly in Sweden' announcement is confirmation enough for me. Who cares about megastores.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
He's posted a picture of the new logos on the sleeves, not that it isn't still bollocks, because it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.