Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SSSSnake

If we sign Mourinho and Ibrahimovic, I can see United playing like this:

Ibrahimovic
Martial ----- Rooney ----- New RW
Schneiderlin - Schweinsteiger
Rojo --- New CB -- Smalling --- Darmian
De Gea

We need a Pogba type in that midfield

SSSSnake

Would certainly add a lot of fire into our squad. We have too many pussies.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
So we'll replace Rooney who's 30y old with Ibrahimovic who's 34y old, what the f...?

I really like Ibra but this transfer is good 4,5 years late, he's still very good player, but not someone we need.

Martial is the solution for striker postion and searching for hungry, young players like him should be direction of the club, not buying overused and ageing stars.

Kaos

So we'll replace Rooney who's 30y old with Ibrahimovic who's 34y old, what the f...?

I really like Ibra but this transfer is good 4,5 years late, he's still very good player, but not someone we need.

Martial is the solution for striker postion and searching for hungry, young players like him should be direction of the club, not buying overused and ageing stars.
A 34 year old Ibra is more effective than a 30 year old Rooney.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
A 34 year old Ibra is more effective than a 30 year old Rooney.
He is, that's like most obvious thing ever, but what about some long term planing instead of shot term fixing which brough us exactly where we are now.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
He is, that's like most obvious thing ever, but what about some long term planing instead of shot term fixing which brough us exactly where we are now.
You need a mix of players of different age and experience. You can't have only 11 Martials. Players like Zlatan are extremely valuable.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Both are prima donnas who would expect to play week in week out. Also I cant think of strikers who came to the EPL at Ibra's age and did well. Falcao and Sheva comes into mind. Not to forget we need pace and neither Ibra nor Rooney are fast

In my opinion we should aim to get a player who can play on the flanks but is also comfortable upfront. Griezmann for example could do the trick. Meanwhile we can keep the forward line as it is or else sell Rooney and bring in Ibra.

Dion

And what if there isn't a long term fix available this window? Do we just ignore it again?

People seem to forget things like that, you can't buy players who aren't available. If it was a straight choice between Ibra and Dybala ofc we'd take the latter but he's not going to move any time soon is he?

devilish

And what if there isn't a long term fix available this window? Do we just ignore it again?

People seem to forget things like that, you can't buy players who aren't available. If it was a straight choice between Ibra and Dybala ofc we'd take the latter but he's not going to move any time soon is he?
I don't think we need a striker tbh. Just add wingers who aren't clueless and who can score goals and hire Mourinho and we will be fine.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Ibra still has it
Yep,but for how long? He'll be 35y this fall and would command massive wage, no matter how good he still is we're few years late with this transfer.

So give a chance up front to Martial and put Depay on the left, let them develop.

devilish

Yep,but for how long? He'll be 35y this fall and would command massive wage, no matter how good he still is we're few years late with this transfer.
I agree but don't compare him to Terry. That is silly

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
I agree that we are probably a few years late with this transfer.

But in reality it does not really matter whether Zlatan is 34, 35 or 36. He can play at the top level for two years at least. And that would do us a world of good. For free but on massive wages. I would take that in a heartbeat. It is Zlatan we are speaking about. :devil:

Dion

So give a chance up front to Martial and put Depay on the left, let them develop.
And Martial and Depay are going to be enough to win us the title alone, even in 2-3 years? We're going to need another striker anyway and I'd much rather have Ibra here to bridge that gap. Winning a title would be much better for Martial and Depay than having an extra 10 starts each in another season where we finish 6th.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
And Martial and Depay are going to be enough to win us the title alone, even in 2-3 years? We're going to need another striker anyway and I'd much rather have Ibra here to bridge that gap. Winning a title would be much better for Martial and Depay than having an extra 10 starts each in another season where we finish 6th.
And signing Ibra means we'll win title just like that? We bough Di Maria and Falcao in the same window and how that went exactly? I'm not against signing decisive players that will make a difference, but when that player is 34 (35 at the start of next season) then I would rather wait young players to develop than just fullfill someones dream of playing in PL.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Would love to see him him for a year or two. Get a left winger in hopefully Greizman and watch us light up the league.
Get both. They can both play 9 and 10 and Griezmann can fill in on the wings if needed.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Him and Jose would get bums on seats, that's for sure. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few more Zlatan stories leaked when it comes to renewal time.

Bojan11

If someone like Giroud who has little pace can score goals in the premier league then Zlatan will have a field day.

Dion

And signing Ibra means we'll win title just like that? We bough Di Maria and Falcao in the same window and how that went exactly? I'm not against signing decisive players that will make a difference, but when that player is 34 (35 at the start of next season) then I would rather wait young players to develop than just fullfill someones dream of playing in PL.
It gives us a hell of a lot better chance than dumping it all on Martial and Depay. Ibra would allow us to ditch Rooney so he's not clogging up the place and he'll be gone in a year which would be even better for Martial and Depay in the long run.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'd take him for a year or two, even at his age. Could have an RVP type effect, where he fades away quickly but does deliver for a while.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
It gives us a hell of a lot better chance than dumping it all on Martial and Depay. Ibra would allow us to ditch Rooney so he's not clogging up the place and he'll be gone in a year which would be even better for Martial and Depay in the long run.
And I though delusion is only reserved for Liverpool supporters. Where's not title contenders, not even close, and buying one overused striker won't change that overnight.

Dion

And I though delusion is only reserved for Liverpool supporters. Where's not title contenders, not even close, and buying one overused striker won't change that overnight.
And do you think having no good strikers would help or hinder our ability to get a top 4 place? I mean it's working out SO well this season.

And Ibra is significantly more than one over-used striker. Rooney is one over-used striker and he's still a match winner for us in the 5 games a season he plays well.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
And do you think having no good strikers would help or hinder our ability to get a top 4 place? I mean it's working out SO well this season.

And Ibra is significantly more than one over-used striker. Rooney is one over-used striker and he's still a match winner for us in the 5 games a season he plays well.
Martial is good enough to lead a line in a pursuit of a top 4 place, for something else we need players in other areas as well, not just new striker(s) and we need time for everyone to gel together, it won't happen overnight and just because Ibra could sign for us.

Dion

Martial is good enough to lead a line in a pursuit of a top 4 place, for something else we need players in other areas as well, not just new striker(s) and we need time for everyone to gel together, it won't happen overnight and just because Ibra could sign for us.
Martial is far from ready to lead the line for us, and asking a 21 year old to lead the line is negligent at best. Signing other players isn't banned once you sign one player, Ibra doesn't stop us doing other things. He's just a massive upgrade on Rooney (who we still rely far too much on) who will be easier to be rid of. There's literally no downside to it.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Martial is far from ready to lead the line for us, and asking a 21 year old to lead the line is negligent at best. Signing other players isn't banned once you sign one player, Ibra doesn't stop us doing other things. He's just a massive upgrade on Rooney (who we still rely far too much on) who will be easier to be rid of. There's literally no downside to it.
Rooney and Cristiano both had a burden of high expectations at the Martial age and it didn't do them any harm. As for Ibra, no downside? Really? Age, massive wage, no experience playing in PL at all, was watching him against Chelsea and he wasn't very mobile which isn't something you can tolerate in pacey league like this. He would be upgrade on Rooney but not a massive one, we're not retirement home for older players, although it seems we want to be one.

Dion

Rooney and Cristiano both had a burden of high expectations at the Martial age and it didn't do them any harm. As for Ibra, no downside? Really? Age, massive wage, no experience playing in PL at all, was watching him against Chelsea and he wasn't very mobile which isn't something you can tolerate in pacey league like this. He would be upgrade on Rooney but not a massive one, we're not retirement home for older players, although it seems we want to be one.
Ibra's wages would be no bigger than Rooney and would be on a far shorter contract. He's still easily as quick as Rooney and has scored more than double what Rooney has in the last 4 years. He is a massive upgrade.

We put faith in Ronaldo when he was ready, do you think we'd have done anywhere near as well if it had been Rooney and Nani? Or if we didn't have Saha and Larsson to take some of the burden in their first season post-Nistlerooy?

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Ibra's wages would be no bigger than Rooney and would be on a far shorter contract. He's still easily as quick as Rooney and has scored more than double what Rooney has in the last 4 years. He is a massive upgrade.

We put faith in Ronaldo when he was ready, do you think we'd have done anywhere near as well if it had been Rooney and Nani? Or if we didn't have Saha and Larsson to take some of the burden in their first season post-Nistlerooy?
He also plays in weaker league, much much better team, plays only stiker position and is better player, what's there to wonder about his goalscoring exploits?

Saha was bought as a starter, player who was entering his prime years while Larsson was brought on loan as a short term (10 matches like) solution.

Ibrahimović is neither in his prime years, not he'll expect to play some matches, really don't see any sense whatsoever in this possible transfer.

Dion

He also plays in weaker league, much much better team, plays only stiker position and is better player, what's there to wonder about his goalscoring exploits?

Saha was bought as a starter, player who was entering his prime years while Larsson was brought on loan as a short term (10 matches like) solution.

Ibrahimović is neither in his prime years, not he'll expect to play some matches, really don't see any sense whatsoever in this possible transfer.
And Tevez was brought in after. You can't go into a season with 1 striker, it's just beyond stupidity and into something else. Especially when it's likely his best position probably isn't as a lone striker.

And so you agree, Ibra is better. So why would it make sense to pay Rooney (who we know isn't good enough anymore) another 3 years worth of wages when we could have a better player for one year?

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
And Tevez was brought in after. You can't go into a season with 1 striker, it's just beyond stupidity and into something else. Especially when it's likely his best position probably isn't as a lone striker.

And so you agree, Ibra is better. So why would it make sense to pay Rooney (who we know isn't good enough anymore) another 3 years worth of wages when we could have a better player for one year?
Where did I say we should go into a season with 1 striker, it was you who first said if other options fail then what should we do when I responded with give Martial and Depay chance in that case. As for Rooney I've also said he should go with or without Ibra here next season.

IMO we should work our asses of to find someone young yet experienced enough (Griezmann mould) player which would, alongside with Martial, made that striker position solved for years to come. Ibra is good solution, but we should try to find a player(s) which we can build our team around, not someone who'll come and go without making any real progress.

Dion

Except we have no chance in hell of getting Griezmann or Dybala or any other player who would actually do that because we're not going to have Champions League football next season. We're never going to get that player if we don't recover some ground, a guaranteed 25 goals next season would do us the world of good on that front.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Why would Ibra leave PSG? PSG are one of the top 4 best teams in the World.
Why would PSG want Ibra to leave? Ibra is one of the best strikers on the planet and top scorer in the French league.

Am I missing something?

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Why would Ibra leave PSG? PSG are one of the top 4 best teams in the World.
Why would PSG want Ibra to leave? Ibra is one of the best strikers on the planet and top scorer in the French league.

Am I missing something?
A new challenge for Ibra. That league is a non-competition.

I think a season in the PL at United on big wages - IF we have Mourinho and can convince him many others are going to be joining - is appealing in his situation. Obviously, if he was 27 again he would laugh in our faces right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.