Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Aaron

Not sure how much an impact he'd have in this league at this age but purely from a selfish pov I'd love him here for a season. He's box office and It'd be awesome to see him strutting around in our shirt

RedRevongge

His goalscoring (albeit in Ligue Un) is still insane. He has scored goals at every club he has been at. He is coming on in age but I would still love to see Zlatan at the club. Imagine (an inform) Wayne Rooney playing off Zlatan with Martial reeking havoc from the left....

goin4glory

If Mourinho is our manager it'll be interesting to see if he fancies picking up Zlatan. They have a good relationship IIRC.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
No thanks. He's too old now, and with his ego he would want to start every game. We need more pace and directness up front not another slow striker.
Slow? Unless he's lost a lot of pace in the last 18 months (I've barely seen him in that time, so I guess it's possible), he's certainly not slow. He may not be an absolute speedster, but he's a hell of a lot faster than Rooney. Combine that with his size and power, and we'd finally have a striker who can terrorize defenders again. Then throw in his freakish skills...it would be interesting to say the least.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Goal and assist tonight. Front three of Martial - Zlatan - Mahrez :drool:

Eila

Couldn't he sign a contract with any team he wants by now? Wonder what he's going to do.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Couldn't he sign a contract with any team he wants by now? Wonder what he's going to do.
He could - perhaps he is waiting to see if psg make an offer at the end of the season?
Though I still have a gut feel he will go to bayern with anchelotti to try and finally get a cl medal (presuming psg don't win it this year)

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Guys, why would Zlatan come to MUFC? Be realistic.

In PSG, he is at one of the best clubs (on the pitch) right now, playing cavallier/champagne football (check out of PSG's team goals). He is also the top goal scorer in the French league.
It would make no logical sense for him to change clubs, unless he is forced out...which I can't see happening, as he is so damn good.
I can't think of 1 reason why he would leave PSG.

Mourinho will need to buy players from the 2nd tier (which excludes Neymar, Muller, Ibra, etc) and try and win the title with those. He has done this many times before, so this won't be a problem.
Once he gets MUFC back on the map, he can target top tier players.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
1. To work with Mourinho again.
2. To prove himself in England. Well maybe "prove" is not the appropriate word. Zlatan does not need to prove himself. Others need to prove themselves to Zlatan. I sense he his not the sort of player who would take an easy way out (e.g. in China or US).
3. Whatever is our shitness at the moment on the pitch the lure of Manchester United is still extremely huge.
4. We can pay a decent money to him. By decent I mean whatever he is having at PSG plus more.
5. He would like to score against Guardiola that is fore sure.
6. The list could go on and on...

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Guys, why would Zlatan come to MUFC? Be realistic.

In PSG, he is at one of the best clubs (on the pitch) right now, playing cavallier/champagne football (check out of PSG's team goals). He is also the top goal scorer in the French league.
It would make no logical sense for him to change clubs, unless he is forced out...which I can't see happening, as he is so damn good.

Mourinho will need to buy players from the 2nd tier (which excludes Neymar, Muller, Ibra, etc) and try and win the title with those. He has done this many times before, so this won't be a problem.
Once he gets MUFC back on the map, he can target top tier players.
It's not like that. I think you've got a distorted picture of how big Man United is in the world. We've got financial muscles to buy Messi if we like. If Mourinho would be here I think the odds of Ibra to join would be even better.

Playing at Old Trafford is one of the biggest things you can do as a footballer. I can promise you players like Neymar, Muller and Ibra would have shaky legs stepping in on the pitch. Just look at some of these quotes by Cristiano Ronaldo (one of the best players alive).

"People have to understand one thing: at the age of 18, I arrived at a dream club like Manchester United. It was a dream come true. But, even at that moment, I was thinking about playing in England for some years and then going to play in Spain. Even at that time I was thinking that way, and I always gave 100% everything."

"I am very happy to be signing for the best team in the world and especially proud to be the first Portuguese player to join United."

MJJ

It's not like that. I think you've got a distorted picture of how big Man United is in the world. We've got financial muscles to buy Messi if we like. If Mourinho would be here I think the odds of Ibra to join would be even better.

Playing at Old Trafford is one of the biggest things you can do as a footballer. I can promise you players like Neymar, Muller and Ibra would have shaky legs stepping in on the pitch. Just look at some of these quotes by Cristiano Ronaldo (one of the best players alive).

"People have to understand one thing: at the age of 18, I arrived at a dream club like Manchester United. It was a dream come true. But, even at that moment, I was thinking about playing in England for some years and then going to play in Spain. Even at that time I was thinking that way, and I always gave 100% everything."

"I am very happy to be signing for the best team in the world and especially proud to be the first Portuguese player to join United."

:lol: Not the best quote to prove your point.

Danny Boi

He won't come here if we don't have CL.He's not going to waste one of his last seasons playing in the Europa league.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He could - perhaps he is waiting to see if psg make an offer at the end of the season?
Though I still have a gut feel he will go to bayern with anchelotti to try and finally get a cl medal (presuming psg don't win it this year)
Didn't he get one at Barca?

Macern

Pee pee pants
Zlatan would definitely want to come here if we get Mou. Man United is massive in Sweden. It's the club Scandinavians dream of playing for, like South Americans dream of playing for Barca/Real Madrid.

Considering he's still one of the top 2-3 number 9's in the world, maybe only behind Suarez, he'd be a fantastic Van Persie-esque signing for us.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
1. To work with Mourinho again.
2. To prove himself in England. Well maybe "prove" is not the appropriate word. Zlatan does not need to prove himself. Others need to prove themselves to Zlatan. I sense he his not the sort of player who would take an easy way out (e.g. in China or US).
3. Whatever is our shitness at the moment on the pitch the lure of Manchester United is still extremely huge.
4. We can pay a decent money to him. By decent I mean whatever he is having at PSG plus more.
5. He would like to score against Guardiola that is fore sure.
6. The list could go on and on...
This. Of course it is a massively attractive proposition. Especially as they walk that joke of a league every season. New challenge.

With all the many, many positions we need to fill with too quality players, signing a guy with his reputation on a free (albeit with mega wages) would be a very wise move.

Devil may care

If LvG had to convince the board to sign 30 year old Schweinsteiger because of his age, it's going to be hard to convince them to sign 35 year old Ibra.

Utd7

Not happening without CL football. The champions league is the only trophy Zlatan has played for that he hasn't won.

Parry Gallister

If we could get him on a short term, two year type of deal without ridiculous wages i would love it. Would be unlikely though, at that age footballers tend to go for security.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The Chinese will be all over this

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Free though, short-term option whilst the likes of Martial and Wilson grow and they can provide cover for him when he needs resting.
They should provide cover to those lazy dicks in our club like Depay that will get a kung fu kick in the head if we're losing to Sunderland. Dont want Zlatan missing the season for GBH.

Bojan11

You guys do realise he's 34, don't you?

When you consider the number of people who are umming & ahhing over a 30 year old Ronaldo, this guy is 4 years older.
He's on a free. Big difference.

Ronaldo would cost a hefty fee. I'd take Ronaldo on a free obviously.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Hate him or love him but he'd defo bring some balls to the team, finally.

Can't see him coming to us though.

Status
Not open for further replies.