Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I'd love it if this guy joined us.
He has an amazing track record of winning titles and scoring goals in big numbers, for whichever team he plays. This guy is the closest thing to Cantona.
And lets not forget that right now, we have no passionate/combative players. This guy oozes passion. If refs give us bad decisions, they will have to bear the brunt of his vitriol. Check out the video on this page: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31875629
Spectacular goals, from all areas of the pitch - why not?

But the amount of unrest which he'd cause. He'll call out Rooney for sure. If Rooney sucks in any game, he'll lay into him, in front of all his team-mates in the dressing room. And if he gets dropped, so and out of form Rooney can play (which is the trend right now), he'll make comments in the media about Rooney being favoured, for non-footballing reasons.

Whichever way I look at it, he cannot play for us while LVG or Rooney are in the team.

Last edited:

Devil81

Rooney, Schweinsteiger, Carrick...

How many more over the hill players do we want.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Arsenal should pony up the dough in January. Then zlatan could boast titles in France Holland Italy Spain and England. Wow.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
PSG are flying high right now.
Why would he want to leave?

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's reportedly on €13.5M/y, a bit under £200k/w. He's still very good although he seems to have lost a bit of his agility and has a slightly harder time recovering from injuries.

It's probably his last year for PSG but he hasn't completely ruled out an extension. I don't see him joining EPL, he said it's too late for that but who knows.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
It'll be a shame if he doesn't play a season in the prem league, he's done it all elsewhere this is the final piece to his career. He can still do a job at a top team I'd ove woody to go all galactico again and sign him up for a year.

Annahnomoss

He's reportedly on €13.5M/y, a bit under £200k/w. He's still very good although he seems to have lost a bit of his agility and has a slightly harder time recovering from injuries.

It's probably his last year for PSG but he hasn't completely ruled out an extension. I don't see him joining EPL, he said it's too late for that but who knows.
Great to have someone who supports PSG here! Said the same thing last year in particular regarding Zlatan. Watching back his earlier PSG season and his last for Milan he was a lot more mobile. At the same time I think he has regained some form lately and had his second best return in a year for Sweden with 11 goals in 10 games.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Didn't he recently admit it himself that it was too late for him to move to the premier league?

InfiniteBoredom

He said in his bio that his body started declining after the 2011 Serie A win with Milan iirc. If that's the case, coupled with the fact that he's now 4 years older, I can't see how he can cope with the physicality and pace of the PL at all.

Plus, he hates LvG and vice versa. It's futile discussing the prospect. Even if it happens, it's going to end in tears.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Great to have someone who supports PSG here! Said the same thing last year in particular regarding Zlatan. Watching back his earlier PSG season and his last for Milan he was a lot more mobile. At the same time I think he has regained some form lately and had his second best return in a year for Sweden with 11 goals in 10 games.
I also thought this place needed more PSG fans!

His best season was probably 13/14 where he collected goals and assists at an incredible rate and added top notch playmaking performances to that, he was probably 3rd best in the world behind the untouchables that year.

He still has 9 goals and 4 assists in 8 Ligue 1 matches (nothing yet in CL) but PSG is much more dominating this season.

Oo0AahCantona

No brainer on a short term deal. lesson the strain on martial and add some much needed match winning quality.

Born2Lose

no thanks, he'd be better staying where he is I think. If Rooney is a flat track bully, then this guy is just the same in my opinion.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
It'll be a shame if he doesn't play a season in the prem league, he's done it all elsewhere this is the final piece to his career. He can still do a job at a top team I'd ove woody to go all galactico again and sign him up for a year.
No thanks, we should be building a team for the next five years at least. Zlatan at 35 isnt worth the excess baggage, and hos troubles with Van Gaal would just add fuel to the fire. The manager should have the final say on transfers, and I doubt LVG wants him.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Would easily take him for a 4 month loaner, ala Larsson. The goals would surely flow once again.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
With Guardiola gone there is no reason to let Zlatan go away. He will be hopefully Mourinho's first signing.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Get mourinho and bring in zlatan for a 1 year deal with the option to extend.

We can afford his wages, Zlatan will want to come if he has a last chance to work under Mourinho and get a sniff off the PL (the one competition he hasn't played in).

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I think he has a year or two left, if it was a short contract and wasn't assured a starting place, he would be a good option to have

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Get mourinho and bring in zlatan for a 1 year deal with the option to extend.

We can afford his wages, Zlatan will want to come if he has a last chance to work under Mourinho and get a sniff off the PL (the one competition he hasn't played in).
Would he sooner have a chance of winning the CL though?
PSG could be a option for that if they want to extend his deal, Anchelotti at Bayern (especially if lewandowski goes), Real for a season or two (he would certainly qualify as a galactico type signing) even Arsenal might be a more tempting option as he can play pl and cl football next season whilst the latter is certainly a doubt with ourselves
I can see him at Bayern personally as he worked well with Anchelotti at both AC and PSG - plus Bayern could do with another striker and especially if they cash in on lewandowski

Bwuk

Get him and Mourinho in. Zlatan will be motivated against a Pep side.

kps88

Too risky getting him in unless we get another striker too. Can't be depending on players past their peak for goals.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Ibra is a winner with unparalleled winners mentality. Just look at the wonders he did at Inter Milan for example. Yes he has an attitude problem and sees red myst more often than not, but isn't that what we need at the moment as opposed to pussies who are laughing and cracking jokes as we are conceding 3 goals at Stoke?

It's a risk, but a risk worth taking for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.