Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Last season was like a Candlemass song.

Oh Fergie please forgive us
Forgive us all our sins
Please bring your light
Again to lead our way
But my prayers are not answered
They fade out to die
And so does the last gleam of hope

The morning will come no more
Our dreams are all gone
Midnight has come to stay
Darkness has fallen in paradise
Almost an exact mirror in terms of tempo as well.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Zlatan Ibrahimovic to hold press conference tomorrow

PSG striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic will hold a press conference tomorrow in Stockholm as part of the pre-EURO 2016 Swedish training camp at 12:15 CET.

He will undoubtedly be asked about his future, but he is unlikely to give any indication as to where he will be next season.

This press conference is not out of the ordinary when Zlatan is with the Swedish national team and has nothing to do in itself with the player’s future.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Ancelotti today

“The last year they [United] showed they have really good young players. And maybe with Mourinho they could have a step forward.”

Ancelotti also backed the signing of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, a player he managed at PSG.

“I think he is not young but still fit,” Ancelotti says. “He has a real winning mentality. Maybe Manchester United need this kind of player with experience. They are all young.

“Ibrahimovic is a really, really unselfish player. He is one of the few talented players who doesn’t have to say on the pitch, ‘I want to score’. He was really helpful at PSG when he arrived there. There was not a winning mentality. He was able to build a strong mentality at the club by example. The fact that PSG is now one of the top teams is a reward for Ibrahimovic
http://www.football365.com/news/ancelotti-jose-good-wedding-but-lvg-did-okay

Devil may care

I don't buy that there isn't much between Mane and Lingard age wise and Mane is far better imo. Mane has the potential to be a very top player imo and even the threat of his blistering pace would help our attack tenfold.
Being a bit better than Lingard is not exactly a high bar and he isn't the top pro and hard worker Lingard is, on top of that his pace isn't worth much when aligned to average everything else, much like Theo Walcott.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Shame LvG's not still here. Would love to see him telling Zlatan to take a touch before shooting.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Guardian says he wants £220k a week. I thought it would be higher

Mr.Kaya

He has that CR7 confidence about him where he seems sure he can score from anywhere on the pitch.
Exactly. And don't you think it's quite handy to have a player like that in our team? Cause we don't really have many of those, do we? The thing about that too is that it can affect the players around him in a positive way knowing they have a player in front who can score from almost every angle there is on that pitch. Not only that, but he has the winning mentality like @Downcast mentioned in his post above(quite from Ancelotti himself) which is also is extremely important in a club like ours - specially now when we don't have lots of players with this type of mentality anymore.

Ainu

He has that CR7 confidence about him where he seems sure he can score from anywhere on the pitch.
That's because he actually can. Or maybe it's the other way around. In any case, it'd make a nice change from all the pussyfooting around the penalty box we've grown accustomed to under Van Gaal. Zlatan will show the rest of the squad how it's done.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Being a bit better than Lingard is not exactly a high bar and he isn't the top pro and hard worker Lingard is, on top of that his pace isn't worth much when aligned to average everything else, much like Theo Walcott.
He's not a bit better he's far better than Lingard as I said. He is far better than you are given him credit for. Would be a revelation in our team.

mu4c_20le

Zlatan Ibrahimovic to hold press conference tomorrow
:drool:

He will undoubtedly be asked about his future, but he is unlikely to give any indication as to where he will be next season.

This press conference is not out of the ordinary when Zlatan is with the Swedish national team and has nothing to do in itself with the player’s future.
:(

Devil may care

He's not a bit better he's far better than Lingard as I said. He is far better than you are given him credit for. Would be a revelation in our team.
I don't think he is far better and I would say you are massively overestimating him, he's the type of player that goes to Russia for a big payday like Hulk from Porto.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I don't think he is far better and I would say you are massively overestimating him, he's the type of player that goes to Russia for a big payday like Hulk from Porto.
1. Let's say they don't have the same profile & style of play. Great teams have diversity

2. In April, he has turned down an offer to earn a tax-free 70million euros a year (£56.1million) to play in China.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...yes-european-move-after-snubbing-lucrative-c/

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nothing the matter with getting a pay day. Look at Becks and MLS. But Mane is night and day to Lingard I believe his assets would add massively to our team.

Devil may care

Nothing the matter with getting a pay day. Look at Becks and MLS. But Mane is night and day to Lingard I believe his assets would add massively to our team.
Becks went there at the end of his career, I could see Mane doing it now just like Hulk or Alex Textiera. I don't see him and Lingard as night and day, Lingard is a team player and a clever one, Mane is all pace and goes missing for games at a time. The thing is I am not suggesting we start with Lingard next season, I am saying we should aim a lot higher than an unprofessional mercenary who is not much better than what we have.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I am not in a position to compare Mané with Lingard.

However, I understand Mané is much more experienced (72 games with Southampton in the last 2 seasons: automatic starter).

So, Lingard has more 'upside potential'

Lester Freamon

Aka Caveman
I have never been more excited about a transfer in my life. I am desperate for us to sign him, it will be absolutely amazing. I can't believe there are actually United fans that have watched us over the past few seasons that are against us signing Zlatan fecking Ibrahimovic. He is everything we have been missing of late; attitude, flair, skill, power. IT'S ZLATAN FFS!

Dir Wangem

Is there a better CF inside the box? His composure, height and acrobatics gives him an extra dimension that strikers like Suarez, Aguero and Lewandowski lack. These are all great finishers who will give you tons of goals, but inside the box, Zlatan is something special. I also don't think that there is a center forward out there with a better long-shot.

There are only 3-4 center forwards right now that can be compared to Zlatan, and that is Suarez, Augero, Benzema and Lewandowski. Suarez is obviously better than Zlatan, but I'm not so sure about the other 3. Regardless, they all have one thing in common: we're never gonna get them. TLDR; Zlatan is the best CF we can get. It's not a long-term signing, and we definitely need an AM/winger(like Griezmann) as well. But there shouldn't be any doubt that Zlatan is a signing of epic proportions.

Macern

Pee pee pants
38 goals and 13 assists in 29+2 league games speaks for itself.
5 goals and 3 assists in CL isn't too bad either.

He has the best numbers in the world this season, better than CR7, Messi, Suarez and Neymar. One could argue that it's easier doing it in Ligue 1 than in Liga BBVA, but then again it might be easier doing it in a team like Barcelona or Real where you're surrounded by better players.

Not saying he has been the world's best player this season, but he isn't far off. Best striker in the world? Maybe. There's not much between him and Suarez.

Those who do not want him here are mentalists.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Mane is way better than Lingard. I'm surprised anyone would think they are close in ability

Oaencha

I have never been more excited about a transfer in my life. I am desperate for us to sign him, it will be absolutely amazing. I can't believe there are actually United fans that have watched us over the past few seasons that are against us signing Zlatan fecking Ibrahimovic. He is everything we have been missing of late; attitude, flair, skill, power. IT'S ZLATAN FFS!
"You took the words right out of mouth" *clap clap* "It must have been when I was...".

Couldn't agree more. I think with Martial and another pacey forward next to him, he would tear up the PL.

Additional note - That overhead against England... Legendary.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Mane is way better than Lingard. I'm surprised anyone would think they are close in ability
Mané is an attacking midfielder with better technical skills, passing skills & creativity. A more confirmed player. The future will tell us if he is able to be successful with a greater club.

Lingard is more a forward: if he has the chance to train with Zlatan, he will understand that he has to work harder to achieve his full potential.

FromTheBench

Strange nothing has moved forward it seems on this despite looking done few days ago.

Shouldn't be that complicated considering he's on free but then Raiola is his agent.

Skills

Snitch
Has there ever been a player who's scored as many crazy goals as this guy? It all kicks off from 2:10 onwards, everything from acrobats to some of the fastest shots I've ever seen.
A few years ago I was trying to make that argument for Van Persie, then I came across Zlatan's goal collection.

Natener

Strange nothing has moved forward it seems on this despite looking done few days ago.

Shouldn't be that complicated considering he's on free but then Raiola is his agent.
If he's really joining us, would be a little weird announcing while we are still officially managerless.

GlasgowRedz

It's likely all our time and effort is currently focused on getting the Mourinho deal completed.

Not that I don't think we can do the two concurrently, it's just more likely any dealings with him have been put on hold temporarily.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Could have sworn this was an Ibra thread but some muppets are discussing Mane and Lingard.

I want Ibra here, bring him Jose. Briiiiiing him!
The muppets don't want to repeat themselves :smirk:

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Mané is an attacking midfielder with better technical skills, passing skills & creativity. A more confirmed player. The future will tell us if he is able to be successful with a greater club.

Lingard is more a forward: if he has the chance to train with Zlatan, he will understand that he has to work harder to achieve his full potential.
Lingard's finishing ability is really awful from what I've seen this season so I don't think he has a future as a forward. Overall he is very limited player...reminds me of when we had Cleverly starting games here.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Too much Mane/Lingard bollards.

Let's watch Zlatan make an absolute spoon out of Hart again instead

Status
Not open for further replies.