5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobski

Anyone surprised at what they are seeing from Sanchez clearly had not watched him much.

Just on how deep he is playing, again this is very much a Sanchez problem, he refuses to hold shape. Like Rooney he will come deep to get the ball, easy to blame his team for not getting him the ball higher but it is something he has always done, an instinctive desire to chase the ball. His work-rate stands out but he does not always work smart, stay a little higher, trust your team, try to get isolated on a full back.

A summer off should be golden for him. The guy has had a massive workload over a number of years, if we are going to see a great Sanchez in a Utd shirt next year is the season.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
He was really poor last night but did help drive us forward at 2-1 down. Needs to play it simple and keep the ball moving quicker - same can be said of Pogba.

BTW - The stats at the top of the screen say he only has 1 assist - am I right in thinking that should be 2? Huddersfield (assist for Lukaku) and Yeovil (assist for Herrera)

mancan92

Anyone that watched sanchez before knew this is what he was. He is a player who will frustrate just as much as deliver. Its nothing to do with the system this is what he is

meninred

I mean he should be an upgrade to mata/rashford/martial and lingaard. If not what is the use ? I hope mouriniho is not wasting him by asking him to defend a lot.

haram

I mean he should be an upgrade to mata/rashford/martial and lingaard. If not what is the use ? I hope mouriniho is not wasting him by asking him to defend a lot.
The problem is not him defending. He keeps giving the ball away.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
The problem is not him defending. He keeps giving the ball away.
What style of play do you want?

We should attack attack attack, and if we lost the ball, recover it quickly and attack again.

if Alexis gives away the ball because he always try that risky offensive pass, so be it. We are not Barcelona to try to keep and work the ball as they do.

the reality is Alexis only knows how to play a direct attacking football. He needs runners forward to pickup with his passes. Mata understands that and is always making those runs into he opposition area, for example.

He definitely needs more time to adapt, and the team needs more time to adapt to him. We'll see... Mou needs to step it up.

Cheekiey

hmm, i reckon after a long rest and a good pre season, he will be hitting 15 prem goals and 8-10 assists for us next season. He's currently on 8 goals 3 assists.

Bobski

hmm, i reckon after a long rest and a good pre season, he will be hitting 15 prem goals and 8-10 assists for us next season. He's currently on 8 goals 3 assists.
Is that enough for 400- 600k p/w?

haram

What style of play do you want?

We should attack attack attack, and if we lost the ball, recover it quickly and attack again.

if Alexis gives away the ball because he always try that risky offensive pass, so be it. We are not Barcelona to try to keep and work the ball as they do.

the reality is Alexis only knows how to play a direct attacking football. He needs runners forward to pickup with his passes. Mata understands that and is always making those runs into he opposition area, for example.

He definitely needs more time to adapt, and the team needs more time to adapt to him. We'll see... Mou needs to step it up.
I don't have a problem with risky passes. He is messing up simple things as well.

edcunited1878

He had a poor individual night last night, but when the stakes were raised (with United playing at a more hectic and desperate tempo), he had quality moments that were part of the 2nd and 3rd goals.

He will improve, but it's always nice to have that individual quality and match winner status.

Jeffthered

Welcome to the attacking philosophy of Jose Mourinho. Sanchez is getting used to a slower, less confident, fairly fragile attacking unit. Lukaku has found some form, and it shows. But he needs service, quicker and of more quality, and it's been lacking, and this has highlighted the deficiencies in his game. Sanchez doesn't seem like he is enjoying it. I don't see many players 'enjoying' our style of play, and that's a worry. We fluctuate wildy throughout some games, and haven't been consistent since September.

I don't think all is rosy within the camp. Players aren't enjoying it, seems a bit of a toil, and we hope for moments of inspiration. Look at last night.

I feel sorry for Sanchez.

buckooo1978

he had a nightmare last night but what stands out last night from Sanchez and Lingard is their intelligent running.

always looking for space, always trying to be positive

we need to move the ball faster as a team and stretch defences - players like Pogba seem to be over elaborate and McTominay/Matic look for safe options too often

Scholsey2004

Welcome to the attacking philosophy of Jose Mourinho. Sanchez is getting used to a slower, less confident, fairly fragile attacking unit. Lukaku has found some form, and it shows. But he needs service, quicker and of more quality, and it's been lacking, and this has highlighted the deficiencies in his game. Sanchez doesn't seem like he is enjoying it. I don't see many players 'enjoying' our style of play, and that's a worry. We fluctuate wildy throughout some games, and haven't been consistent since September.

I don't think all is rosy within the camp. Players aren't enjoying it, seems a bit of a toil, and we hope for moments of inspiration. Look at last night.

I feel sorry for Sanchez.
Less confident than Arsenals?

SwSw

Alexis needs to stop dropping so deep to receive the ball.

How about he holds his shape/position and trust his team mates instead?

Kapardin

Do they always express their views poetically for dramatic effect? The last bit seems plagiarized from Shakespeare or something. "Alas, poor Alexis, we knew him well..."

Seriously though, he needs to man the feck up. We are not paying him that much to be the same as Mata, Rashford and the rest of our attack, but to be on a level above them. I am willing to give him time, but he must atleast show signs of his peak form before the end of the season.

AgentP

I thought he'll be the one who carries our team but right now it is the opposite. Jose is giving him too much freedom to roam. This affects our team balance. Sanchez's performance doesn't warrant a free role now as it does more damage than good.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Him and Pogba are always far to close to each other. He needs to stay far up the pitch, moving across the back four or in behind. Let the other players find him.

el3mel

Pretty sure he'll come good with us at the end. At the moment the problem is we used to play with certain dynamics and he used to play for different system. We're trying to shoehorn him into our system without disturbing the link between other players and it's not working at the moment, beside we don't have any time to train on forming new links considering the games are coming thick and fast so we have to figure it out on the pitch.

Will take time but I'm sure he'll come good coming next season after he gets used to the team and his teammates understand his movements.

Greck

Him and Pogba are always far to close to each other. He needs to stay far up the pitch, moving across the back four or in behind. Let the other players find him.
Just what we needed. More tactical dilemmas. It's like we sign these names without a clue of their relative strengths and weaknesses

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Just what we needed. More tactical dilemmas. It's like we sign these names without a clue of their relative strengths and weaknesses
No, it's the coaching or lack of following instructions from the player. He's played in an attacking position, stop dropping to take the ball off of the CB or Matic. Stay forward.

Pogba and Sanchez need to play on opposite sides of the pitch for the team to prosper, Pogba left and Sanchez right. Right now the left is getting too crowded out i noticed this in our last match especially when Mata came on he was drifting to the left at times even though he played well but you get the picture. Why does nobody seem to want to stay on the right hand side of pitch lol its so annoying as there's so much space!

Jeffthered

Less confident than Arsenals?
Not necessarily, but comparisons with Arsenal were not my point. I'm more interested in how resilient, imaginative, and effective our attacking strategy (???) has and continues to be. I don't think we have an attacking way of playing, and that is effecting Sanchez, as well as many other attacking players. Tell me one attacking player, or player with an attacking instinct at United that has improved under Mourinho?

I'm certainly not getting into a 'well, at least it's better than at Arsenal....' narrative. That's quite a sorry perspective if you choose to have it.

haram

It’s like he lacks discipline on the pitch. Almost like he does whatever he wants.

Greck

No, it's the coaching or lack of following instructions from the player. He's played in an attacking position, stop dropping to take the ball off of the CB or Matic. Stay forward.
He's going to drop deep to seek the ball when isolated. You don't buy Sanchez and get surprised when he does that. Tactical discipline in that sense has never been a strength

redIndianDevil

It’s like he lacks discipline on the pitch. Almost like he does whatever he wants.
That's generally the opinion of almost all Arsenal fans regarding Sanchez. He tries lot of things, does stuff but most of the time ends up losing possession or gets dragged out of position. One good attribute is that he has the mentality and physique to chase after giving the ball away.

el3mel

Lacks discipline, or given a free roam role by the manager ? Mourinho said he moved him centrally second half.

Web of Bissaka

Is his positioning discipline even a problem?
Maybe the fact that he's very mobile, doesn't stay and wait, and move a damn lot here and there or up and down can be misleading.

Mourinho usually gives him free role to roam the attacking spaces and drop deep, yet in some games, he did put a leash on Sanchez, and Alexis followed that instructions. Eg. the moments in games where he played as CAM #10 behind Lukaku, or the first half game against Chelsea where he start at RM and occupied both the central and right area - big task as instructed.

Greck

Trade you back for Mkhitaryan:D
He isn't an ideal fit but you wouldn't find a reasonable United fan that believes we aren't better with him. Especially in place of Mkhi. More effective, higher work rate, stronger mentality

haram

Lacks discipline, or given a free roam role by the manager ? Mourinho said he moved him centrally second half.
Think the manager just needs more time with him. Good thing Chile aren’t at the world cup as well, he’ll get some rest.

Greck

Is his positioning discipline even a problem?
Maybe the fact that he's very mobile, doesn't stay and wait, and move a damn lot here and there or up and down can be misleading.

Mourinho usually gives him free role to roam the attacking spaces and drop deep, yet in some games, he did put a leash on Sanchez, and Alexis followed that instructions. Eg. the moments in games where he played as CAM #10 behind Lukaku, or the first half game against Chelsea where he start at RM and occupied both the central and right area - big task as instructed.
Granted it was his first game here, Jose in his postgame after the Tottenham match said he wanted Sanchez to stay closer to Lukaku but he would always roam/come deep. Don't have the link. Saw it on TV. I too think he's given a free role in many games but there are times when it's obvious he's flipped the script and gone improv

MarcusRashford

He has no positional discipline and I hate when we put him on the wing because he never sticks there, therefore we end up being too narrow. I would normally play him as a number 10 in 4-2-3-1 but then you've got the Pogba problem on your hands. Still depending on who we play, that is likely his best position or play that 4-2-2-2 formation we played against Chelsea. Suited both Pogba and Sanchez really well.
Either way, quite underwhelming so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.