5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

Going back for the ball and being all over the frontline doesn't mean he lacks discipline ffs. He's that kind of a player, he makes things happen, is active the whole game and doesn't stick with the same position.
There were cries about rigid football players not running and opening up for the ball.
Now we have a playet who does all that and he supposedly lacks discipline.
Its incredible some fans are already on his back.

haram

Going back for the ball and being all over the frontline doesn't mean he lacks discipline ffs. He's that kind of a player, he makes things happen, is active the whole game and doesn't stick with the same position.
There were cries about rigid football players not running and opening up for the ball.
Now we have a playet who does all that and he supposedly lacks discipline.
Its incredible some fans are already on his back.
Nothing wrong with making runs, opening for the ball or pressing, it’s the way he does it. His game seems very messy atm.

Borden

He was never going to go straight into a team with no tempo, movement or fluidity and start tearing teams apart. No one can. None of our attackers will be at their best until we start playing better football.

MarcusRashford

Yeah its kinda the chicken egg thing I guess.
Is the player the problem or is it the manager; because none of the attacking players seem to be doing well under Mourinho and all of that has been well documented numerous times. Guess we will have to wait and see.
Still that 4-2-2-2 formation seemed to have suit everyone really well. Would really like to see it again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He needs to calm the feck down. Stop trying to do everything. I swear between him and Pogba I don't know who has the biggest ego. Stop trying to be the 'main man' and play for the team.

I don't care how shite we are, he shouldn't be losing possession the way he is for eg. It's completely unacceptable for an established player to be doing that on the crazy amount of money he's being paid.

He's reminding me slightly of Rooney in decline. Has to play whether it's good or bad for the team, drops too deep and gets in the way of everybody else, has a longish contract on crazy wages. It's making me seriously nervous.

manunited1919

He needs to calm the feck down. Stop trying to do everything. I swear between him and Pogba I don't know who has the biggest ego. Stop trying to be the 'main man' and play for the team.

I don't care how shite we are, he shouldn't be losing possession the way he is for eg. It's completely unacceptable for an established player to be doing that on the crazy amount of money he's being paid.

He's reminding me slightly of Rooney in decline. Has to play whether it's good or bad for the team, drops too deep and gets in the way of everybody else, has a longish contract on crazy wages. It's making me seriously nervous.
It’s too early to label him Rooney II. Have faith, give him time. There’s a huge difference between him and Rooney because Alexis takes good care of his body and is absolutely fit. The team needs time to get to know him, and JM needs to start trying different positions for him until he gels with the team.

Laurentiu amt

I think it's a positive thing that he tries to do a lot of stuff. I like that he's always trying to push his teammates further up the pitch. That shows desire to win, hunger, something that we're clearly lacking these days.
Maybe that mentality will gel with his teammates as well.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I hope it works out @manunited1919;Laurentiu amt

He needs to settle down quickly though..

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He's been putting the effort in that if the rest of the team matched we'd look a fair bit better. But because they don't he stands out as a madman. The Palace game looked like he calmed down to the point where it affected his game badly.

haram

I think he looked better when he was moved central and Rashford was keeping himself out wide. First half was a mess and he was just picking it up everywhere and losing it.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
You can keep Miki, but wouldn't mind you taking back Alexis.

We'll wrap him up and send him back no problem:D
Guess Sanchez'll play better after he's had a pre-season with the main team. Going from the highlights he was involved in almost all of Utd's attacks, just didn't manage to get the ball in.

Inter Yer Nan

Not surprisingly seems in the opinion of many he's gone from world class to not good enough to start for us in the matter of a few weeks.

He'll come up with some magic this weekend and be be world class again I'm sure.

Alabaster Codify7

He's been awful, let's be honest. He doesn't fit this team in the slightest, I'm convinced this was nothing more than opportunistic 'statement' signing to boost morale around the club and prove to the world we can still one-up our neighbours. Little thought seems to have gone into where exacly he'd fit into the starting 11. Disappointing.

montpelier

That first half was genuinely absolutely appalling, but still early days I suppose.

VanGaalyTime

All it will take is for him to score and play well against Liverpool to turn opinions around. Cantona, Forlan and Mata have all had their reputations cemented by playing well in this game. Granted, Cantona also played well in 99% of the others too.

Alexit

He's trying too hard right now. Running up and down and "covering lots of ground" doesn't mean squat. We know he's a great player bu he needs to let the game "come to him" or whatever rubbish term it is that commentators use nowadays.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Guess Sanchez'll play better after he's had a pre-season with the main team. Going from the highlights he was involved in almost all of Utd's attacks, just didn't manage to get the ball in.
That's how this forum is. Sanchez in almost every game he has played has been instrumental in us scoring (along with Lukaku, I would say both have been standout players). But because he isn't a pass master or fluid dribbler his contributions are underrated.

Lukaku gets the same treatment, has been our standout attacker this season but because he's a big, clumsy player people want to bin him for someone else so we can play 'fluid, attacking football'.

Sanchez since he has come has the best goals/assists per minute ratio. That is what you want from Sanchez, someone that will be influential in the final third.

Silas

That's how this forum is. Sanchez in almost every game he has played has been instrumental in us scoring (along with Lukaku, I would say both have been standout players). But because he isn't a pass master or fluid dribbler his contributions are underrated.

Lukaku gets the same treatment, has been our standout attacker this season but because he's a big, clumsy player people want to bin him for someone else so we can play 'fluid, attacking football'.

Sanchez since he has come has the best goals/assists per minute ratio. That is what you want from Sanchez, someone that will be influential in the final third.
He's on three goals/assists isn't he? An assist against League 2's Yeovil and a goal and assist over two games against Huddersfield, with the goal being a penalty rebound. Don't think his output is something particularly worthy of praise.

Last edited:

Ban

Nothing wrong with making runs, opening for the ball or pressing, it’s the way he does it. His game seems very messy atm.
He just got to United, it will take time, everything can't click in a second.

POF

The first half was a shambles offensively. Regularly you had 5 players (3 midfield players and 2 wide forwards) stood within 10 yards of each other.

Trying to play intricate football through such a narrow channel really doesn't suit the likes of Lukaku, Pogba, Lingard or McTominay. If you have athletic players, narrowing the pitch in a 4-3-3 isn't a good idea.

Second half was better when Rashford held some width. Sanchez is definitely trying too hard. He needs to keep it simple and trust his teammates more and play himself back into form.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I've no doubt he'll come good if Jose finds a way to fit him effectively into the team, but I still don't understand why we gave a player at his age such a long contract, not least with respect to him being the highest earner.

Member 90887

He created several dangerous chances while not being at his best, you can see the class he has. Pretty sure he'll tear teams apart next season, week in week out.

But until then, he has to up his game for our big ties at least this season. Begining with Liverpool, we can really use him if his at his best.

Scholsey2004

Not necessarily, but comparisons with Arsenal were not my point. I'm more interested in how resilient, imaginative, and effective our attacking strategy (???) has and continues to be. I don't think we have an attacking way of playing, and that is effecting Sanchez, as well as many other attacking players. Tell me one attacking player, or player with an attacking instinct at United that has improved under Mourinho?

I'm certainly not getting into a 'well, at least it's better than at Arsenal....' narrative. That's quite a sorry perspective if you choose to have it.
Lingard has improved. On a side note it was you who raised the arsenal comparison when you said Sanchez had to adapt to a less confident attack than he was used to. Clearly that statement was wrong.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018

Behave yourself, Jazz. Ridiculous comparison. You might as well say he reminds you of Luke Shaw because he's quick and has a big arse or Robbie Keane because he waves his hands a lot or Tony Valencia because he has a fetching smile. Don't be nervous. He's only been here 5 minutes. It'll all settle down shortly.

Mr PG

He's been awful, let's be honest. He doesn't fit this team in the slightest, I'm convinced this was nothing more than opportunistic 'statement' signing to boost morale around the club and prove to the world we can still one-up our neighbours. Little thought seems to have gone into where exacly he'd fit into the starting 11. Disappointing.
Had a poor season at arsenal as well but next season when he’s back to his best he’ll be twice the player.

Biji.Kelot

Dont get it. Hard worker player is liked by Mou. Sanchez never stops to try, never too lazy to move, helping defense, serve the others and so on. For 90 minute. Every coach wants this kind of player.

And now some posters here moan that he should stop it ? He is not good enough ? Deary me. Sanchez and Lukaku plays with extra engine, with desire to win. We should thank having that kind players.

And one more, at Arsenal, who weaker than us, he is only has Ozil to pass the ball, to exchange 1-2 movement. To score or to have an assist.

Here ? Who will provide him ? Should be Pogba, isn't it ? And with majority agreement of posters here whom said Pogba lots lots better than Ozil, the future Zidane and Ballon D Or winner, in theory, Sanchez should have the better result moving here right ?

It is not Sanchez, we should be worry about. Long the years that his style. And no, Rooney could not run a riot like Sanchez at 29. Rooney will die in a heart attack playing like that.

Our problem is not Sanchez, but that Social Media World Class player that think he is so brilliant that everything has to centre over him.

Just my 2 cents. Apologize for any unpleasant words.

MarcusRashford

One thing thats been affecting his performance negatively is being on the left wing. As both him and Pogba tend to roam a lot they really get in each other's way by playing on the same side. No surprise our best game with Sanchez came against Chelsea when Pogba was on the left and Sanchez was on the right. That IMO is the way to go forward or play Sanchez in the middle, that also hasn't looked half bad.

I do prefer Rashford and Martial to Sanchez and even Lingard sometimes can give us that level of production, I would still like to get the best out of Sanchez. I do think that 4-2-2-2 formation with Pogba on the left and Sanchez on the right was perfect. Maybe 4-3-3 could work as well, Sanchez does tend to play more in the middle anyway.
But yeah the point I'm trying to make, can't have him and Pogba on the same side. When they're on different sides, both being as talented as they are, I feel that could really elevate us.

deafepl

He created several dangerous chances while not being at his best, you can see the class he has. Pretty sure he'll tear teams apart next season, week in week out.

But until then, he has to up his game for our big ties at least this season. Begining with Liverpool, we can really use him if his at his best.

I was watching him in crystal palace game, it highlights that we need a better fullback to support width and support attacking when Sanchez pick passes to the flank that could drag a defender out of their position and won't come deep to collect balls, Lukaku's services have increased massively since Sanchez come in because his passes are suited to Lukaku's strengths, he played a lot of through passes where Lukaku can run, most through passes after KDB in EPL. I think once he's fully settled in the team, he'd be a devastating player, IMO.

kundalini

If you are going to take responsibility to the extent that Sanchez does, then you have to deliver goals, assists, chances created, decent attempts that forced good saves etc.

The current situation is ridiculous. We are benching decent players while Sanchez puts in a series of shocking performances.

AshRK

Big game performance incoming from him. Will be very crucial today for us to do win today.

OldSchoolManc

In a strange way, if Pogba is missing today, this could be the perfect opportunity for Sanchez to step up and make his mark.
We have to be honest and say that it hasn’t clicked between Pogba and Sanchez in the same team yet. At the moment, if we were to choose one or the other for the sake of the team, I would pick Sanchez for his greater work rate as much as anything.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I thought he had his best spell on the left wing today, but still yet to make a telling contribution.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Worked hard and even when he lost the ball he tracked back and often got an interception. Problem is he lost the ball a lot, even in places where he shouldn't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.