5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

R'hllor

He is really great player in general but think he is shocked by the way how we play ( i dont mean it in negative way, before cultists lose their shit), more like things we do are strangers to him, rarely he saw game management like today in last X minutes in Arsenal etc.

Devil may care

Huffed and puffed but other than thwe one chance he created for Mata I didn't feel he showed enough quality in the limited possession we had.

Decent performance. Didn't offer a lot but worked hard off the ball and had a good last 15 minutes providing an outlet when we were on the back foot. Beautiful ball to Mata which really should have been an assist and is the type of pass noone else in our squad is really capable off. Needs to take control of games and show that ability on a more consistent basis

Web of Bissaka

Usual performance.

Not much to complaint about, still waiting for his next goal and/or assist.

I felt his plays becoming a lot more consistently good towards the end.

Bet he's enjoying playing a winning football for a change. :D

PoTMS

One of our poorer players today albeit in a game where everyone played relatively well. Lost the ball again way too much. Once Martial is back, a spell on the bench will do him well as at the moment I'd rather have Mata, Martial and Lingard play instead of him.

Bobski

57% pass completion going by whoscored. Knew it was low but not quite that bad.

Art

Art the artist
United's way of playing is a lot different from Arsenal's. I believe he will sync up with us eventually. His workrate has to be appreciated.

AR87

I didn't have a problem with his losses of possession outside of a couple of instances. Also thought instead of the crossfield pass he played to Lukaku in the 2nd half he could have played Rashford in through the channel on the inside left, but not an egregious choice.

His work rate defensively both centrally and when he moved out to the wing was tremendous and, more importantly, disciplined within the framework of the tactical plan.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm really not impressed by him right now.

Yes this team plays differently to Arsenal, but that can't be used as an excuse for his own performances.

He needs to learn to be patient and not force a killer pass at EVERY opportunity. So many times he just lumps it forward expecting people to chase impossible passes.

He does try hard though you can't argue with that, but he just needs to be better. 60% passing is very poor for the top level, even in an attacking position.

cyberman

He offers us so much tactically, he was filling in as a 3rd midfielder so fluidly.

automaticflare

Really don’t know about this performance

Created a chance in a plate for mata which would have really killed the game

Gave the ball away a lot, and not from passing or attempting through balls just sloppiness.

Then when rashford went off and he had to move left he looked twice the player.
Very strange game but I am convinced he has quality to be a success here.

Deleted member 101472

Im probably in the minority here, and I really don’t class myself as one to overreact but I thought absolutely horrible performance from him. Needs to stop trying to get the team to do the stuff he wants to do, and start playing the way the rest of the lads are accustomed to. Should have been withdrawn from the game much earlier. There was a chance for him to slide the ball in behind Rashford who had the run on a tired Alexander Arnold, and he tried a World Cup ball across to lukaku. So frustrated with him today.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Sacrificed himself for the team today, particularly in the second half. Still not great by any means, he was very sloppy at times. But he absolutely will come good, we probably won't see the real Alexis until next season.

TsuWave

didn't think he had a good game but he still created something (that mata chance), i think its important for top teams to have players that despite not being at their best can be efficient and/or creative and come up with crucial moments

Janson

Clinical pass to Mata, he really should have scored there. You can tell how much difference his playmaking makes compared to someone like Martial.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Has he maybe lost a bit of speed? He seems to get caught a lot, even if he gets fouled or breaks free.
That was surprising to me as well, always thought of him as a fast player but defenders keep catching him time and again, not only today.

Deleted member 101472

That was surprising to me as well, always thought of him as a fast player but defenders keep catching him time and again, not only today.
He was outpaced by emre can a few times today.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's really quick over the first few yards but his full speed once he's sprinting is pretty average. That one time he could've been away was Oxlade-chamberlain catching up to him so that's reasonable. But yeah, he's always been more very explosive and had great agility, not so much a sprinter.

Kapardin

About a 6/10 performance from him, which is not good enough. He needs to really step it up, the honeymoon period is creeping by.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I think he will come good, the signs are there to be seen. The second striker role/third midfielder fits him well, so i would like to see us continue with it.

I think this is the first summer in many years that he will have a good long rest. That will probably help him and us a lot next season.

Lowkey

poor man's Rooney? Doesnt really fit into the system and will be playing in all different positions. A versatile, dogged, hardworking player but loses the ball far too often for my liking.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Yeah, but that pass to Mata was behind Mata, which is why Mata attempted the overhead volley. He could’ve done better with this pass too.
Odd, this was the exact same criticism (not from you) of di Maria when he played that pass through to Mata during Juanfield. Both passes, in my opinion, were brilliant and an indictment of the quality and vision of both players (Sanchez and di Maria). Mata should have scored as he had the time and space to choose any corner.

Bobski

He's really quick over the first few yards but his full speed once he's sprinting is pretty average. That one time he could've been away was Oxlade-chamberlain catching up to him so that's reasonable. But yeah, he's always been more very explosive and had great agility, not so much a sprinter.
What do people expect, he is 5 "6, very difficult to contain when turning/spinning but over distance no, his legs might be flying but longer gaits will eat him up.

This is one of the reasons why he does not want to stay wide or why even playing on the right may not bring the best out of him.

LoneStar

Was okay in the first half. Worked hard throughout the game. Grew into the game when he started playing on the left, and finished quite strongly.

But, even after more than a month, he seems to play on a different wavelength to his teammates. Please get that sorted Jose.

Toddler

I think when we play good offensive game he shines, but when we go deep and just defend he disappears and has difficulties. First period good, some love through balls but second not so much. He will be good.

Hitchez

He was fine overall imo. When we really grew into the game after our first goal he was very good and made a couple of great passes including the one to Mata. His influence waned as we defended more but he always offered an outlet and worked his socks off throughout the game. Bet he prefers this to the annual pasting that he was used to from Liverpool when he was with Arsenal.

Treble

Looked better than the last games. Has lost a yard of pace though.

manunited1919

Odd, this was the exact same criticism (not from you) of di Maria when he played that pass through to Mata during Juanfield. Both passes, in my opinion, were brilliant and an indictment of the quality and vision of both players (Sanchez and di Maria). Mata should have scored as he had the time and space to choose any corner.
It’s a difficult shot because the ball is behind. It was doable, but at the same time no sitter that Mata missed.

Loublaze

ATLien
Might aswell not have been out there today
I thought he did very well with his pressing late in the game. He set up a counter attack brilliantly at one point when Liverpool were all over us. Its coming together slowly for him at OT but im glad to have him here, he's a fighter and we've missed that.

I thought he did very well with his pressing late in the game. He set up a counter attack brilliantly at one point when Liverpool were all over us. Its coming together slowly for him at OT but im glad to have him here, he's a fighter and we've missed that.
It's not pressing, he just chases like a terrier. It's pointless if the whole team are doing something else. The ball is passed around him and it leaves a big space open.

He's a great player but he needs a lot longer to get onto the same wavelength as the others.

Loublaze

ATLien
It's not pressing, he just chases like a terrier. It's pointless if the whole team are doing something else. The ball is passed around him and it leaves a big space open.

He's a great player but he needs a lot longer to get onto the same wavelength as the others.
Tevez did this to great effect. It forced Liverpool to make rushed passes out of play on a few occasions.

Tevez did this to great effect. It forced Liverpool to make rushed passes out of play on a few occasions.
Tevez did it because he had Rooney, Ronaldo etc working and pressing to cover passing options. We are not playing that way so it's easy to pass around Sanchez doing it on his own.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

It's definitely not pointless, as he noticeably pressed a lot more whenever they wanted to run through the midfield and made them pass it off. Can did nothing in this game because every time he wanted to, Sanchez pressed him off of it. Same with chamberlain. Their midfield is usually full of runners breaking the lines and Sanchez stopped that every time.

the hea

He's been ok so far but not lived up to the expectations. Still early days so I think he will improve over the coming months when he gets used too the way we play.

Status
Not open for further replies.