5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

POF

He had some good moments as well as being incredibly careless at times. I'm surprised he stayed on the pitch when we were defending our lead given he makes almost no attempt to retain possession. On another day he would have got an assist for a good cross to Mata in the first half or the chance for Mata that was blocked in the 2nd half.

Chose the wrong option at one point in the 2nd half when he could have sent Rashford in towards their goal but instead passed wide to Lukaku.

Asleep at the end when he forgot to mark Salah.

Still not doing anywhere near enough to justify his selection game after game.
I couldn't believe it when he did that. He was looking right at Rashford and it was a really easy pass. Rashford would have been clean through on goal.

I don't like him in the number 10 role. His workrate means he provides good defensive cover from there but it's too pivotal a position for someone who is so wasteful in possession. I also don't think he is creative enough for that position.

Hopefully he'll find a home on the right of the front 3. Mata has been very good there recently but I think it's a better balanced attack with Lukaku, Alexis and someone with real pace (Martial/Rashford) on the left.

Social Madworks

He had some good moments as well as being incredibly careless at times. I'm surprised he stayed on the pitch when we were defending our lead given he makes almost no attempt to retain possession. On another day he would have got an assist for a good cross to Mata in the first half or the chance for Mata that was blocked in the 2nd half.

Chose the wrong option at one point in the 2nd half when he could have sent Rashford in towards their goal but instead passed wide to Lukaku.

Asleep at the end when he forgot to mark Salah.

Still not doing anywhere near enough to justify his selection game after game.
Did Rashford shout at him or showed unhappy face? This is what Alexis always does when he thinks the teammate chose a wrong option.

Social Madworks

Actually, would it be a better option to play Alexis on the left (Rashford's place) in this match? Liverpool's right back is rather young and inexperienced, he could have exploited that more than what Rashford did.

PS: I am not saying Rashford was bad. Rashford was great, 2 goals. Just a thought about the positions, since Alexis himself like to play on the left, to shoot.

Galactico

I thought he was generally poor for the first 65 minutes but much better for the last 31.
This. His performance levels really started to improve after Rashford came off and at just the right moment in the game when Liverpool were piling on the pressure.

Galactico

Needs to step up. Has been poor since he joined. Gives the ball away so much and feels like he’s not sharp, almost like he’s lost a yard of pace.
I really hope this isn’t another Rooney situation where he stinks out the place for years since nobody will take him off our hands...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I actually thought he wasn't that bad. He showed plenty of desire getting back to help the team and set Mata up on a plate.

Only silly thing he did was leave Salah alone in the 93rd minute.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
By the comments here, he is/will be a flop. This was quick. Only 2 months ago he was alexis fecking sanchez, best player in PL.

Hitchez

He wasn't poor at all. Not as involved or as influential as you would expect from him but it wasn't a poor performance. He's pretty much guaranteed to come up with some good moments every game which is useful especially considering we aren't exactly a chance creating machine.

Icemav

By the comments here, he is/will be a flop. This was quick. Only 2 months ago he was alexis fecking sanchez, best player in PL.
Depends on who you asked. It was an interesting signing and definitely an upgrade on Miki but I see him as somebody who strengthens our squad. Not the marquee player some people were claiming (he has never struck me as such even when seeing him live). Also in terms of age and our needs I personally was a supporter of getting Mahrez.

Once Alexis settles I expect am uptick in his play, but the present situation doesnt surprise me especially. And whatever some say it is hardly disastrous and dont care about his wages etc.

Frank Grimes

Depends on who you asked. It was an interesting signing and definitely an upgrade on Miki but I see him as somebody who strengthens our squad. Not the marquee player some people were claiming (he has never struck me as such even when seeing him live). Also in terms of age and our needs I personally was a supporter of getting Mahrez.

Once Alexis settles I expect am uptick in his play, but the present situation doesnt surprise me especially. And whatever some say it is hardly disastrous and dont care about his wages etc.
He strengthens our team not just squad, he is not a squad player.

Jngun

Would still rather have him than Mkhitaryan mind.
Mkhi won't be useful against Chelsea & liverpool for us we have seen it. just because he doesn't get stats padding doesn't mean he didn't improve our team. I know what people going to do is comparing his stats with mkhi stats later & says arsenal got the better deal.
but Sanchez is much more suitable for us & for jose obviously

Last edited:
Unreal this lot though eh?

I swear KVD or Hazard could come here and be labelled not that good, don't fit us, pointless signing etc if they didn't hit the ground running. Right bunch of odd ball fans we have.

AR87

Just re-watched the match and I think Sanchez was pretty good yesterday. He nearly produced 2 assists, the Mata miss and another one in the 2nd half where he turned, I believe Can, and played it into Mata's feet but what looked a certain goal was blocked by Lovren.

Some of his losses of possession were the result of lack of options to play to in forward areas or trying to play somebody through on the counter which got cut out. Obviously we want to see more, but I thought the 2nd half against Palace and the yesterday against Liverpool he was playing for the team rather than forcing the action to try and make himself a hero. His defensive shit yesterday was really quite useful. He put in quite the shift.

Hope he gets a goal against Sevilla.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Just re-watched the match and I think Sanchez was pretty good yesterday. He nearly produced 2 assists, the Mata miss and another one in the 2nd half where he turned, I believe Can, and played it into Mata's feet but what looked a certain goal was blocked by Lovren.

Some of his losses of possession were the result of lack of options to play to in forward areas or trying to play somebody through on the counter which got cut out. Obviously we want to see more, but I thought the 2nd half against Palace and the yesterday against Liverpool he was playing for the team rather than forcing the action to try and make himself a hero. His defensive shit yesterday was really quite useful. He put in quite the shift.

Hope he gets a goal against Sevilla.
Yeah he had good game. He didn't have options to pass but he kept the ball well beating the press. Also his work rate was just superb, he alone blocked the passing lanes and made GK to kick the ball long several times.

Not the game to criticise him for sure.

Web of Bissaka

Actually, would it be a better option to play Alexis on the left (Rashford's place) in this match? Liverpool's right back is rather young and inexperienced, he could have exploited that more than what Rashford did.

PS: I am not saying Rashford was bad. Rashford was great, 2 goals. Just a thought about the positions, since Alexis himself like to play on the left, to shoot.
Alternatively, letting Rash play LW and Sanchez at CAM, since he tends to drift to the left side anyway, pretty much means we're having both Rashford and Alexis having a go for fun at Liverpool's RB. :drool: Good tactic.

Web of Bissaka

That's too much. He nearly got his 2nd/3rd assist, and have created many chances. Playing a lot more consistent too, sure still not at his top best. Vital in breaking/unlocking the defense, or at least non-stop hitting the door. Influential, especially when Pogba is still getting his good form back.

Imagine when they're both on song, shiii, :keano: opponents will have horror facing two suppliers, with passes after passes coming in to Lukaku and co inside the box.

Murray3007

was really poor most of the game while playing in the centre, thought when we went to LW he was alot better, worked hard fair enough but got to be a lot better,

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Player like Sanchéz can't simply flop, he's too good for that and also has the workrate to compensate if things are going against him like atm. It's also good to see that the team is doing good without him hitting not even his second gear. I think that'll be good in the longterm, he won't be thinking he's the only one to make things happen and everything will come more naturally. Just throw him to a RW and let him play Mata style.

Also with Rashford back in form and hopefully Lingard back in the team + Lukaku the oppo defense will have a lot to do and cannot just mark Sanchez as tightly as the last few games, not sure if it was because it was a bit too crowded as he drifted there from the middle or he was indeed taken seriously He seemed to have a very little time on the ball.

Play him on the right or deeper, Pogba role, he will probably end up being a midfielder later in his career due to loosing speed, we can already see that his top speed decreased. he should be used as a playmaker, with a great turn and pass he might be a decent cazorla type of midfielder, just no need ot play hollywood pass with every opportunity but the pressure on him creating will hopefully go little off with time..

Craig Ward

He's yet to hit a good run of form, but he is adjusting to Jose's ways and new teammates etc.

Its clear Jose is selecting him until he plays his way into form. I suspect we'll start to see this shortly.

His workrate and determination will always be an asset, he just needs to add a bit of quality and retain possession a bit better.

I think he worked better off the left than the middle yesterday, but Rashford was much better. Maybe a go on the right is what he needs, although he'll always drift anyway.

Vilev

I've predicted this situation before his transfer. This has all the hallmarks of Di Maria's transfer. The key here is not Sanchez tiredness or other clueless excuses, but the one, main thing. Does the manager actually knows how to use him, does the manager has a clear idea how to construct the team with that player.
And this last months show rather conclusively that Jose simply does not know these things. It's typical "Di Maria transfer" in a sense that a very good player suddenly became available and he could have been bought. All MU had to do is overpay in terms of fee and/or salary and MU could easily do that being of the richest clubs in the world.
But in both this cases nobody stopped and thought about whether the team actually needs this exact player. So after this happens, player gets tossed around the field, playing in different positions with manager hoping that some formation and role "would fit". This exact thing happened to Di Maria, it's happening with Alexis right know, he is shifted all over the place, left, then right, center AM, left again.
And now we have the following situation. Rashford, Martial, Lingard, Sanchez all can play on the right, but ultimately they'd rather not, none of them is comfortable there. So we have shitload of option there and in "behind the CF" spot with also Pogba as a contender there. But on the right side we have only Mata, who actually can play only a specific role, a sort of a roaming winger. He usually plays in the center and even roams to the left side quite a lot. Valencia fills the spot of course, but he can't be the only right side option. That's just to much work. And every single one of our players, even Pogba and Lingard are drifting to the left more often than to the right.

As a player i like Sanchez. But i was not sure about this transfer before and i am more unsure about it now. While Sanchez is a great player, he is also 29 almost 30 already. He will decline, how fast no one can say. Martial and Rash on the other hand are one of the best young talents, that can become top players in a couple of years and be a force for many years after that. And the way things are going, it feels that Sanchez can't play anywhere other than in their spot. Is Sanhcez worth jeopardizing these two fellas? I am not too sure. And with all this money spent and wasted we still have very limited options on the right, only one, Mata. And basically only one working option in the center AM role, that's Lingard. Though that being said, i would rather we shift to 4-3-3, with DM at the base, so a Pogba-Matic-Ander(Lingard or someone new) formation.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Would give him more time. I want to see what he can do under a normal manager.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Should be benched. Has done nothing of note & I’m struggling to see how he fits into Jose’s tactics/style of play.

marktan

He was absolutely terrible today, can't recall a single time he did something good. Worse, playing him forces players like Rashford to play out of position like in the first half.

But the worst thing about him is that he doesn't play as an attacker. He doesn't dribble, doesn't make attacking runs, he just cuts back in and plays like a midfielder. Why do him and Pogba get in each other ways? Because Sanchez constantly runs back into midfield. Compare with every other top teams wide attackers - Sane, Salah, Mane, Sterling, Hazard, Sanchez has just been so far behind thus far.

AndyJ1985

This is all too familiar. We buy a player who has proven himself to be extremely talented, then as soon as he puts on a United shirt he plays like Charlie Adam.

I'm going out on a limb here and saying it's due to our abysmal tactics and style of play. Honestly believe we could sign Messi and he'd turn to shite.

cyberman

Stop with the pitch wedge passes. Thats all he does and its doing my head in.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I have nothing good to say about him at the moment, he doesn’t fit our team should have started mata tonight at least he brings composure to the game and not a constant loss of possession

Castia

There’s no getting around it he’s been a massive flop so far. Seriously doesn’t deserve a spot on the bench at the moment I’d have Martial, Rashford, Mata and Lingard ahead of him.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Just been a bit of a non-event since joining. Even when he looks alright he tends not to be doing much more than making occasionally alright passes, but I feel like he's one of those players you want to be constantly noticing, something who's a constant handful on the pitch and is always pressing and worrying the opposition. He's not been anything remotely near that so far.

PoTMS

Why the heck were we persisting with him when he's woefully out of form? That's all down to Mourinho.

AndyJ1985

Should be benched. Has done nothing of note & I’m struggling to see how he fits into Jose’s tactics/style of play.
We shouldn't want players who fit Mourinho's style of play, we should want a manager who encourages a style of play to get the best out of a player like Sanchez.

Status
Not open for further replies.