5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaReaper01

I actually didn’t think he was terrible. He worked, he won the ball back, he drove the team forward. The things we expected. No goal but he did set Fellaini up for his chance. Didn’t see the first half but he was head and shoulders better today than against Liverpool and miles better than Rashford.

Devil81

He's got to be dropped, he's been bloody awful.

Definitely upset the whole balance of the team.

NinjaFletch

I actually didn’t think he was terrible. He worked, he won the ball back, he drove the team forward. The things we expected. No goal but he did set Fellaini up for his chance. Didn’t see the first half but he was head and shoulders better today than against Liverpool and miles better than Rashford.
He's mostly running backwards trying to recover balls he's inexplicably given away passing to someone 3 yards away from him though.

RedB4ndiT

He's took us backwards since arriving.
Agree. I'm convinced the only reason we went after him was because Woodward was so afraid of making City that much better with Alexis in their lineup.

We were more than fine with a front 4 of Lukaku, Rashford, Martial, and Lingard. We had no need for him especially since all he does is take up a useless spot on the LW and disrupt the whole attacking system by having to accommodate him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's took us backwards since arriving.
Managed to feck up our team balance since joining. That’s his only contribution.
Because we were balanced before he came right? :lol: Because we were lighting teams up or playing brilliant football. The fecking revisionism is amazing. We were shite and grinded results out before. We're the same now.

I'm not having criticism for him or any of the players. It's all on the manager failing to get anyone to play well for more then 1 or 2 games in a row, and never a complete performance. Never even 90 minutes. At best, we have good spells of 30 minutes. And that's it. People can blame Sanchez all they want. Or lukaku now and then for his shit touch. Or Fellaini. Or Pogba. Or Martial/Rashford/Lingard/Mata for being inconsistent. But until people realize that it's fecking EVERYBODY, and that can only be attributed to the manager, then nothing will change. It's all on Mourinho not setting the team up properly and getting them to play a positive, attacking play style and build towards something. He's past it. We can't expect any of the players to carry us consistently or show anywhere close to their best until we see a drastic change. Starting with changing the manager.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
His introduction hasn’t really helped us improve. He looks a man with the weight of the world on him. While the other players look like they are desperately trying to play around him. He and Lingard must’ve bumped into each other half a dozen times tonight. Needs to show something, soon.

Sp00ks11

Number 7 shirt should be retired its cursed.

On a serious note though, yes he has been poor but anyone who thinks he would be poor if he was playing for a team who actually plays to win rather than contain is deluded.

Its no surprise almost every attacking player under Mourinho in the last 2 season has gone backwards. Infact I can't think of any who have got better under him, Lingard maybe.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Our attack has gone down the shitter trying to accommodate him. We were getting some fluid football with Martial and Rashford on the left, Mata on the right and Pogba dictating games.

Enter Sanchez, guaranteed starting spot on the left wing and all of a sudden we can't even create a chance from open play. Other than the Huddersfield penalty, he's done feck all.

BulgarianDevil91

He hasn't done a single notable thing since his arrival. The amount of balls he has lost/misplaced and his insecurity in front of goal are crushing anything left of his confidence.

AndyJ1985

At least it allowed our best attackers like Martial/Rashford to play in their best positions. Now we don’t even have that.
As far as I can see we're neither worse nor better with or without him; he's made no difference to the way we play. To me it just emphasises the issue isn't with the players, it's with the system

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
Because we were balanced before he came right? :lol: Because we were lighting teams up or playing brilliant football. The fecking revisionism is amazing. We were shite and grinded results out before. We're the same now.

I'm not having criticism for him or any of the players. It's all on the manager failing to get anyone to play well for more then 1 or 2 games in a row, and never a complete performance. Never even 90 minutes. At best, we have good spells of 30 minutes. And that's it. People can blame Sanchez all they want. Or lukaku now and then for his shit touch. Or Fellaini. Or Pogba. Or Martial/Rashford/Lingard/Mata for being inconsistent. But until people realize that it's fecking EVERYBODY, and that can only be attributed to the manager, then nothing will change. It's all on Mourinho not setting the team up properly and getting them to play a positive, attacking play style and build towards something. He's past it. We can't expect any of the players to carry us consistently or show anywhere close to their best until we see a drastic change. Starting with changing the manager.
You misunderstand me. I’m in no way blaming Sanchez for our performance, I’m going through one thread at a time giving my 2 pence.

But since we got him in, he’s not been playing in the positions we were weakest at - right wing for once, and even if not there he could start through the middle where he’s quite good.

Martial and Rashford we’re doing brilliantly earlier in the season and Lw is their strongest position. Why get an experienced player in his prime in for a position where we are already stacked in? Where’s the logic in that plez.

Also, him and Pogba obviously bump heads as they like to roam similar positions. So not only does he displace our best left wingers, but gets in the way of our ‘talisman’.

Minimalist

Probably the worst performer of those that started. Even Fellaini (who was ineffective and strategically pointless) had his moments.

Passing was awful.

Devil81

Rooney2: massive wages, waning powers.
The only difference is we wouldn't struggle to get a buyer if we cut our losses this summer.

He's been that bad, I wouldn't be surprised if the club considered trying to offload the wages on to someone like PSG.

HakeemTheDreamOlajuwon

Supports
Real Madrid
I was against his transfer, already have Martial and Rashford from the left wing, needed someone coming from the right wing. Sanchez is very average doing so, Mahrez would have been a much better signing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony Babangida

Drop him for Martial in the cup. Play Mata on the right. Lingard and Lukaku through the middle. Pogba (if fit) and Matic in midfield.

He's done sweet FA since signing. Fergie never liked buying players in January.

Bobski

Does he ever try to go outside his man when on the left, cut inside, little floaty chips for a runner, or give the ball away.

Giggs gave the ball away a lot but he also held shape, opened the pitch up, did his defensive work and did it when it mattered.

MiceOnMeth

I really thought he was the missing piece to our attack who would unlock the best out of Pogba and Lukaku and make us a force again in Europe but all I've seen so far is a player who looks like hes on the decline if I'm honest..

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Rooney2: massive wages, waning powers.
I said this the other day. Sure take a punt on him, but these wages and the length of the contract is absolutely shocking business from us.

Kapardin

He's the reason we crashed out. Assume Jose would have gone with Martial/Rashford or Rashford/Mata or Martial/Mata on the wings otherwise. Martial/Mata would have been the best but all of the above are better than playing the Chilean Rooney.

Use him properly or drop him. He also is at fault because we expected him to have those moments of magic every top player has when they are not playing well. But if he is incapable of even that, it means he is declining.

Infra-red

I think everyone (including me) thought, and hoped, that his terrible form for most of the last year was primarily a result of him being in a massive sulk about being stuck at Arsenal. It is increasingly looking like everyone (including me) was wrong.

Gbenger

He's the reason we crashed out. Assume Jose would have gone with Martial/Rashford or Rashford/Mata or Martial/Mata on the wings otherwise. Martial/Mata would have been the best but all of the above are better than playing the Chilean Rooney.

Use him properly or drop him. He also is at fault because we expected him to have those moments of magic every top player has when they are not playing well. But if he is incapable of even that, it means he is declining.
I'm certain he has been shit for us but I think it's far too harsh to say he's the reason we crashed out. He is not the one selecting himself after all.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'm fecking mad at him. Comes in and players have to play out of position to accommodate him and he's not done anything to deserve all the upheaval he's caused.

I never really wanted him, and I'm quite worried right now. Could never figure out why some many fans were all over him and wanted him here.

Needs fecking benching now. He'll have to get some chemistry with our players some other time, because right now he's causing problems. FA cup and top four still to get so we should use the right players and stop experimenting with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.