Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He hasn't even had a decent game. He's been absolute shite every game
He was good in his first three or so matches for us. From memory most on here agreed he was our best player in two of them.

He's been shit since then though. Needs to be taken out for a while and then let him play himself into form and deserve the starting spot.

Devil81

He was good in his first three or so matches for us. From memory most on here agreed he was our best player in two of them.

He's been shit since then though. Needs to be taken out for a while and then let him play himself into form and deserve the starting spot.
To be fair one of those games was against Yeovil....

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Probably the worst performer of those that started. Even Fellaini (who was ineffective and strategically pointless) had his moments.

Passing was awful.
Nah, no one was worse than Fellaini tonight.

Fergie Steps In

i don't blame him at all. he is working his ass off. i think the way the team is set up around him does not give him enough passing options.

El Zoido

He’s been crap since he joined, I blame the tactics. These good players keep joining us then turning to garbage within 3 games. At what point do we stop calling players crap and start asking why this amazing coincidence of ruining players keeps happening.

11clarkie11

Invisible and he’s getting away with murder. The media inflated his wages to stupid levels but if the minimum of 300k is to be believed, he should still be a game changer, a player that can get a goal from nowhere or create something.

He gives the ball away 20+ times a game. He has 2 assists since January and his only goal came from a missed penalty.

If this was Lingard or Martial they’d have been crucified by now. He showed nothing at Arsenal for the first half of the season and has shown nohing for us since.

He needs to be dropped for a while and brought on later in games to prove himself.

Can7onA

Charlie Nicholas for once is bang on with Sanchez.

He deserves to be dropped, any rhythm with had with the team has been lost with everyone being shifted to accommodate him.

Drop him.

Silas

Getting tired of people saying "at least he worked hard". Couldn't care less when a load of the tracking back he does is a result of him giving the ball away in the first place.

red_devil83

Good by his standards should be 2 goal contributions per 3 games. If he did that in those matches, then fair enough.

The only thing I can remember him doing is missing a penalty though.

Castia

Well almost very player at the club is looking like shit. You can’t tell me Sanchez, Pogba, Lukaku (better now but had a piss poor few months) are bad players yet look they like they belong in league 1 with our system. Add Messi or whoever to our attack and they’d look just as bad. We must pass the ball 15 times a game outside of lumping it 40 yards to Lukaku, we have feck in a style of attacking play.

He needs dropping but then again so does half the team.

Jonty

Doesn't fit (along with others). $ell him to China

Last edited by a moderator:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I'm sure he will come good for you guys next season but he has been absolutely awful since he signed for you for some reason. I like him as a player and think on his day he is great but I've never thought of him as a world class player. Any idea what's going on with him?

el3mel

Should be benched for the rest of the season. He fecked our balance and doesn't offer anything for us to play him.

witchtrials

By sticking to the "moments of individual brilliance" theory of attacking we are basically inviting him to dribble into trouble.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Stick him on the right ffs. Maybe he won't be at his best but he may at least add something to us overall.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I've complimented him for being unrelenting since he came here, but tonight he wasn't even that.

Looks like a busted flush at the moment. But, it's very hard to try and assess any offensive player in our current setup, given that almost no-one is performing anywhere near their potential.

Bobski

By sticking to the "moments of individual brilliance" theory of attacking we are basically inviting him to dribble into trouble.
It is how he played at Arsenal and why his teammates got so frustrated with him. They have a style they want to play and Snachez just goes off message, leaves his position and does what he wants. In theory it should work at Utd because we have no style we want to play, should be heaven for a guy like Sanchez.

Djemba-Djemba

Utter shite again.

Should be dropped on Saturday. We're starting every game with 10 men.

Looks like he's going the way of Falcao and Di Maria and all the other high profile flops.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Really painful to watch tonight, time to bench him, give him a break and see what he can do in the closing matches of the season.

Goochy

Supports
Liverpool
It’s mind blowing to think you are going to get to see just how bad he’ll be in 4.5 years because there’s no way in hell a man who has proven he’s financially motivated will ever leave whilst on that contract.

marktan

I'm sure he will come good for you guys next season but he has been absolutely awful since he signed for you for some reason. I like him as a player and think on his day he is great but I've never thought of him as a world class player. Any idea what's going on with him?
He has the skillset of a midfielder, coupled with good finishing. As a wide attacker he doesn't have much - can't dribble past a man in the final third, doesn't make runs, can't get to the touchline. Technically he may be slighty better but skillset wise he's no different to what we already had - players like Mikhi and Mata.

Backrow Singer

i don't blame him at all. he is working his ass off. i think the way the team is set up around him does not give him enough passing options.
This sort of opinion only carries so far. A player with his ability (and wage) needs to be doing more than he did tonight no matter what the system is. Good players will always find a way and he isn’t and hasn’t.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He’s doing absolutely zero in the area of the pitch we signed him to make an impact.

I was impressed that he was tracking back and getting between the ball and opposing player when we needed it - but ultimately that was not what we hoped he would bring to the table.

Goals and assists are needed.

kundalini

That was one of his better performances for United; he has played far, far, worse in other games. I thought he did one or two good passes.

As for why he was on the pitch in the first place given his current form, that's up to the manager.

witchtrials

It is how he played at Arsenal and why his teammates got so frustrated with him. They have a style they want to play and Snachez just goes off message, leaves his position and does what he wants. In theory it should work at Utd because we have no style we want to play, should be heaven for a guy like Sanchez.
Yeah, that's one way of looking at it. But I suppose the other would be that there's more scope for a bit of mercurial talent in a side attacking as a team, but if the rest of the attacking play is completely unpatterned then it's just too much chaos, individual risk-taking and possession surrendering.

Last edited:

arthurka

He is well of pace. .. Again with taking a player in form and move him to give Sanchez who is well out a run... Cant understand it ...

Irrational.

He needs to be left out of the team for a while. If he's good enough he'll fight his way back into the team. If not, he'll go the way of Falcao.

Utdstar01

When we went into panic mode towards the end of the game he played alright. Its no wonder when we lift our tempo he looks a lot better but he's massively underperformed so far.

Gbenger

Those expecting Mourinho to bench him will be severely disappointed. It won't happen anytime soon unless we start losing enough games or Sanchez begins to scores multiple home goals in our match.

montpelier

There were occasional glimpses of quality on Saturday.

Apart from that, I think he's been completely atrocious.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Remember when we signed him and thought he’d help us challenge for the Champions League.
Yeah. Good times.

Don't think our set up helps him. That said he also looks atrocious at the moment and should probably spend some time on the bench. Either way, he should definitely be permanently removed from the left wing as his constant cutting on the right is doing my head in. Could be wrong, but I think he (again) could have easily taken first shot when he had that chance in the second half.

Vilev

Another dire performance. In a way these shit performance serves him and especially United right. Instead of just splashing money on has-beens like with Sanchez or Di Maria why can't United properly scout for players. And get those that are not only good, but would actually fit here.

For example did we really need Sanchez? With us having both Martial and Rashford who can play CF and LW? It's clear as day that Sanchez can't play through the center as a number 10 and with Ozil he never played like that in Arsenal. What we needed was someone who can play on the right. Or maybe trough the middle, but drifting to the right (allowing Mata to drift centrally). And we just bought Alexis because he could have been bought.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's been really bad.

So his poor form for Arsenal prior to joining us looks to actually be decline and not him having a cba feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.