5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

stepic

Codswallop. David Silva is 32 and still better than nearly anyone in the league.

Thought the lad looked class today - we can expect some wonderful stuff from him for a good few years yet.
i don't think you read my post correctly.

Rajma

The man is relentless and his attitude to the game is top notch, the tenacity that he poses should be infectious on the pitch and I do hope Martial can look up to him in that regard, as I feel that's the only missing part for him to flourish fully.

pseudo_canadian

Imagining him linking up with the likes of Pogba, Martial, and Lukaku makes me all tingly inside :drool:

Plus, it's still surreal to me that he's at United. Seeing him play today was one of the weirdest things I've seen in football.

Acole9

Outstanding
You can only beat what is in front of you but I thought he was excellent tonight. He really has got everything to his game, pace, tricks, short and long range passing. He's only been with us barely a week and he's already got the intelligence to know where our players are going to be to pick them out.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I think he's going to really influence our attacking play more than I thought. He looked so frustrated at our awful off the ball movement so many times last night and Mata's reluctance to actually play dangerous passes. Hopefully others take notice and we benefit.

Ibi Dreams

Was our best player in the first half, his ability to turn quickly virtually on the spot is amazing.

Antonedwin

Arsenal fans counting how many times he misplaced pass.
But we had enough of football without risk under van gaal so i don't care about that , his eyes sees movement & immediately pass without second thought , he play based on his instinct. In second half , imagine if it was martial instead of shaw / mc tee he put in with his through pass

eat_grass

Rather poor first half, although he did almost exclusively dictate play for United. Teamed up a lot with Mata, linking up very effectively.

The turnovers were a bit high, but not concerned too much since many of them were of the attacking type which are high risk, high reward.

He's always putting pressure on the opposition's defense, which is a fantastic attribute.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Arsenal fans counting how many times he misplaced pass.
But we had enough of football without risk under van gaal so i don't care about that , his eyes sees movement & immediately pass without second thought , he play based on his instinct. In second half , imagine if it was martial instead of shaw / mc tee he put in with his through pass
This is because most Arsenal fans live in their own tactical bubble; due to a tactically limited manager being dug into the hierarchy. All they know is Wenger tactics of trying to pass the ball into the net. So, a player like Sanchez that takes risks goes against Wenger's philosophy.

Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo all lose the ball the most in their team. But, they are the spark in the team that will do something out of nothing.

Sanchez was the heart of our attack; got two assists and created many chances. He's a forward but he was a playmaker in that game a very good one.

When Pogba, Martial and Lukaku come into this side...

Sandyman

He sure loves those floated balls to the other flank eh? Too bad he had Darmian at the end of most of them yesterday. Looked like was trying too hard. Also looked like we were trying to get the ball to him as much as possible and attacking through him. Hope he settles down soon.

kotha

Great debut..

Didn't even seem fully match fit and he was playing like that.. Can't wait for him to get a couple of weeks to get in sync with the team and then he'll be truly unleashed ..

After LVG's attrition football,great to see someone who is willing to take the risky pass.. The misplaced passes stat don't matter if he is willing to try the tougher ball.. Guess Arsenal fans like the whole passing into the net thing but he seems to be a direct player..

InfiniteBoredom

I just watched the video above and it seems like an ok-ish performance. Pitch looks bobbins though so that's probably why he looked to pass more instead of trying to go pass players.

He likes to have players around for link up so being on either flanks for us will be a waste. Have always maintained that he'd be best behind Lukaku and have Martial/Pogba etc providing outlets for him, and from the admittedly solitary performance so far, nothing's changed.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He was pretty good. People are going overboard with that peformance though. He had plenty of dodgy moments too.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why wouldnt Jose try him on the right considering thats an obvious need?
I don't think Jose intends to play him there. I'd love to see him on the right and Martial on the left but I think he'll most likely start on the left most times

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Jose will be missing a trick if he doesn't give him the Mata role on the RW with license to cut in and roam.

Him and Martial will benefit from each other since you can't double and triple mark them both all the time, these days most teams just double up on Martial and we lose our cutting edge.

Kapardin

He was pretty good. People are going overboard with that peformance though. He had plenty of dodgy moments too.
Have to factor in the reality that just a week ago, he was training with Arsenal. He has had little time to settle in, understand our team and was even playing with our second string. Plus, he hasn't played a competitive game for a few weeks. So it was a good performance under those circumstances.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
It was like they kept trying to injure him throughout the game. Some of those tackles! :houllier::eek:

POF

That counter attack. 4 vs 3, drew in the defender and found the extra man in space for a simple finish. How many similar opportunities have been wasted this season?

Some really good signs but I was surprised he only played on the left. After Mata went off, it would have been good to see him on the right.

yfoFC

Why do some keep talking about 2 assists ? It is only 1 isn' it ?
Just came in to post the exact same thing, I really wish people will stop saying that

It's like being constantly reminded about the girl you almost married but who didn't turn up for the wedding... you just wanna forget bout the whole thing. He should have had two assists but didn't, let's move on please

walkinhop

And the goal lingard scored today came from the right so already a good fit

Or I'm just bending over backwards to make sure Sanchez plays anywhere but the left :D

In all honesty though, he looked quality down the center and he and lingard can be interchanging during games as their movement is superb
I suppose we do that because so far Martial and Rashford have performed better on the left than anywhere else. The natural thing is to want them to continue there and fit the other 2 somewhere else.

Donut

Judging a performance just from highlights, even if it shows all of his touches, is not the same. You're losing a lot of the context.

He was class, and he erased all fears I had that he might have lost a step.

Dyslexic Untied

Just came in to post the exact same thing, I really wish people will stop saying that

It's like being constantly reminded about the girl you almost married but who didn't turn up for the wedding... you just wanna forget bout the whole thing. He should have had two assists but didn't, let's move on please
:lol:

Stringer

Heh?

beep

He's the 910th player to play for United.....the first Chilean & the 17th South American.

If he's the next* new scorer, he'll be the 497th player to score for us.....the first Chilean & the 14th South American [Varela (Uru), Romero (Arg) & Possebon (Bra) never scored for us].

*16 current players have not scored for us.....so #500 could come this season or the next. De Gea has now played 298 games, with no goals #timetogo

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
If anything I'm very happy that we brought in an unselfish team player (who works extremely hard as well), a much needed balance to the egoistical young group of players we have right now.
Do you mean Pogba, Rashford and ...

Status
Not open for further replies.