Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He keeps cutting in when they have the ball and leaving their right side open. Needs to stop that.

FromTheBench

If we have signed him to play Left.wing then we are idiots.

Or at least the manager is.

Inter Yer Nan

It's as i feared.
Typical "Di Maria syndrome". Sanchez is a great player, but when you buy someone like that, you must, simply must envision the exact way to use him. In this formation United simply does not work. Our left side is a disaster defensively as well. Trippier a RB is always against Young. Martial does not know waht to do. The whole thing is a mess.

This what you get, when you buy a great player, but have no plan whatsoever on how to use him.
I don't think 45 mins away against one of the best 3 teams in the country is a good enough barometer to completely close the book.

Bobski

Whoever played LB at Arsenal was always left exposed. Sanchez will press hard from the front but but he does not get back into shape and cover his wing. Always been an issue with him.

Bwuk

Play him centrally. He needs to be on the ball more.

Vilev

Its' his first game, and a formidable opposition and our forward players lost focus due to the chuckle brothers at CB making mistake after mistake. Calm down, Sanchez will eventually show his class.
Sure, Di Maria showed class as well. Pogba shows the class. But the problem remains. When you buy a top player, you need to use him in the team correctly. If not, even if the player shows occasional class, the team as a whole loses out.

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
Whoever played LB at Arsenal was always left exposed. Sanchez will press hard from the front but but he does not get back into shape and cover his wing. Always been an issue with him.
one of the reason we played 3 at the back so there was more cover out wide when both sanchez and ozil are known to go for wonders.

Must feel like he never left Arsenal.
:lol: . He's going home for more $$$, im sure hes happy :yawn:

Rossa

If there would have been a plan , it would be implemented from the start.
You do know what the "plan" is, right?
To think that one of the most successful managers in recent times plays without a plan is quite hilarious. The fact that you think you found that out is arguably even funnier.

Sigma

I think he has been good. Loving how hard working he is.

Kapardin

He has been his usual self, but it is buried under our Arsenalesque collapse. The other forwards can't seem to handle pressure at all, and that would naturally affect his game.

Vilev

To think that one of the most successful managers in recent times plays without a plan is quite hilarious.
As is Fellaini stuff right now.
The fact is that Sanchez started on the left. That was a disaster. Then Jose moved him to the middle. So it's safe to assume that there was not any plan. Jose simply wanted to get to City, we all know how petty he is. And to get a top player that could create moments in attack, without a clear attacking play. Simply on his talent.

Paul778

Good job the window closes in a couple of hours. More games like this and Alexis would have been pushing for a double move to mirror Fellanis double sub.

LJJT

Not sure if this is sarcastic but he’s done absolutely nothing to help young out and protect him. We’ve been well beat but suspect mourinho will start to park the bus again after this playing defensive wide men. Shocking display all round

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Looks too good for us.

He’s tried things but our other attackers are too brain dead to react to it.

Kapardin

Not sure if this is sarcastic but he’s done absolutely nothing to help young out and protect him. We’ve been well beat but suspect mourinho will start to park the bus again after this playing defensive wide men. Shocking display all round
Top teams don't play with Young as FB.

Get functional FBs for starters and we will look better. And if we had a striker like Kane, then Sanchez would have atleast had an assist in the first half.

Sigma

Not sarcastic, I think he has been working hard.

Rossa

As is Fellaini stuff right now.
The fact is that Sanchez started on the left. That was a disaster. Then Jose moved him to the middle. So it's safe to assume that there was not any plan. Jose simply wanted to get to City, we all know how petty he is. And to get a top player that could create moments in attack, without a clear attacking play. Simply on his talent.
I think I'll consider putting you on ignore - and that would be a first. Sanchez has played in all front three positions, and he is new to the club.When certain players become available, you take them. Simple as, and then it may take a little while to get that player to gel.

TsuWave

clearly targeted by spurs today. kicked and fouled so many times

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Everyone seems to be jealous of his salary. Both Yoeville and Spurs were kicking the shit out of his.

Vilev

I think I'll consider putting you on ignore - and that would be a first.
Wow, i would lose so much sleep over that. A random guy on a forum.
When certain players become available, you take them
Better managers actually take people that will improve the team. That is the only way to achieve real, long-term success. And star-grabbing did not do anybody any favors actually. Take Real maybe a decade back, when they picked up a lot of top players, but lost the team instead.

I think that if you buy a player like Sanchez or Pogba for example, you need to have a clear plan on where and how to use him. If you start shifting him around that means you have not thought it through enough. Also quite simple that.

Red Devil Rising

Don't know what this obsession is with shoe horning him into the left of central position.

He spent all of his career pre Arsenal out on the right. Keep him there.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Don't worry Alexis, the end of the week is arriving ££££. He's gonna drop a level at United because there is not the same attacking patterns/mentality he's used to.

caid

Sigh ...
I hope last 2 games are mourinho trying to help him settle in a familiar position before moving him to right wing ...
or basically any position other than left wing where hes a marginal improvement if any.

Sterling Archer

Had more tackles in midfield and defense than Pogba. Let's hope this is the lowest point of his United career.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Don't worry Alexis, the end of the week is arriving ££££. He's gonna drop a level at United because there is not the same attacking patterns/mentality he's used to.
Either that or he's bought the Arsenal disease with him.

Kag

Is he overrated deadwood that needs replaced with Dybala (or the next poor cnut we sign) yet?

Rossa

Wow, i would lose so much sleep over that. A random guy on a forum.
Better managers actually take people that will improve the team. That is the only way to achieve real, long-term success. And star-grabbing did not do anybody any favors actually. Take Real maybe a decade back, when they picked up a lot of top players, but lost the team instead.

I think that if you buy a player like Sanchez or Pogba for example, you need to have a clear plan on where and how to use him. If you start shifting him around that means you have not thought it through enough. Also quite simple that.
I just find it amusing that you think you know tactics better than Mourinho. Few shifted players around more than Ferguson did, but that worked pretty well - did he lack tactics as well? Rooney played striker, left mid, right mid, number ten etc.

The only thing I agree with, which is very sensible, is that star-grabbing will not work long term, and it will be detrimental to the club.

Sanchez, on the other hand, is exactly the kind of player United lacked - a player that can make things happen against teams that park the bus. He has agility, quick feet and an eye for a pass. I think he is best suited centrally or on the right and play Martial on the left.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
The only player worthy of some kind of wage tonight. He was everywhere. Getting knocked about.

Status
Not open for further replies.