5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueHaze

Well we were all hoping that he would do better this season, I think it's safe to say that will never happen. We just have to accept this is what we will get out from him. He's 30 soon and won't exactly get better. He's also on a ridiculous contract so all in all I'd say this was a terrible deal. We got the same shite out of Mikhi and he was on 3 times less wages.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Martial was no better. There, I said it.
So thats the bar? To be better than they guy who hardly gets a game? Hes utter trash and has been since he arrived.

Jericholyte2

Why this guy walked back into the team, especially after Martial had a good game on Wednesday, is completely beyond me!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
No. I said it cause Martials game is being called a good one.
Personally he has been better in a United shirt under Jose than Sanchez.
Its besides the point though Sanchez has been rubbish, not just talking about today, he needs to see the bench.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He can't catch a break? Maybe he should rely on his supposed ability than blind luck.
Yeah, i don't like that bit either. I just wanted to post the stat really. I agree with you about the "can't catch a break" part

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's a fraud at the moment, and he should be on the bench. I feel maybe he is getting played to try and get some value out of him to ship him off ASAP. Put Martial back on the left wing and let him get back into the form he had last season before Sanchez came and took his spot and was allowed to play through it despite the same performances we're seeing today. I get that Martial doesn't have the same motor as Sanchez, but he's far more productive and doesn't lose the ball nearly as much and when he does, it's usually in the last third without too much danger. Sanchez may run all over the pitch, but his inability to keep the ball within the team's possession makes him a much higher liability without the production that Martial can offer.

kr0nix

Oh yes. That's true. He's better than me, can't deny that.
Sorry, perhaps that was a bit vague. I should have added that you've probably got Martial beat at playing piano, at the least. I see potential for a long and illustrious career playing jingles for classical radio stations and the like.

Ban

Sorry, perhaps that was a bit vague. I should have added that you've probably got Martial beat at playing piano, at the least. I see potential for a long and illustrious career playing jingles for classical radio stations and the like.
I know few things on a guitar, does that count?

Canagel

Time to be dropped. Enough is enough. The Wolves winger looked more dangerous than him. He isn't giving us what we need.

Walters_19_MuFc

That's because pre season is lower level than friendly games. Fletcher was by far our best player few years ago during pre season when he had problems with his fitness/ilness, and finished at WBA that season, he couldn't keep up after two games in premiership. Pre season form means feck all.

There's two possible reasons for his poor form:
a) he is simply not even close to the player he was - more likely considering it's quite obvious he is not at his best when you look at his pace and explosivness, it's not at that level it used to be
b) Mourinho doesn't know how to get the best out of him - less likely considering he hardly had any good games for us even during rare moments when the team played well.
Regardless of whether it's a lower level or not, you can still see where a player is more comfortable.

Sanchez's best games were against AC Milan and Real Madrid, where he played through the middle.

If Mourinho gives him a run of games down the middle and he's shite, then by all means, call him finished, but it's clear he's not a winger. It's like playing Mata and Lingard there. We're not going to see consistent performances because they're not wingers.

JSArsenal

I must say that I’m amazed that a guy who was happy to sack it off in his last season at Arsenal has found it hard to just flick the switch and come back into form.
He didn't sack it off. Wenger could have played Sanchez in a Carling Cup game, he still would have ran his socks off and played like it was the world cup final.

He tried in his last season with us as well. I just think his body is tired from the constant years of football without a break. I think he played summer football for three or four years in a row. His style of play compounded with the constant football has led to what you see now.

This has always been his game though. He used to lose the ball a LOT at Arsenal. A Barcelona fan could tell you if it was the same for them. He just used to score and assist a lot which he doesn't now.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Our main attacking threat comes from Lukaku. Without him we'd be even worse. Granted he's had a terrible game today and he does miss sitters at times but he's the only one who carries a consistent goal threat. Sanchez is struggling big time with our style of play (or lack of). The real issue at United is that we're piss simple to defend against because we only ever attack from 2 areas. The Left (majority of the time) and the middle. The issue comes from our strategy and changing players around won't fix anything until we have a radical change in our attacking tactics.

If we were thinking of changing personal, just give Martial a run of games and see if he can get back to pre Sanchez form.
That's my idea though really. Sanchez for more movement and better control up top, actually have a right side of some sort with Lukaku on the right, and Martial a run of games on the left. Personally think it's worth a try, at least until we can do more about it.

cantaldo

It's amazing that whilst Fellaini thrives at the club, Sanchez is a complete flop, as bad as he may be there has to be more to him otherwise why was Guardiola so desperate to try and sign him just over 6 months ago?

Castia

He's not a left winger anymore, he cant play that position at all. He needs dropping or trying upfront through the middle because he's been constantly shit then subbed in almost every game it seems.

2-3 goals since joining in January? that's fecking insane.

kr0nix

I know few things on a guitar, does that count?
Worth a shot, can't do any worse than the shite you're serving up on the pitch these days. You also seem to have a talent for taking cute dog photos so there's something to think about too.

Ban

Worth a shot, can't do any worse than the shite you're serving up on the pitch these days. You also seem to have a talent for taking cute dog photos so there's something to think about too.
It was fun for a while but now you're pushing it.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Regardless of whether it's a lower level or not, you can still see where a player is more comfortable.

Sanchez's best games were against AC Milan and Real Madrid, where he played through the middle.

If Mourinho gives him a run of games down the middle and he's shite, then by all means, call him finished, but it's clear he's not a winger. It's like playing Mata and Lingard there. We're not going to see consistent performances because they're not wingers.
He was a winger/inside forward for best part of his career though, and he was at his best there. I doubt he can play much better in some different position. I also don't see what should we do with Lukaku if we play him centrally.

Walters_19_MuFc

He was a winger/inside forward for best part of his career though, and he was at his best there. I doubt he can play much better in some different position. I also don't see what should we do with Lukaku if we play him centrally.
So why was he shite on the wings in pre season and our best player when played centrally?

I was talking about playing he and Lukaku together in a 4231/4411, with Sanchez slightly behind.

Mark Armstrong

I want him to succeed, and I can see he tries hard. But right now I can't help but think he is better at playing the piano than playing for us. Persistence is key, all he can do is keep trying to gel.
Maybe if he'd offer to play on the right I might be less frustrated, because I hate seeing Martial on the bench.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
The best season he had for Arsenal was when he played up top, he had also a better movement around him but that could be fixed, don't think we are also less creative then them, so play him instead of even worse Lukaku up top, artial on the left and Lukaku on the right / bench, if that doesn't work just bench him. show some guts JOse!

Bobski

I didn't want him, but he has been far worse than I could ever have feared.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
So why was he shite on the wings in pre season and our best player when played centrally?

I was talking about playing he and Lukaku together in a 4231/4411, with Sanchez slightly behind.
I don't know, it's really hard to judge from small sample of games. Anyway, he is really poor wide, so even if he is better centrally I doubt he is that much better because this level of his performances is really low, even if he is playing totally out of position.

I wouldn't be against it, but I doubt Mourinho would play formation with two forwards through the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.