g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Alexis Sanchez image 7

Alexis Sanchez Chile flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Another signing that wasn't needed. Signed him just for the sake of it. Just typifies our total lack of vision from the top. He will be Rooney MK 2 with his performances/wages , only difference being Rooney at least gave us many years at the top of his game.
He was absolutely needed. The Sanchez that was at Arsenal would have elevated this team, and as it stands, we still need to go back in the market and spend the money to buy what we thought we were getting with Sanchez.

Dybala is the only one I reckon who could be available at an age where he’s ready, although he’s not quite as explosive.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's time to stay away from high-profile marquee signings like Sanchez unless they have shown fantastic form shortly before any potential transfer. Sanchez was already not the same player anymore throughout the first 6 months of 17/18 and he continued the declined form at United.
We should make more, eventually we'll strike gold.

el3mel

Don't know, they'd probably convince themselves they could win a CL with a front line of Ronaldo, Sanchez and Costa.
Dybala means too much for them. I don't think they will ever sell him, not with the current market prices.

We're stuck with Sanchez unfortunately, until a Chinese club comes to take him.

crossy1686

career ending
Dybala means too much for them. I don't think they will ever sell him, not with the current market prices.

We're stuck with Sanchez unfortunately, until a Chinese club comes to take him.
We're definitely not stuck with him at all. There are various ways to offload him if we wanted to, we'd just have to take a hit.

el3mel

We're definitely not stuck with him at all. There are various ways to offload him if we wanted to, we'd just have to take a hit.
His insane wages and massive decline are big issues. Will he even agree a pay cut to move ? I mean even fecking Rojo didn't agree on a pay cut to go to Everton and thus we're stuck with him.

crossy1686

career ending
It's his wages that are the problem not the transfer fee
People keep saying this but it's really not.

As long as we pay out his contract his wages are not an issue. Sanchez knows he's on a lot of money and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be expecting a pay rise if he was to leave, he wouldn't even be expecting parity the way he's played since joining us.

We take a bid of say, £30m. Give it all to him and buy out his contract, making him a free agent then let him discuss new terms with the club that made the offer. Same thing Bilbao do whenever they sell a player.

Devil81

It seems the more excited I get about signings these days the more disappointed I get.

Sanchez, Falcao, Di Maria, Schweinsteiger,Mhkitaryn and we're honest Pogba. They've all failed to live up to the standards we expected when signing them.

Sanchez is the worst though, I honestly can't believe how bad he's been. We swapped him for Mhki who cost us 30 million and was pretty crap other than a few games, the sad thing is I'd take him back in a heartbeat if we could rewind the clock. Mourinho would at least drop the lad if he was crap, Sanchez is basically in the team due to his wages.

crossy1686

career ending
His insane wages and massive decline are big issues. Will he even agree a pay cut to move ? I mean even fecking Rojo didn't agree on a pay cut to go to Everton and thus we're stuck with him.
If we payout his contract and make him a free agent it doesn't matter what his wages are. As long as the bidding club cover the cost of his contract we should just accept the offer.

el3mel

If we payout his contract and make him a free agent it doesn't matter what his wages are. As long as the bidding club cover the cost of his contract we should just accept the offer.
Won't that cost us a lot just to get rid of him ?

crossy1686

career ending
Won't that cost us a lot just to get rid of him ?
As you said, no one will make a big bid and pay him around £200k a week, which is the going rate for someone like him. We'd either have to give him away on a free, swap him or pay out his contract.

Best case scenario, we accept a bid of £30m, tell him that if successfully agrees a move away we'll pay out his contract which is somewhere in the region of £30m. He gets £30m in his back pocket tomorrow and a new deal elsewhere, even if it is a lower salary he'll still be making more money than he would have if still at United. Also, we get rid of him and it doesn't hit us in the pocket.

Devil81

I'd say you'd have to give him away for free with the salary he's on. Who would pay 40 million and 400k a week in wages for Sanchez now?

He's not going to walk away from a contract like that, why would he?

el3mel

As you said, no one will make a big bid and pay him around £200k a week, which is the going rate for someone like him. We'd either have to give him away on a free, swap him or pay out his contract.

Best case scenario, we accept a bid of £30m, tell him that if successfully agrees a move away we'll pay out his contract which is somewhere in the region of £30m. He gets £30m in his back pocket tomorrow and a new deal elsewhere, even if it is a lower salary he'll still be making more money than he would have if still at United. Also, we get rid of him and it doesn't hit us in the pocket.
Thinking about it, can see this happening if he's still as shite coming Jan. Will be an ironic ending to such a signing though. :lol:

Devil81

A new club wouldn't have to pay £400k a week if we released him.
To release him you'd have to pay up his contract....

It's rumoured he's earning 20 million a year in wages, over the next four years that's 80 million. We'd have to agree on a buyout figure with Sanchez to get him to agree to leave that contract, we're basically fecked.

crossy1686

career ending

It's rumoured he's earning 20 million a year in wages, over the next four years that's 80 million. We'd have to agree on a buyout figure with Sanchez to get him to agree to leave that contract, we're basically fecked.
We're not, he's not bigger than the club. We don't hand out daft contracts that don't benefit us in any way shape of form. They'll be performance based clauses in his contract and probably a release clause.

Honestly what possessed Woodward to agree to that kind of deal? especially at his age.

Devil81

We're not, he's not bigger than the club. We don't hand out daft contracts that don't benefit us in any way shape of form. They'll be performance based clauses in his contract and probably a release clause.
I don't think so, we were so desperate to sign the lad we allowed him to have our pants down. City fans are laughing their heads off at this situation, he could have been stinking out their team right now.

C3Pique

Can't believe we waited so long to get rid of the Rooney albatross only to replace him with an even bigger dud. Just as the team seemed to be turning a post-Rooney corner we've lumped ourselves with another overpaid, underperforming fraud who's living off better days gone by, whilst taking game time from more deserving younger players. Wouldn't surprise me if he's another Woodward acquisition designed to sell shirts over winning games.

Maybe Becks will do us a favour and take him to Miami.

JSArsenal

Honestly what possessed Woodward to agree to that kind of deal? especially at his age.
Probably because Sanchez was basically "Free". United didn't have to pay a transfer fee so Sanchez and his agent naturally demanded higher wages. I'd imagine they pointed out Sanchez's commercial brand and how much money he could make the club through merchandising.

Mkhi is apparently on £200k a week, making him our third highest earner (Lacazette might be on par with him). That swap was probably one of the worst swap deals in recent memory. Neither side appears to have been better for it.

johanovic

Sell him to the States or China. I was at the game today and he was just dreadful. Play one of the youngsters instead.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
I hardly followed football around the time he signed as I became a father, so pardon my ignorance, but...

Is he really on 400k per week? How? Why?

Russell_eire

Every game that goes by, he looks more and more like he will be off to China by the end of next summer.

Three years ago, he was one of the two or three best players in the league.

I had hoped that his bad half season for Arsenal last year would prove to be a blip once he moved to United, but he has just continued to decline instead.

IrishGlen

Underwhelming to say the least and even that is quite complimentary to him. A disaster of a signing.

It baffles me how he’s still starting games and really Rashford/Martial should be given an extended run of games on the left however I don’t think that’s going to happen.

I know he gets an extra 70k or so per start and I was wondering if his contract requires him to start a certain percentage of games (think Thiago at Barcelona). I might be clutching at straws but on form he shouldn’t be anyway near the starting 11.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Hopefully the last we see of him as a starter, at least for a while. It's time to give Martial an actual run, 10 games or so at least to let him find some consistency, then he can also be judged fairly.

Status
Not open for further replies.