5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

badkins

Apparently it will only cost £13m to release him from his contract. Best signing we could make to be honest.
Is there any source for that? Seems way too low.

As football leaks mentioned, he's on 391k/week contract, plus start bonuses (75k) and annual signing on fee of another million or so.
That's at least 21-22m/year without bonuses. 13m is worth like 1/6th of his contract, which is until 2022.

Devil81

Pay him up and get him gone, a complete disaster and has no place at our club anymore.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.

As football leaks mentioned, he's on 391k/week contract, plus start bonuses (75k) and annual signing on fee of another million or so.
That's at least 21-22m/year without bonuses. 13m is worth like 1/6th of his contract, which is until 2022.
It must mean us paying half his starting salary? The start bonus won't count, in fact, it hasn't counted for quite a while. First start today for many months I think.

crossy1686

career ending

https://www.90min.com/posts/6359930...rce=zoomd&view_medium=zoomd&view_term=sanchez

As much as Ed knows nothing of football, he knows a lot about money. Sanchez will have an early release clause in his contract if things don't work out. £13m sounds reasonable for all parties. We wouldn't have handed him that contract knowing we'd have to pay out the full amount if he was shit.

Jazz

Red_Aaron

He's somehow managed to become one of my favourite ever non-united players and at the same time become one of my least favourite ever united players.

I reckon he's physically fine but once again just didn't fancy it today. The whole sorry saga has been an absolute shambles.

Tbh I'm gonna pretend we never signed him, I doubt we'll see him again anyway

Irwin99

45 games...5 goals. Even if you thought he was losing it a bit in his final (half) season with Arsenal no one could have anticipated this. Worse than Di Maria by far.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He looked decent early on, even the commentator mentioned how lively he was.

But his time here is jinxed. Mis firing team, him either in bad form or terminal decline, and injuries on top.

Needs a move away. I wonder if he might even write some of the wages off to get away.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
45 games...5 goals. Even if you thought he was losing it a bit in his final (half) season with Arsenal no one could have anticipated this. Worse than Di Maria by far.
Yep, even Di Maria had a terrific month!

badkins

https://www.90min.com/posts/6359930...rce=zoomd&view_medium=zoomd&view_term=sanchez

As much as Ed knows nothing of football, he knows a lot about money. Sanchez will have an early release clause in his contract if things don't work out. £13m sounds reasonable for all parties. We wouldn't have handed him that contract knowing we'd have to pay out the full amount if he was shit.
Manchester United are prepared to continue paying half of floundering forward Alexis Sanchez's £26m salary

Well, it basically says we're willing to pay 50% of his salary, doesn't say neither for how long nor if it's a one-time payment only.

Let's just hope that some Chinese club will come to the rescue.

settembrini

That article is saying it would cost us £13m just to subsidise his wages while we loan him out for a season. It's nothing to do with terminating his contract, that would cost far more.

Jazz

Manchester United are prepared to continue paying half of floundering forward Alexis Sanchez's £26m salary

Well, it basically says we're willing to pay 50% of his salary, doesn't say neither for how long nor if it's a one-time payment only.

Let's just hope that some Chinese club will come to the rescue.
Or just basically tell him he won't be playing for us again so it's up to him to either sit on his ass collecting money, or he takes a lower wage and goes elsewhere. We have to work something out with him because he must go.

Dve

I thought Sanchez was United best player first half, and I also thought he looked "on" in his latest cameos. I felt he was on in way up just before his last injury, and I´m happy to see he´s continuing where he left. Sanchez in form is still good enough I can see him contributing a lot more next season if he´s staying.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I thought Sanchez was United best player first half, and I also thought he looked "on" in his latest cameos. I felt he was on in way up just before his last injury, and I´m happy to see he´s continuing where he left. Sanchez in form is still good enough I can see him contributing a lot more next season if he´s staying.
No white text... :nervous:

Meep

I'm with those that thought he looked good first half. Maybe it was the opposition but he looked better on the ball, did some good passes and moved along quite nicely. Sad to see him injured again as I was hoping to see him end the season with some confidence building.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Please let today be the last time he ever plays for us

hobbers

Just goes to show how his body has packed up now.

Even when he plays "okay", he can't even last an hour without something going.

Absolutely finished at this level. No hope at all.

Dve

Well, I´m not taking into account his salary when giving him my rating. For today´s match, people on this forum are giving him 3,1 in average, which does not mirror his performance. He was United most aggressive player, and on several occasions he won the ball back in good position for United, plus he was involved in pretty much everything United created first half.

Al-T

Even Michael Owen wore the Number 7 shirt with more distinction.

GeorgieBoy

The most spineless cnut that has ever played for us; worse than Di Maria who at least seemed to give a shit and played well for the early stages. It is disgusting what we are paying him.

humdinger

The most spineless cnut that has ever played for us; worse than Di Maria who at least seemed to give a shit and played well for the early stages. It is disgusting what we are paying him.
Come on. He’s been hugely disappointing but to say he doesn’t give a shit? He always tries his best, it’s just that his best is pretty shit these days, sadly. He’s not one for ambling around or never showing for the bell.

What a disappointing signing he’s been. Really thought he’d propel us up another level (or two).

GeorgieBoy

Come on. He’s been hugely disappointing but to say he doesn’t give a shit? He always tries his best, it’s just that his best is pretty shit these days, sadly. He’s not one for ambling around or never showing for the bell.

What a disappointing signing he’s been. Really thought he’d propel us up another level (or two).
Yeah perhaps I was being unfair. But the fall from grace was so drastic that it can't just be down to a complete loss of ability. Think the pay check might have made him a bit too comfortable.

crossy1686

career ending
You know, when Valencia was given the number 7 shirt, I was underwhelmed. Then Owen was given the number 7 shirt and I thought SAF was taking the piss. Now we have Coco the fecking clown wearing it, Jones or Young will be wearing it next, you watch.

It's not even got that magic to it anymore has it? 'Hey Sancho, you fancy joining us? We'll let you wear the number 7 shirt like the greats before you, you know, Sanchez, Depay, Di Maria'.

m1tch

You know, when Valencia was given the number 7 shirt, I was underwhelmed. Then Owen was given the number 7 shirt and I thought SAF was taking the piss. Now we have Coco the fecking clown wearing it, Jones or Young will be wearing it next, you watch.

It's not even got that magic to it anymore has it? 'Hey Sancho, you fancy joining us? We'll let you wear the number 7 shirt like the greats before you, you know, Sanchez, Depay, Di Maria'.
I'd retire the shirt, it's not worth the risk in giving it to another player in case they turn out like any of the last 5 to have it.

Thomas Hunter

He's been good today, maybe our best player during the first half. Honestly I dont understand somme comments, Alexis always works hard on the pitch, agressive, and team mentality. Unfortunately his best days are behind him.

Our worst ever signing.

It's not even close IMO.
There's been some worst signings under Ferguson: Bebe, Kleberson, Djemba-Djemba to name a few.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Congratulations. He has been awarded the worst transfer ever title at Manchester United.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I lost word on why he struggles this much, and I am not sure if there is any club will take him given his wages anymore. He is even harder to move on than Bale.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

We were desperate to outbid City remember.
I doubt Ed for even a second thought he'd turn into a poorer version of latter day Rooney.

It's our most expensive mistake in 3 decades.

tomaldinho1

He's been good today, maybe our best player during the first half. Honestly I dont understand somme comments, Alexis always works hard on the pitch, agressive, and team mentality. Unfortunately his best days are behind him.

There's been some worst signings under Ferguson: Bebe, Kleberson, Djemba-Djemba to name a few.
Alexis is easily worse than these signing. On the pitch he's done next to nothing but off the pitch, his signing's implications are devastating us

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Easily the worst transfer ever at United.

He is a joke at this stage and the sooner he leaves the better.

Epic epic mistake

Revaulx

At least Valencia had the sense and decency to ask for his old number back after losing form having been given the 7.

T_Model101

He needs to be forced out akin to how Fergie forced out the likes of Barthez when he was deemed surplus to requirements

He needs to be stripped of the number 7 shirt and told he's surplus to requirements

The 25% wage cut he now has to take may at least make it possible to get him out somewhere on loan, whether Serie A or La Liga. I imagine he'd be on £295k a week basic now, maybe Atletico or Inter may take a risk on him, paying half his wages.
£8M a season may be seen as a risk worth taking for them
We can only hope

Status
Not open for further replies.