Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
If Mkhitaryan is really the key to this deal, I can see it being problematic. He's probably on a pretty good contract right now and Arsenal may not want to match the money we're currently paying him.

He may very well chose to remain here and just collect.

Thecarrickfan_2016

Can some of you calm down, the deal will get done in time. I think some of you need to take time out of this thread as well in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

WPMUFC

That does seem to make a lot of sense. At this point it's all about controlling the narrative.

That's exactly what I was thinking! We are literally the smartest people in the universe.
Jame Jackson's tweet Reeks of agent/player PR. It's all about mkhi "making his own decision" in the tweet.

I think the last thing Mkhi wants and Raiola obvious agrees as he is the agent, is that he would turn up to arsenal and be seen as the "second tier goods".

The narrative being set by Raiola via Jackson and other is that mkhi can stay......but he chose arsenal ;)

Sparky Rhiwabon

If Mkhitaryan is really the key to this deal, I can see it being problematic. He's probably on a pretty good contract right now and Arsenal may not want to match the money we're currently paying him.

Either way this is effectively the end of his career at United

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal

Mino Raiola, known for getting his players amazing deals, looks to be putting pressure on United to give the 28 year old a pay off which would make up for the shortfall in wages he’d have to take if he joined the Gunners.

http://news.arseblog.com/2018/01/ra...hez-unless-mkhitaryan-agrees-to-join-arsenal/

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The problem with saying that the wage/fee that was agreed in the summer should be the same now is that the only who benefits of that is City because they will not pay Arsenal 60m now.
Ofc Sanchez should expect more money. Not his fault City waited until the end of the transfer window to push the deal.
Besides we were not part of the scene back then. He could well prefer United's offer now that we've made an offer. And if he really really wanted a move to City why would be even agree to a move to us? If it's money then he didnt want the city move much to begin with.

Either way I don't see that view as irrational. Just interesting how City appear to have a lot of sympathy and goodwill from the media.

shaky

We'll just pay him the difference in contracts if it comes to it. I doubt we'd let this deal slip over £10m or so.

Member 5225

I hope the mods on here will clamp down on the inevitable backlash against Mkhi from the idiots who post on here.
Sure - we’ll all chat about his incredible contribution instead.

The emperor with no clothes!

Silas

The "Mkhi decided to join arsenal" PR narrative is swing into full effect.

Raiola and Mkhi don't want the sale to be seen as an outcast leaving. They want the PR to show Mkhi "Chose arsenal"
This is a good take on it. Wouldn't be surprised if Mhki was open to the move from the start, but they're stalling for that very reason.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
It is a non sense argument. What is this? 1960's drama? Who cares about gentleman agreements? Any agreement would come into picture if City had already gotten a bid accepted with Arsenal, negotiated terms with Sanchez and then he made an about turn after United came into the picture with bigger deal. City are not going to make a decision against their interests just out of some honour code. I have no idea why people continue to peddle this non sense anyway. City have given a perfectly valid reason as to why they pulled out. Inflated as it may be , they do have a wage structure in place and don't want to upset it. Even that argument is not foolproof IMO given players signed for free always get inflated wages and the fact that outlay for another attacking player in Sanchez tier would cost them much more.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Jose is happy for him to leave 18months in, what does that tell you?
That he's not good enough for United. I don't blame him for not wanting to leave though, Arsenal are most likely going to give him less wages per week which probably annoys him, and he's leaving a team in 2nd for a team in 5th. We may want him to leave, but in the end it's his choice

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Unless he’s Sanchez’ agent too, I’m wondering why he thinks Mkhi holds the key?

Can someone enlighten me?

JohnnyKills

We've got to handle this one carefully, as Raiola also represents Pogba. He's already taken Pog away from us once.

No point getting Sánchez and losing an even better player as a consequence.

Trizy

So, we're getting money + Sanchez? I'd imagine we'll get £10m in cash too, which will cover the agents fee.

Free swap by just increasing the wages left over by Mkh. Good business that.

minoo-utd

Try to be logic, try to speak english lad. Theres a difference between wanting to replace Mkhi with Sanchez and abusing the poor cnut which is what a lot of wankers will do.
No abuses but surely we want him to go. He failed here, if he was good enough, people tune would have been a bit different.

Status
Not open for further replies.