Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balljy

Exactly. We've lost an asset worth at least £25m in the current market, even if the Sanchez signing on fee is £10m, plus £10m for the agent, it's cost the club £45m minimum. Still a good deal, but not 'free'.
Surely if you're including the lost of asset of Mhiki you have to add in the value (to the club now as he would actually be worth a lot more than £25 million if we decided to sell) of the asset coming in?

I agree it's not free, but the cost is effectively the signing on fee and the agent fees. The players are a straight swap.

spwd

Yea it is a bit ridiculous, we swapped Mkhi for Sanchez. Mkhi had 2.5 years left on his contract, his marketprice is surely around £35m, so we paid £35m (or whatever you would value Mkhi at) for Sanchez and not 0£. On top of that It seems that we had to also buy out Mkhi's contract to get him to agree to switch to Arsenal. I don't know what his salary is but I've been reading amounts between 140k and 200k per week so if it is true we bought his 2.5 year contract out than that would have cost us somewhere between £18m-£26m. That is not taking into account whatever amount we agreed to pay Sanchez as a signing fee, it is not taking into account how much money we are paying to Felicevich (Sanchez is agent) and it is also possible we are paying something to Railoa to make this swap deal happen. All that ofcourse on top of making Sanchez one of the best paid players in the world (his salary will be huge).

This deal is an absolute steal but to say we are getting Sanchez for free is really ridiculous.

So we’re back up to £180m then :lol:

Cheekiey

Just seen Rojo on the train got a pic with him, proves Mourinho has given the players 2 days off

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yea it is a bit ridiculous, we swapped Mkhi for Sanchez. Mkhi had 2.5 years left on his contract, his marketprice is surely around £35m, so we paid £35m (or whatever you would value Mkhi at) for Sanchez and not 0£. On top of that It seems that we had to also buy out Mkhi's contract to get him to agree to switch to Arsenal. I don't know what his salary is but I've been reading amounts between 140k and 200k per week so if it is true we bought his 2.5 year contract out than that would have cost us somewhere between £18m-£26m. That is not taking into account whatever amount we agreed to pay Sanchez as a signing fee, it is not taking into account how much money we are paying to Felicevich (Sanchez is agent) and it is also possible we are paying something to Railoa to make this swap deal happen. All that ofcourse on top of making Sanchez one of the best paid players in the world (his salary will be huge).

This deal is an absolute steal but to say we are getting Sanchez for free is really ridiculous.
That would make sense of it didn’t ignore the fact that Sanchez himself also has value.

Yes, Mkhitaryan isn’t the equivalent of ‘£0’, he’s about £35m. So does that mean Arsenal got him for free? No, obviously not.

If two people swap assets worth £35m each, it’s fair to say they were ‘free’.

Yea it is a bit ridiculous, we swapped Mkhi for Sanchez. Mkhi had 2.5 years left on his contract, his marketprice is surely around £35m, so we paid £35m (or whatever you would value Mkhi at) for Sanchez and not 0£. On top of that It seems that we had to also buy out Mkhi's contract to get him to agree to switch to Arsenal. I don't know what his salary is but I've been reading amounts between 140k and 200k per week so if it is true we bought his 2.5 year contract out than that would have cost us somewhere between £18m-£26m.
Of course we didn’t buy out Miki’s contract, and give him £18m to bugger off, start applying some common sense will you.

Furthermore he’s not worth £35m, he’s had one good season in FIVE! Really couldn’t see anyone paying that amount for him, it’s Arsenal probably saving face so they can declare that they have got £35m for Sanchez, the reality is that we would be lucky to have offloaded him for £10m, and that 2.5 year contract was more of a hinderance for us.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Why the hell would we buy out Mkhitaryan's contract?
It could have been a demand from Raiola, asking for a sort of golden parachute for his client in order to agree on signing for Arsenal. Seeing as the entire deal was dependant on Mkhi agreeing to go to Arsenal, you can bet Raiola used that to get Mkhi and himself a good pay day out of our pockets.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Of course we didn’t buy out Miki’s contract, and give him £18m to bugger off, start applying some common sense will you.

Furthermore he’s not worth £35m, he’s had one good season in FIVE! Really couldn’t see anyone paying that amount for him, it’s Arsenal probably saving face so they can declare that they have got £35m for Sanchez, the reality is that we would be lucky to have offloaded him for £10m, and that 2.5 year contract was more of a hinderance for us.
Talking about applying common sense but valueing Mkhitaryan at £10m...

Fully Fledged

That would make sense of it didn’t ignore the fact that Sanchez himself also has value.

Yes, Mkhitaryan isn’t the equivalent of ‘£0’, he’s about £35m. So does that mean Arsenal got him for free? No, obviously not.

If two people swap assets worth £35m each, it’s fair to say they were ‘free’.
Exactly. The only thing is that once he signs a 4 year contract Alexis is worth £150m easy while Mkhitaryan is still worth £35m. So you could say that we made £115m out of the deal.

Borden

It could have been a demand from Raiola, asking for a sort of golden parachute for his client in order to agree on signing for Arsenal. Seeing as the entire deal was dependant on Mkhi agreeing to go to Arsenal, you can bet Raiola used that to get Mkhi and himself a good pay day out of our pockets.
So what? Raiola could've demanded the Hope diamond but he wouldn't fecking get it.

Peanut Butter

What's going on here then? I've been chatting with wife for a few hours and it looks like we're swapping players?!

This never happens.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
A straight swap deal for a player surplus to requirements :lol:

Brilliant. Doesn't fit the media narrative at all.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Exactly. The only thing is that once he signs a 4 year contract Alexis is worth £150m easy while Mkhitaryan is still worth £35m. So you could say that we made £115m out of the deal.
But we didn't as it's a straight swap. We're talking about theoretical values, not actual agreed payments

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Mkhi hasn't set the world alight at Man Utd, not many goals or assists. He's also 29, if he flops for us it will be impossible to sell him.

Moreover a team with Ozil, Mkhi, Lacazette, Ramsey and Iwobi will suffer defensively. Especially one like Arsenal. I would have rather lost Sanchez for nothing to be honest. At least then the club could have saved face and said that it was his choice to go to Old Trafford. Now, we're giving you our best player and potentially weakening ourselves in return.

Madness.
Arsenal are a business.

United is too, to be honest.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Some bollocks above.

But swapping a let's face it fairly underwhelming Mkhi for Sanchez has got to be a good deal.

Minimalist

It’s a fair swap. Nothing to see here. If we give them money it would only be out of kindness. Miki is worth at least 30m.

Talking about applying common sense but valueing Mkhitaryan at £10m...
He’s on massive wages that very few clubs in the world could afford, and those that can afford him wouldn’t want someone who has been so abysmal, even Dortmund don’t want him back - if we sold him on the open market he would be similar to when we sold Nani (although he was a vastly superior player). Maybe we can meet on the middle... no one would pay anywhere near £35m for him.

Fully Fledged

But we didn't as it's a straight swap. We're talking about theoretical values, not actual agreed payments
I know. I agree that it's a straight swap with no money changing hands.
What I was saying is that if you have to put value on the players Alexis market value will be much higher than Mkhi's once they sign contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.