Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
:lol: Coming form a person that just responded with that. I think your response says more about your mental maturity pal, but feel free to explain how your brain got round to thinking anything I wrote would somehow cause you to think I’m 5?
Was wondering whether you have only seen us since 2013.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Neil Ashton is desperate for Sanchez to go to City the pancake faced bastard feck!

rotherham_red

We have a back up fullback that cost us 32mil, Young cost 27mil and was considered a squad player for the longest time.
People mock them spending a 100 mil on two fullbacks but in the way Pep plays fullbacks are a very important part of the system. He relies on them so 50mil for two very important parts of his team doesn’t seem that much.
Reports are we are supposedly interested in Sandro at 65 mil and The Napoli guy now has a 75mil buyout.
We bought Shaw as a starting fullback. That he hasn't been, is due to a variety of reasons. We bought Young for £18m (where did you get 27 from?) and again, he came as a starter and was eventually phased out from being one during his second season.
They may very well be important pieces in his squad, but I don't seem to remember Pep's Barca, or his Bayern splurging big on back-up FBs, or on a starting LB like Alba (I won't be disingenuous and use Alves, Lahm or Alaba because they were already at the clubs when he was appointed). Danilo cost the fat end of £30m. Which is usually enough to get a decent starter in much more important positions like midfield and CB.
Regarding your point about today's prices and market, this is where the Neymar deal comes in. It's had a knock-on effect at the top end. This is why we can't now spend £150m per season and think we've done enough because the likes of City and PSG can just dip into their respective countries sovereign wealth funds.

Guy Incognito

They seem to roll out hacks hungry for fame on Sunday Supplement these days. All went downhill when Jimmy Hill and Brian Woolnough left.

JSArsenal

Uggh

RVP. We refused to sell Debuchy to you lot FFS.

The board probably think this is a fantastic deal for a guy with six months left on his deal......

Its like none of them care about the implications of this. Selling our best player to a rival while we try to get in the top 4.

Absolutely unforgivable. Every person from Kroenke down to Wenger is responsible for this state of affairs. Why didn't we accept City's bid in the summer if this is what we are doing now.

Sickening. Just completely sickening.

RedDevilUnited369

We're probably the lesser of the two evils after City's 11th hour transfer deadline day bid for him that would have left them with little time to get a replacement.
Lesser of the two evils? So City look to have already won the league and Arsenal sell their best player to team they could be fighting for a top 4 spot with?

Arsenal never cease to amaze.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We have a back up fullback that cost us 32mil, Young cost 27mil and was considered a squad player for the longest time.
People mock them spending a 100 mil on two fullbacks but in the way Pep plays fullbacks are a very important part of the system. He relies on them so 50mil for two very important parts of his team doesn’t seem that much.
Reports are we are supposedly interested in Sandro at 65 mil and The Napoli guy now has a 75mil buyout.
You’re on a wum mate.

Andersons Dietician

You seem pretty slow to understand from where I and everyone else is sitting mate.
So you were asking if I was trying to be slow to understand? Does that make any sense to you?

But anyway what am I being slow to understand? That some how them spending money now is different from us spending money in the past when none of our rivals could compete with it?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I still expect a late turn in City's favour. When all media start giving us hope things usually go to shite pretty fast afterwards.
Not too sure about that to be fair... If City were going to sign him, they'd have upped their offer and got the deal done as soon as Uniteds interest became clear.
They'd have absolutely no problem giving both Arsenal and Sanchez what they want if they truly wanted him. I'm betting they don't want to upset the balance of the team, and if they do sign Sanchez, he'll be benched until things start going south results wise, which at the moment, shows no signs of happening

WPMUFC

Obviously City as a club has more history than PSG by a long stretch but feck me cant they see the parallels in how they both came up?
For those saying "he should've gone to PSG if it was all about the money". (Not aimed at you maxi) Those folks need to look at the bigger picture; Arsenal needed a replacement that they couldn't get.

The city deal in the last window was all about funding Lemar and it all broke down. From there MUFC have seemingly improved handsomely on the money front and we now have a CHANCE.

MP1711

Uggh

The board probably think this is a fantastic deal for a guy with six months left on his deal......

Its like none of them care about the implications of this. Selling our best player to a rival while we try to get in the top 4.

Absolutely unforgivable. Every person from Kroenke down to Wenger is responsible for this state of affairs. Why didn't we accept City's bid in the summer if this is what we are doing now.

Couldn't get Lemar over the line as a replacement, now that Malcom is close to done let's make a deal.

Patrick220571

I'm seriously surprised that psg don't figure more into the "where is sanchez heading?" saga, they don't care about throwing silly money around on transfer fee's and wages, plus the idea of a front 3 attack of neymar, snachez and mbappe would match any other attack in the world right now
It's very likely they are on the verge with regards to FFP. What with the Neymar deal and Mbappe still to pay for. Likely they will have to move a few players out before they can bring anyone else in.

minoo-utd

Uggh

You are getting Malcom. IMO Wenger didn't want to sell him in the summer just to try to convince him to stay and sees what happens or there wasn't a good replace back then. Plus we are not sure he will be ours yet.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think you've got everything wrong here.

Young wasn't bought as a full back, nor was Valancia, hence their prices reflect that of attacking players (as that's what they were)

Anyway your prices are wrong

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Not too sure about that to be fair... If City were going to sign him, they'd have upped their offer and got the deal done as soon as Uniteds interest became clear.
They'd have absolutely no problem giving both Arsenal and Sanchez what they want if they truly wanted him. I'm betting they don't want to upset the balance of the team, and if they do sign Sanchez, he'll be benched until things start going south results wise, which at the moment, shows no signs of happening
Well hopefully you're right. I'm just pretty cautious when it comes to getting excited about signing a big player despite the fact that it's been happening regularly in the past few years.

Ban

So you were asking if I was trying to be slow to understand? Does that make any sense to you?

But anyway what am I being slow to understand? That some how them spending money now is different from us spending money in the past when none of our rivals could compete with it?
What about earning the money?

Ss3bba

As much as I think he'd improve you and certainly wouldn't complain if he came to City, Sanchez should go to United. We've found a balance with Sterling, De Bruyne, Silva, Sané and Aguero/Jesus that shouldn't be unnecessarily disturbed with so much of the season still to go. If we're going to go for another attacking player - which we do need, in fairness - we should be looking at someone who can rotate with Aguero and Sané, not take their place in the side, especially not someone who'll be 30 in under a year. A young, direct winger who can play on both sides is the sort of player we need for the long-term. I'm sure Sanchez would give us a great boost for the rest of this season but I'm not sure how much more of a boost we need. We're fifteen points clear in the league (it'll be 12 points by tomorrow night, but all the same), into the knockout stages of the Champions' League, and halfway to a cup final, and we've achieved that without Sanchez. Beyond the summer, what happens? Does Aguero leave because Sanchez is Guardiola's first choice, only for Sanchez to decline in a year or two? Does Sané have his development hindered by Sanchez taking his place? Like I said, he's a fantastic player and I'm not exactly happy he's going to United, but I'm not sure where a player like him fits at City without affecting the balance we've discovered.
Fair point but Pep has a history of upsetting that balance, remember the signing of Ibra and Sanchez at Barca? By the way
I’ve never been on Bluemoon but I find all City fans on here very rational and intelligent.

Moonred

Uggh

:drool:

Sir A1ex

We paid for that success tho. We certainly sustained it with success and even made our wallet bigger due to it but we paid to put ourselves in that position.
You obviously have a better memory than the rest of us. Please remind us of the period during which we propelled ourselves from being a club that struggled to hold a top flight place to being the best in the country by bringing in a load of cash from nowhere and spending silly amounts on the best players?

It's weird, because the way I remember it, in my lifetime at least, we edged ourselves up from being a massive club who were under-performing for many years but still always in the top few (read Liverpool of the current era), without conspicuously spending more than other big clubs. And only once the success, which was fortunately perfectly timed with the Premier League money boom, had come did we start being able to blow other clubs out of the water financially.

MkPaul

learnt from the best
Why didn't we accept City's bid in the summer if this is what we are doing now.

Well it looks like you were willing to make the deal in the summer if City included Sterling/Aguero. When that wasn't going to happen it was resting on Lemar, who didn't want to move to Arsenal.

If Arsenal were offered Lemar/Sterling/Aguero then Sanchez would have been gone in the summer, fact.

Needham

People talking about wage structures are missing the point. There is no such thing as wage structures. Football is complete capitalist anarchy.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Who's the £32m back-up FB? Shaw neither cost £32m nor is he necessarily a back-up at the moment as he has started most of the recent games.

Young cost £16-18m, not £27m. Ghoulam's buyout is £53m, not £75m.

exit35

Uggh

Maybe Sanchez orchastrated the move this month and arsenal agreed to sell him if they get a replacement, not expecting it to be Man Utd to be leading the chase.

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Think a few are getting ahead of themselves on here. Not saying he's not coming, but there's going to be an awful lot of tears on here should he go anywhere else by the way some are acting.

On a forum with a bunch of 9 year olds :rolleyes:
Yeah I was just wondering about the average age of some posters on here myself. Or maybe I'm just too old to be excited about players anymore.

MDFC Manager

Quite sure all articles said United are ready to pay more in wages too.
Multiple sources have reported that we've offered a vastly better overall package then city.
Sources have also reported that the difference comes from the transfer fee and agent fee. My point is that the actual difference in wages will not be much, if anything. Therefore, Sanchez is not moving for money. He's moving to the club which is the only one that his current club has accepted an offer from.

Andersons Dietician

Like he was during that drunk driving discussion.
The one where I was right and backed it all up with articles from many drink aware sources, press releases from the government, press stories and scientific studies but yet somehow all that on the CAF was written off. I good one pal.

DdeGoat

Uggh

This is like a Don Lemon like bitch show after every Donald Trump tweet or comment.

This is how your club is run buddy. They are not going to lose out on £30m for a player with 6 months left.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
No. Spending my time watching inarticulate Arsenal fans shouting at a camera phone doesn't appeal to me if I'm honest
Sorry to go off topic but my family went to an Arsenal v Man City match around 6 years ago and when we were leaving the video crew collared my brother and asked him his opinions on all sorts.

Poor bugger is a Spurs fan but had to pretend otherwise :D

Status
Not open for further replies.