5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djemba-Djemba

I just couldn't believe how many free kicks he gave away. It was fecking unbelievable, you'd think anyone with half a brain would have realised they were going down under any contact and that cnut ref would give them a free kick.

And yet time after time he was lunging in needlessly or barging into them.

Awful performance and all round an awful season for him.

Glory Glory Denis Irwin

Glory Glory Denis Irwin
Never given anyone a rating of 1 since I joined RedCafe but that's what he got from me tonight. Absolutely atrocious performance. He actually hindered us by being on the pitch.

itso 7

He was terrible and ill-disciplined which makes you wonder why he lasted as long as he did. Been disappointing this season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think that's probably the worst performance he's ever had in his whole career. He looked like a competition winner who couldn't keep up with with the speed and physicality. Mata showed more fight and determination than he did!

He was great last year, but he's really disappointed me this season.

Sylar

Defo his worst performance as a United player. Normally he can pass under pressure with both feet, but today he couldnt. But more so than that, he gave away some daft daft free kicks in dangerous positions. One which eventually lead to a goal.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
He has regressed so much this season from last season, it's absurd. Didn't we have a thread last season arguing that he was the most complete midfielder in the EPL? Tom Cleverley or Darren Gibson would have been much more useful than him tonight.
That most complete thread was almost as moronic then as it is now, in fairness.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Him, that cnut "Morgan" and Depay would be first out the door for me.

Herrera, to his credit, is a good player. But, you aren't going to win leagues with the likes of him

The United

Well, I just have to say it again that it was ridiculous with the amount of fouls he conceded. And a lot of them were near our box. Of course WHU players made a big deal about most fouls to get some free kicks. Ander should have been a bit smarter.

Also, as much as LVG is being shit, can people blame him for not playing him as much? Some of us actually suspected that LVG does not like his positioning and lack of disciplined in deeper positions. Though it didn't matter today as he was fouling the feck out of everyone near our box anyway.

Last edited:

Lentwood

I saw through Herrera a long time ago. Tried to convince myself that he could make the step up but has no range of passing, can't tackle and doesn't look after the ball well enough. We have been fooled by a few fancy touches into signing a mid-table La Liga player I am afraid.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
A rotten performance last night. His worst for us by a distance. I still think he has a lot to offer us though. It's been a season to forget for the whole team. We have no stand out performers other than Martial. No cohesion or resemblance of a team. It's been difficult to judge the majority of the squad, and if they are just sapped of all confidence and motivation under the manager or if they are poor players. I still maintain the squad is better overall than it is currently performing.

NK86

He's regressed massively under Van Gaal.
My biggest concern is he seems to have the creativity driven out of him by Vangle who constantly kept dropping him last season for trying to pull off risky passes.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
I saw through Herrera a long time ago. Tried to convince myself that he could make the step up but has no range of passing, can't tackle and doesn't look after the ball well enough. We have been fooled by a few fancy touches into signing a mid-table La Liga player I am afraid.
Well summed up. I was fooled but no longer and, after last night, I've had enough. A miserable performance.

Lentwood

A rotten performance last night. His worst for us by a distance. I still think he has a lot to offer us though. It's been a season to forget for the whole team. We have no stand out performers other than Martial. No cohesion or resemblance of a team. It's been difficult to judge the majority of the squad, and if they are just sapped of all confidence and motivation under the manager or if they are poor players. I still maintain the squad is better overall than it is currently performing.
I get that nobody likes the manager but at some point you have to look at these players and say regardless of who is in charge, are they "United" players? I would love Herrera to do well, has a great attitude but like I said in my post earlier, what attributes does he have which meet the standards requires at Utd? Doesn't have the passing range of a Scholes or even Carrick/Rooney, doesn't dominate a midfield like a Keane/Robson/Ince and doesn't have the pace or dynamism around the box to be a significant attacking threat. I imagine he would be a fantastic 5-a-side player but unfortunately unless he fancies turning out for Inter Me Nan on a Monday night at Powerleague don't know what use he is

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He looks a shadow of the player we saw in the second half of last season. Frail, ill-disciplined, unintelligent, inconsistent technique, inaccurate passing; Just a miserable performance.

RedRover

I get that nobody likes the manager but at some point you have to look at these players and say regardless of who is in charge, are they "United" players? I would love Herrera to do well, has a great attitude but like I said in my post earlier, what attributes does he have which meet the standards requires at Utd? Doesn't have the passing range of a Scholes or even Carrick/Rooney, doesn't dominate a midfield like a Keane/Robson/Ince and doesn't have the pace or dynamism around the box to be a significant attacking threat. I imagine he would be a fantastic 5-a-side player but unfortunately unless he fancies turning out for Inter Me Nan on a Monday night at Powerleague don't know what use he is
He's a player I've wanted to do well on account of his attitude but the more I watch him the less I think he has the necessary quality.

He's a player who no doubt looks very neat and tidy in a good side in a league like Spain where there's not as much pressure on the ball. Here everything looks rushed and hurried - although a lack of quality around him won't help.

DenisIrwin

If we'd had a Keane-type leader on the pitch when Noble carried him off the pitch a few weeks ago, and Noble had had more than just the physio to deal with, maybe Herrera would have been better last night when back face to face with Noble. I know he was sh!t but I look for reasons. I think we really need a strong character in the engine room. Someone like Keane or Robson would be brilliant but that is just so very far from what we have now. It would help players like Herrera play with more composure and confidence.

ottosec

He's been our worst player every time in the last few games. He needs to get his shit together.

Parma Dewol

I was hoping he'd be our little terrier in midfield, full of energy and able to pick out a killer pass. Couldn't be further from the truth. Unbelievable how many needless free kicks he was giving away last night, and against West Ham, who live for set pieces. Blind had a terrible game, yet Herrera was easily the worst player on the pitch.

The United

I don't mind fouling people without getting booked too much. It is an art and Ander is good at it.

But, he gotta realize there for that match that our defenders were getting ownt, their strength was set pieces with their height, we had no one to deal with it properly and they will draw a foul for it etc.

And, he didn't. Which was surprising given how intelligent he sounds.

Tbf, even BFS was being dumb against Arsenal. I suppose it happens. Just that at very wrong times for ander.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He shows nothing of the good things we saw in the beginning. He also used to be a smart player

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He's turned into the kinda player we easily laugh at. He's pointless, can't control, can't pass and concedes a stupid amount of dangerous FKs.
Yes, I am really disappointed in him after last season. He is having shocking season, if he was playing for other team I would laugh at him how bad he is. And I am his fan.

I just think he is stupid in general, his interviews, his reactions on the pitch, I like the guy but still he really looks dumb at times.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Right now, he's offering nothing, I appreciate that. We have seen plenty of good from him though, and when he's on it and playing with confidence, he's a very useful player for us. His short passing is quick and incisive. He often gives our play a higher tempo and he's good at playing the ball in tight spaces. I like how when he receives a pass, he would nearly always turn towards goal and continue moving forward. Last season we saw he was also a goal threat, and can strike the ball cleanly and accurately.

We saw a lot of that in the first few months of the season too, but he has dropped off significantly, and he looked utterly useless last night. As stated, what makes it hard to judge him individually is that the majority of the squad have completely dropped off as well, bar Martial and De Gea, and arguably Smalling. It's hard to tell if the players just aren't playing, or are genuinely poor. I'm staying positive and believe it is more of the former.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Yes, I am really disappointed in him after last season. He is having shocking season, if he was playing for other team I would laugh at him how bad he is. And I am his fan.

I just think he is stupid in general, his interviews, his reactions on the pitch, I like the guy but still he really looks dumb at times.
Everyone seems to have regressed under LVG, he's looking lost on the pitch, like almost everyone else he also takes to much time on he ball and overthinks what to do.

Would like to see him under other manager, think he would look much different player than this one atm.

Zoo

Such a disappointment last night. Hindsight is wonderful but he really should have been hooked immediately at 1-2.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
If we'd had a Keane-type leader on the pitch when Noble carried him off the pitch a few weeks ago, and Noble had had more than just the physio to deal with, maybe Herrera would have been better last night when back face to face with Noble. I know he was sh!t but I look for reasons. I think we really need a strong character in the engine room. Someone like Keane or Robson would be brilliant but that is just so very far from what we have now. It would help players like Herrera play with more composure and confidence.
If he played shit last night because he was scared to face Mark Noble again then he's not a character we want around the place.

Was annoying last night when he was desperate to kick the ball out of play when a West Ham player got injured, after what happened with Noble last time out. I was losing the plot when he did that.

Lowkey

One of the most likeable players i really want to see succeed at United but my faith in him is starting to dwindle. Yesterday he was completely hopeless and made me realise how much we missed Fellaini (which should never happen)

Gerald G

I wish Fellaini was fit. Ander was a pure liability last night. The man should be smart enough to know that we struggle to defend set-pieces, which West Ham are good at.

The amount of free-kicks he gave away were incredible. Atrocious performance.
At the end of last season I said our fans overrate him quite a bit and although I think he's a good player, he's nowhere near as good as some of our fans make out. People were screaming we should build the team around him? Absolute nonsense.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Everyone seems to have regressed under LVG, he's looking lost on the pitch, like almost everyone else he also takes to much time on he ball and overthinks what to do.

Would like to see him under other manager, think he would look much different player than this one atm.
I also hope he can improve under different manager but I think some players have actually regressed, or stoped developing at important age during these past 2 or 3 years considering our shite football under both managers, which could lead them to never fullfiling their potential.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
I also hope he can improve under different manager but I think some players have actually regressed, or stoped developing at important age during these past 2 or 3 years considering our shite football under both managers, which could lead them to never fullfiling their potential.
Can only hope that's not the case :(
Really like his understanding with Mata, he's shiwed that can play much quicker and has both good passing range and nose for goal when coming to the box or around the box. But as are the others under LVG he looks too restricted and conservative atm which makes him and the team worse than they really are.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Can only hope that's not the case :(
Really like his understanding with Mata, he's shiwed that can play much quicker and has both good passing range and nose for goal when coming to the box or around the box. But as are the others under LVG he looks too restricted and conservative atm which makes him and the team worse than they really are.
Last year's Herrera from start of the season was great midfielder for me, but once van Gaal started teaching him some methods(they literally said that) because he didn't like his style of play, he was never the same player again for me, even though he played some good football towards the end of season, but was never that exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.