Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That last 20 minutes he absolutely saved our lazy asses.

Won the ball back so many times, makes me laugh every time thinking of that poster who said he can’t defend properly :lol:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He was outstanding. Does anyone know how many interceptions he had? Must have been around 8

Ekeke

That last 20 minutes he absolutely saved our lazy asses.

Won the ball back so many times, makes me laugh every time thinking of that poster who said he can’t defend properly :lol:
I thought the same thing. For at least the last 10 mins he single handedly cut out consecutive Brighton moves. Great game management

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Can't believe there is a real possibility that he could be leaving on a free in 6 months time. Wtf are we doing? He's a fantastic player.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Motm today, he's a quality player when played consistently.

Water Melon

The heart, the lungs and the legs of our midfield. Captain material, a Red through and through, proper team player.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is amazing. Has developed into a really good player through his time here. Best DM in the league first season under Mourinho I think it was, and is now back to that level.

Shimo

He's been very good recently- though one criticism I have is when we are under the cosh, he doesn't have that calm when he gets that ball and just play in a way to keep the ball. One time in the game today, he really had no on around him and he thumps a long hopeful ball with none of our players anywhere in the vicinity. If he can add just a bit more level headedness in possession, he'd be unbelievable.

mewnew11

I think it is time we make him captain. Plays with passion and guts and has the technical skills to keep starting for United.

A no brainier but somehow every coach thinks Ashley young is better

Patrick08

He's so frantic, he's everywhere doing everything all the time... Which is great, though it doesn't really bring an air of calm when we perhaps need it.
Yeah, as his fellow midfield partners drop the ball in terms of positioning, work rate and intensity.

yfoFC

He's been very good recently- though one criticism I have is when we are under the cosh, he doesn't have that calm when he gets that ball and just play in a way to keep the ball. One time in the game today, he really had no on around him and he thumps a long hopeful ball with none of our players anywhere in the vicinity. If he can add just a bit more level headedness in possession, he'd be unbelievable.
Matic should be the one bringing the calm to the midfield but as he's doing that, he just turns over possession to the opposition like he's Santa Claus

I would love Herrera to add that to his game more consistently but he did do that against spurs when he brought the ball out of our half and played that no look pass to lukaku

If he can do that more often, he'd be mint.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I thought he was even better against Spurs, but he's shone since Ole came in.

Incredible that he's been so misused under two consecutive managers.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I thought he was even better against Spurs, but he's shone since Ole came in.

Incredible that he's been so misused under two consecutive managers.
I remember under Van Gaal he would play brilliantly for a dozen games, then one poor game and it was straight to the dog house for a long time and since Mou was/is obsessed with tall players it and hoofball it was Fellaini > Herrera

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He was very good. But I'm wondering whether we need him and Matic in the same team. Neither make up ground and carry the ball forward.

Bwuk

Spanish Darren Fletcher.

Make Herrera captain in the summer and renew his contract.

Look what Fred cost us, we’d have to spend that easy to get another Ander replacement.

amolbhatia50k

I feel the issue is that he can't take physical pressure when he is on the ball. Which is presumably why he never drives forward with the ball. He doesn't really like to hold on to the ball enough to invite pressure, and likes to release it ASAP. That's good from a high tempo football perspective but limits the support from midfield to our attacks.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
But he just, you know, runs a lot a winds opposition players up.
Even now, there are posters talking about needing to upgrade him in other threads. At this moment in time, there isn't a better ball winner in the league, and there certainly isn't another that contributes so much towards the attacking side of the game either.

izec

Even now, there are posters talking about needing to upgrade him in other threads. At this moment in time, there isn't a better ball winner in the league, and there certainly isn't another that contributes so much towards the attacking side of the game either.
Upgrading Herrera is now our most important task, forget about the CB/RB/LB/RW and even DM issue that needs to be solved as soon as possible. We also got a chap on the bench who plays in midfield that we spent 50m on, but lets buy another box to box CM to upgrade on Herrera, who is one of our first names on the team sheet nowadays and in great form. We should be doing everything possible to give him a new contract and focus on other more important positions, the one stated in the first sentence.

AgentP

He was very good. But I'm wondering whether we need him and Matic in the same team. Neither make up ground and carry the ball forward.
These two give us the stability that allows other players to get forward and attack. Also, I feel Herrera's contribution to the attack is underrated. He has that killer through ball in his arsenal and can also whip in a lovely cross from the right when the RB cuts back the ball to him.

Herrera was far more attacking when we first signed him. I remember he scored 8 or more goals in his first season for us. Both LVG and Jose haven't played him in this role often enough. He was actually playing really well for both managers before he was dropped or the formation changed.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Upgrading Herrera is now our most important task, forget about the CB/RB/LB/RW and even DM issue that needs to be solved as soon as possible. We also got a chap on the bench who plays in midfield that we spent 50m on, but lets buy another box to box CM to upgrade on Herrera, who is one of our first names on the team sheet nowadays and in great form. We should be doing everything possible to give him a new contract and focus on other more important positions, the one stated in the first sentence.
Spot on.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It's unbelievable, isn't it?

Glad Herrera is, once again, showing his value. Long may it continue.

Jib

Better with Ole but we still need to upgrade him. Not a top player and he's 30 !

amolbhatia50k

I don't know about upgrading on him specifically but we do need a CM who excels at passing, technical quality and controlling the game. Herrera, playmaking CM and Pogba would be ideal.

izec

Better with Ole but we still need to upgrade him. Not a top player and he's 30 !
He is 29. Going by top players, we would need to upgrade 90% of our squad and 85% of them are behind Herrera in terms of performances this season.

Monks_United

I dont see how people think we can replace him as easily. This is not Henderson we are talking about FFS. We do need a midfielder, but rather get someone to replace Matic first. Maybe look at replacing Herrera a couple of years from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.