6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

Why say it in the first place? He probably realized he said too much and attempted to clean it up. Sorry, im not convinced. Ive come to my conclusion, we'll just have to agree to disagree. By reports I mean things i've read in general when ive looked up his injury, things said here, in papers and on sites like transfermarkt and physio room. Only one source mentioned quads specifically. The rest are vague as your general muscle injury answer if they're not just repeating injuries he's already suffered recently or making things up
Maybe he said it because English isnt his first language? But he was very clear in what he meant.

Honestly you're taking the piss if you are picking and choosing which quotes to listen to from the same couple of sentences in the same interview. Either Ole is trustworthy and you listen to all his comments, or you don't listen to his comments in which case you cant use his comments to suggest something is going on with Ander.

Either you listen to all of it or none of it. Picking the one bit that can be taken out of context to further an agenda is sad.

Loublaze

ATLien
Maybe he said it because English isnt his first language? But he was very clear in what he meant.

Honestly you're taking the piss if you are picking and choosing which quotes to listen to from the same couple of sentences in the same interview. Either Ole is trustworthy and you listen to all his comments, or you don't listen to his comments in which case you cant use his comments to suggest something is going on with Ander.

Either you listen to all of it or none of it. Picking the one bit that can be taken out of context to further an agenda is sad.
Ole speaks perfect English. Im not even going to waste any more time on this

Ekeke

Had a good period after he came on and before Shaw's mistake leading to the goal. We had some good passing and looked in control. We still looked better after the goal, but not as good.

Ace of Spades

Just sell Matic and give his wages to Herrera. Can't believe we will lose him for free, and still have Matic barely jogging around still.

RD94

We looked in control for 10mins with him in,like its hard to be better than Matic performance today.They let us have the possession and counter us and got a goal,that was their simple plan in second half that worked.Herrera had a ridiculous attempt to shoot and almost injured himself with simple passes.Just as bad as any other player besides Mctominay,Lindelof who only played ok.

Devil may care

Brought some much needed energy to midfield but looked lost positionally at times in that holding role.

jem

Why didn’t he start over the useless Matic
It's these kinds of decisions that don't exactly help Ole's case. Starting Young, as awful as he's been, is somewhat understandable because you do worry about Dalot's confidence being destroyed. But Matic has awful for a while now, and Herrera has shown that he play that role.

Loublaze

ATLien
He came on and didn't offer much more than Matic, but he's a driving force and a leader right?

arnie_ni

He came on and didn't offer much more than Matic, but he's a driving force and a leader right?
Total bollocks.

He won the ball back 5 or 6 times in half an hour. He drove us forward playing in a one man midfield at times with pogba and mctominay far to advanced. He passed the ball forward into dangerous areas and are attacked done nothing.

Edit

Ander Herrera vs Huddersfield:

100% dribble success
100% tackle accuracy
92% pass accuracy
60 touches
41 passes completed
13/13 final third passes
6 duels won
6 recoveries

He came on in the 53rd minute. https://t.co/NLBQ6rB8Z0

Loublaze

ATLien
Total bollocks.

He won the ball back 5 or 6 times in half an hour. He drove us forward playing in a one man midfield at times with pogba and mctominay far to advanced. He passed the ball forward into dangerous areas and are attacked done nothing.

Edit

100% dribble success
100% tackle accuracy
92% pass accuracy
60 touches
41 passes completed
13/13 final third passes
6 duels won
6 recoveries

He probably should've started and that's on Ole, those impressive stats all came to naught. We looked labored and clueless as a unit throughout the game. Herrera certainly didn't raise his teammates level today as so many say he does consistently, he wasn't a driving force.

Ekeke

He probably should've started and that's on Ole, those impressive stats all came to naught. We looked labored and clueless as a unit throughout the game. Herrera certainly didn't raise his teammates level today as so many say he does consistently, he wasn't a driving force.
Yes he did. We played decent stuff in that period when he came on, we just got hit by a sucker punch with a bad individual error from Shaw

Irwin99

Total bollocks.

Edit

100% dribble success
100% tackle accuracy
92% pass accuracy
60 touches
41 passes completed
13/13 final third passes
6 duels won
6 recoveries

Quite impressive. How did Matic do comparatively in terms of stats?

Loublaze

ATLien
And very close to concede 3 goals if Pogba had 1 inch better aim or more luck. Strange definition of easy to let in 3
They didn't let in three though did they? United didn't punish them and the result reflected the overall performance.

Ekeke

They didn't let in three though did they? United didn't punish them and the result reflected the performance.
They didnt because of 1 inch and luck

We also had 64.2% of the ball and over 3 times as many shots ( 23 to 7 )

We werent good, but the we played some decent stuff at times and failed to finish it. And the defenders were given the run around by Huddersfield's front players

HailtotheKing

It's these kinds of decisions that don't exactly help Ole's case. Starting Young, as awful as he's been, is somewhat understandable because you do worry about Dalot's confidence being destroyed. But Matic has awful for a while now, and Herrera has shown that he play that role.
Agree. Playing Matic was utterly stupid when he's been so bad and we need energy. The one thing these teams have is energy and we needed to match it and then let our, ahum, greater talent shine through.

I wish Young didn't play but I feel he's the only one Ole trusts as a captain right now. And that's even more disturbing tbh.

Ekeke

Agree. Playing Matic was utterly stupid when he's been so bad and we need energy. The one thing these teams have is energy and we needed to match it and then let our, ahum, greater talent shine through.

I wish Young didn't play but I feel he's the only one Ole trusts as a captain right now. And that's even more disturbing tbh.
I would say that repeating Mourinho's mistakes of playing Young and Matic all the time have been his biggest problem so far

JoaquinJoaquin

I still think he will stay for what it's worth. Seems PSG are annoyed at his demands and are willing to walk away, and our offer is still on the table, which could be accelerated if we struggle to sign players (which is a real possibility).

RD94

Total bollocks.

Edit

100% dribble success
100% tackle accuracy
92% pass accuracy
60 touches
41 passes completed
13/13 final third passes
6 duels won
6 recoveries

Did we conceded with him,yes we did.He almost broke his leg trying to pass a ball,not once but few times and limping around afterwards,what about his attempted shot,what a ability.

Why did he make those stats,its because Huddersfield dropped deep and defended and counter us which worked and they scored a goal and from that point of view you could say Herreras coming in brings us a conceded goal which is me being funny because your overrating of him is laughable and lets all be funny.

They wanted us to have a meaningless possession,which builds Herrera stats because he was playing with the ball in his possession most of the time because he replaced Matic as a holding player,most defence oriented one of him Mctominay Pogba with ball in his possession and passing into final third because the match was playing in the final third of the pitch because of Huddersfield dropping deep and countering and thats why so many passes into final third and so on...

Ekeke

Did we conceded with him,yes we did.He almost broke his leg trying to pass a ball,not once but few times and limping around afterwards,what about his attempted shot,what a ability.

Why did he make those stats,its because Huddersfield dropped deep and defended and counter us which worked and they scored a goal and from that point of view you could say Herreras coming in brings us a conceded goal which is me being funny because your overrating of him is laughable and lets all be funny.

They wanted us to have a meaningless possession,which builds Herrera stats because he was playing with the ball in his possession most of the time because he replaced Matic as a holding player,most defence oriented one of him Mctominay Pogba with ball in his possession and passing into final third because the match was playing in the final third of the pitch because of Huddersfield dropping deep and countering and thats why so many passes into final third and so on...
What are you expecting a CM to do on a set piece where Shaw is marking a striker? Double mark the attacker?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Sorry @Loublaze, you're either got a massive hard on for Matic, or you just can't admit it when you're wrong. You had to be watching with your TV turned off if you didn't see a big improvement over Matic. And that's not to say Ander was amazing or anything, but Matic is just that terrible.

Loublaze

ATLien
Sorry @Loublaze, you're either got a massive hard on for Matic, or you just can't admit it when you're wrong. You had to be watching with your TV turned off if you didn't see a big improvement over Matic. And that's not to say Ander was amazing or anything, but Matic is just that terrible.
Nothing I saw on the pitch impressed me. United huffed and puffed against a championship team.

HailtotheKing

I would say that repeating Mourinho's mistakes of playing Young and Matic all the time have been his biggest problem so far
Yeah, except that much to the surprise of everyone Matic was actually playing very well under Ole.
But once that went to shit I agree with you. Matic is a huge factor in slowing down our play. The complete antithesis of what Ole says he wants.
The same reason Im baffled by him wanting to give Mata another contract. Cos we all know Mata is a real dynamo:)

I hope all this talk is typical bigging up a player before you sell them but I fear not.
On the other hand we can't exactly dismantle an entire team, so maybe he wants to keep hold of a few experienced players.

Loublaze

ATLien

This. They expected United to turn it up in the second half and they took their chance with aplomb. Herrera did nothing of note. Nothing

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yeah, except that much to the surprise of everyone Matic was actually playing very well under Ole.
But once that went to shit I agree with you. Matic is a huge factor in slowing down our play. The complete antithesis of what Ole says he wants.
The same reason Im baffled by him wanting to give Mata another contract. Cos we all know Mata is a real dynamo:)

I hope all this talk is typical bigging up a player before you sell them but I fear not.
On the other hand we can't exactly dismantle an entire team, so maybe he wants to keep hold of a few experienced players.
The biggest problem for Ole is the experienced players he might have no choice in keeping are actually the ones causing all the problems.

Ekeke

Yeah he had one of the biggest turn arounds after Mourinho was gone, but after like 7 games or so he was bad again

Cpt Negative

Herrera moves the ball on quicker than anyone we have. An absolute must when people sit behind the ball.

We just looks much better team with him in

ivaldo

Nothing I saw on the pitch impressed me. United huffed and puffed against a championship team.
It speaks volumes that this is the response to give to my post.

ivaldo

It speaks volumes you're defending a nothing performance.
Deflection, deflection, deflection. The team performed poorly collectively = Herrera isn't good enough. Flawless logic, as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.