g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Angel Di Maria image 7

Angel Di Maria Argentina flag

2014-15 Performances

View full 2014-15 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
fecking hell the state of some of you lot in here, embarrassing. He's had a shite season but he got injured, it happens.

Shark

@NotShark
Di Maria has been a bag of piss this season, there's no other way to put it. Hopefully the injury isn't too bad and he turns things around next season, but dearie me...

Hostekule

Di Maria has been a bag of piss this season, there's no other way to put it. Hopefully the injury isn't too bad and he turns things around next season, but dearie me...
Yet he has the second most assists (10) in the PL this season. Only played 23 games.

Hostekule

Stats never tell the full story. He's been a big disappointment, I don't think anyone can deny that.
Yes, of course. I'm very disappointed, but saying he's been a bag of piss is harsh. Balotelli would qualify for that tag though.

Shark

@NotShark
Mainly because of his fee, which he didn't have anything to do with.
Not necessarily. He came here with a high profile and vast experience being a key man for Real Madrid and his country. On that basis, you'd really expect much better.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Stats never tell the full story. He's been a big disappointment, I don't think anyone can deny that.
Are you kidding me? A large majority of our team has been "piss poor", this entire season. It's hard to excel when you're surrounded with players who aren't playing well, too. Relatively speaking, he hasn't been that bad, at all.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not necessarily. He came here with a high profile and vast experience being a key man for Real Madrid and his country. On that basis, you'd really expect much better.
He certainly hasn't played at that level but much of the expectation came from his fee. Same with Bale at Madrid. You can't overpay for a player without the fans expecting a return that corresponds with the fee, which almost always leads to disappointment. Di Maria is basically a 40m player who had an off, injury plagued year in a foreign country. He will be much more influential next year.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Are you kidding me? A large majority of our team has been "piss poor", this entire season. It's hard to excel when you're surrounded with players who aren't playing well, too. Relatively speaking, he hasn't been that bad, at all.
Precisely my point. Rooney and RvP had poor seasons by their standards, but we don't hear much about them because neither involved a massive transfer fee last summer.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Jesus, this is just airbrushing of history. He got dropped from the starting lineup after performances where he seemed to have never played the game before in his life so awful was he.

Hostekule

Jesus, this is just airbrushing of history. He got dropped from the starting lineup after performances where he seemed to have never played the game before in his life so awful was he.
Before that he got played out of position for several games, and lost what little confidence he might've had left at that point.

charleysurf

Before that he got played out of position for several games, and lost what little confidence he might've had left at that point.
We didn't pay that kind of money to get a fragile little flower.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
No, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. He was the best player on the pitch against Arsenal, even after his sending off... He wasn't able to regain a starting position as we started to look slightly more cohesive, as a unit during a 5 or 6 week period.

Hostekule

We didn't pay that kind of money to get a fragile little flower.
That's our own fault then. If our scouting is at the level it should be we should've known by the time we signed him that he is a fragile little flower.

charleysurf

That's our own fault then. If our scouting is at the level it should be we should've known by the time we signed him that he is a fragile little flower.
DOesn't really matter whose idea it was now. Nobody could have expected him to be so weak mentally. All that matters is that the situation is fixed, and if PSG are really interested then we can maybe get in a new player who won't wilt so badly.

Hostekule

DOesn't really matter whose idea it was now. Nobody could have expected him to be so weak mentally. All that matters is that the situation is fixed, and if PSG are really interested then we can maybe get in a new player who won't wilt so badly.
So you think we signed a player for £60m without thoroughly looking into his psyche?

charleysurf

So you think we signed a player for £60m without thoroughly looking into his psyche?
I dread to ask, but how do you normally thoroughly look into a persons psyche? Do you use some kind of machine?

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Remember when fergie told nani to hobble about with crutches and pretend to be injured? This place sometimes. Why carry on if you feel something go? Risk being out for ages in a game that really didn't matter much.

Hostekule

I dread to ask, but how do you normally thoroughly look into a persons psyche? Do you use some kind of machine?
I get that you're frustrated, but come on really?

I'd think evaluating his performances on the pitch, in training, talking to his former managers, looking at how he has reacted to defeats, his team going down during a match etc. would be a good start.

ZDwyr

This season has been a complete disaster for him. Hopefully his second will be better.

m1tch

Frustrating to see him go off so early today. Hopefully he'll get a summer off and be ready to take the league by storm next year.

Walters_19_MuFc

Today summed up his season. Van Gaal played him on the wing, I guess because that's where he wants to start him next season, but he just doesn't do it for me on the wing.

marlowe78

If there is a club interested in handing out good money for him, I would certainly be open to a move. He had a good few games when he first started but he quickly lost his edge. Even knowing the circumstances (injuries, house robbery, new country, etc.), for 60M you expect a player to maintain a certain standard and he has been poor. IMO you can't even make a case for paying 30 or 40M with the form he's had. The fact that Young has gotten playing time over him says a lot and it's no given that he will turn it around in the PL next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.