Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I'd be very surprised if anyone bid near to what we paid for him considering he's been fairly average this season.
His good Madrid form is still fresh enough in the memory, hence we might get a big bid.
Another poor season and his value will plummet.

We need to sell him now for a big fee, or get him firing on all cylinders.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
His good Madrid form is still fresh enough in the memory, hence we might get a big bid.
Another poor season and his value will plummet.

We need to sell him now for a big fee, or get him firing on all cylinders.
Perhaps, although I'm really not sure that a lot of big sides will gamble. If he does then perform, his value will still be high: there's arguably no reason for them to come in early on when it's a much bigger risk.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Somehow I blame v Gaal for his poor season playing him in 4/5 different positions over the season. There's no doubt he's a class act. Even when in such poor form he still looked our most dangerous player.

5.5/10

Last edited:

Mali_Zeus

Position or not poor form is poor form, mistakes are mistakes, attitude and so on.

Anyway very poor season by him I hope he'll improve next season.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Aye, Di Maria's cautious approach today was obviously with the greater good of Manchester United in mind.
I didn't say anything close to that.

How come you weren't of the same opinion when De Gea went off against Arsenal? Don't remember many questioning whether he should have continued playing. Or Ashley Young against Stoke, earlier in the season; He pulled his hamstring and went off.

Honestly, it would seem you (and others) have an agenda against him. It's crazy to assume that he should have stayed on to worsen his injury just to appease fans/critics like yourselves.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
id like him to stay... a couple of decent additions and a system that can get the ball to him and give him options to use it could prove the making of him

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I didn't say anything close to that.

How come you weren't of the same opinion when De Gea went off against Arsenal? Don't remember many questioning whether he should have continued playing. Or Ashley Young against Stoke, earlier in the season; He pulled his hamstring and went off.

Honestly, it would seem you (and others) have an agenda against him. It's crazy to assume that he should have stayed on to worsen his injury just to appease fans/critics like yourselves.
Fair enough. I got sucked into a tangential argument when - like I said - I don't care that he went off injured. I just thought it was representative of his whole season. Exciting to see him start a game for us but ultimately disappointing and unable to cope with the physicality of a PL game (a stark contrast to imports like Suarez, Costa and Sanchez - who seem to relish a battle).

I accept he probably had no option but understand why people are peeved.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Fair enough. I got sucked into a tangential argument when - like I said - I don't care that he went off injured. I just thought it was representative of his whole season. Exciting to see him start a game for us but ultimately disappointing and unable to cope with the physicality of a PL game (a stark contrast to imports like Suarez, Costa and Sanchez - who seem to relish a battle).

I accept he probably had no option but understand why people are peeved.
I agree, he does seem to be a bit scared of a challenge. I don't blame him, he's skinny as f*ck. Needs to gain some weight.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
If I'm being honest, I'd rather cut our losses and buy a player that is either world class in midfield or world class on the wing. Di Maria is neither. He's way too lightweight and careless to be playing in the middle in the PL and as we all knew, wildly inconsistent playing down the wing.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Hard to believe he made it onto this list after such a shocking season:

Bwuk

If Di Maria had been fit and played regularly he'd of gotten more assists than Fabregas. That I'm of no doubt. Get him fit, confident and firing, and in a three man midfield there isn't much better.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I just have the feeling like he'll be off in the summer, doesn't look as if he's enjoying it here and PSG could be an escape route for him and his family off the pitch, I'd give him alot of credit if he does decide to stay and fight on next season though.

Djemba-Djemba

He's been fecking terrible and there have been games this season where he's genuinely looked like he didn't really care that much.

If PSG offer anything £40M or above I'd sell him.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Strange that Young started in front of him as part of the midfield three last night. Chances of him staying aren't very bright, imo.

ravi2

He's been fecking terrible and there have been games this season where he's genuinely looked like he didn't really care that much.

If PSG offer anything £40M or above I'd sell him.
I would swap him for Verratti at this point if PSG wants him.
If we need a CM that can do it all, thats our man.

ravi2

Strange that Young started in front of him as part of the midfield three last night. Chances of him staying aren't very bright, imo.
TBH, after the break in he was not mentally with us anymore.
Its as disappointing as the Falcao situation.

Devil may care

It's fine saying give him a second season but he has to actually want it, and personally I just don't think he looks like a player that does, it just seems to me that he has figured out by now that this league is not a fit for him physically.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Hope PSG take him off our hands for a decent fee.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
He has been awful and he's not going to magically get better after a pre season which he won't have since he's got Copa America and the Prem starts much earlier too due to the Euro's next year.

Take the £50million if anyone offers it, and re invest for someone who suits how LVG wants to play.

Phil

I wonder if all the same people were saying sell Fellaini and Young last year?

That being said, Argies just don't work for us do they? We could sign Messi and Maradona's genetically engineered baby and he'd underperform for us.

stepic

Hope PSG take him off our hands for a decent fee.
This kind of thinking I just don't understand. fair enough if we were a poor team which needed the money to reinvest. We don't. Di Maria, when on form, is one of our top 2 or 3 players, if not the best. But let's hope another team signs him, yeah. :wenger:

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
This kind of thinking I just don't understand. fair enough if we were a poor team which needed the money to reinvest. We don't. Di Maria, when on form, is one of our top 2 or 3 players, if not the best. But let's hope another team signs him, yeah. :wenger:
Doesn't fit the team, reportedly doesn't want to adhere to LVG's instructions, wife and children obviously don't want to be here after the robbery and probably didn't want to be anyway and I doubt he's particularly fond of the place either.

Chances of his form, attitude and general play improving are pretty slim, might as well cut our losses and get rid.

Hamadovich86

If he leaves I'll be shocked tbh. It makes no sense to splash a PL record fee on a guy one year and then sell him off after one bad season for a loss. I dont get why his heart doesnt seem to be in it. Maybe he just doesnt like Manchester or has fallen out with LvG but his complete and utter lack of desire to play is mind boggling.

Personally, I would not sell unless Veratti is in the equation and while it will be at a loss I dont think the club should except less than 50m. I'd keep him one more year and if his form does not improve we can cut our losses then and sell him off to Paris.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think he'll come back stronger next season and get back to his usual level. Needs to work on his strengh and get back to his "fighting" ways at Madrid. The bugger used to chase every lose ball.

JackXX

A lot of talk about him going to PSG. I would like to see him fight his way into the team next year but if he's not happy here he may be off. I actually think he was one of the best players in the league earlier in the season so he can do it here.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
It's much more disappointing. Falcao at least showed some fighting spirit and determination in the face of incredible difficulty. De Maria seems weak, physically and mentally, in comparison.

RedDF

He had a bad season and people on here making him seem like Obertan, i think people need to chill and see how he does next season if he stays.
One or two good performances next season and everyone will be calling him our best player, like they did in his first few games for us where he was head and shoulders above the rest!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Di Maria missing the Copa America would be a bad for us.
Even if misses to recuperate it wouldn't be so bad. If he goes despite having an injury and plays when he's 70%, that would suck balls.

ravi2

It's much more disappointing. Falcao at least showed some fighting spirit and determination in the face of incredible difficulty. De Maria seems weak, physically and mentally, in comparison.
You are right.... Falcao was clearly 100% invested in the club, as is Herrera and Blind.

Whatever inertia ADM initially came in faded fast...after the injury and the break in he does not seem to be mentally or physically with the rest of the team. His market value is still around £50M and I think we should seriously consider swapping him for Verratti as that is the man our midfield really needs.

Gundogan would be equally good for us IMO, as long as his spinal injury does not resurface.

Roman Bellic

Prick
He had a bad season and people on here making him seem like Obertan, i think people need to chill and see how he does next season if he stays.
One or two good performances next season and everyone will be calling him our best player, like they did in his first few games for us where he was head and shoulders above the rest!
So he shouldn't be criticised for his performances this season because he might be world class next season?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
astonishing that he ended the season second in assists to Fabregas.

Most people's perception is that he's been massively disappointing.
Does feel very Veron like, in that he made a storming start then just withered away though.

Really do wonder what's in Van Gaal's mind. Depay is coming in, Mata's been shoehorned in out wide. You have Young and Januzaj. Interesting conundrums.

EDIT ...just seen Cazorla snuck into second.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Angel Di Maria suffered only a coup. They did studies and there is no muscle injuries. It will soon be in Argentina.

Status
Not open for further replies.