5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

A-man

Two pictures with Pontus Jansson and Elanga. One from yesterday and one old pic when they celebrated Malmo winning the title (his dad played then).

NoPace

Do people think he's more of a striker than a winger? From his first team appearances he doesn't seem that good on the ball or at beating defenders but his runs in behind and directness/killer instinct looks really good. He did show dribbling ability in the youth levels from what I understand so maybe he'll show that. If not he should try to model himself around someone like Vardy who uses pace, intelligence and end product to cause endless trouble for defences
Yeah, I think he's more about goals than assists, but Sweden have Isak and Kulusevski doesn't seem to be trusted to do his defensive work so he might end up a wing forward type at club and country, unless they switch to a proper 4-3-3 with an aging Forsberg and 2 less attacking types (I gather Svanberg and Cajuste but have no idea).

Which seems fine. Cutting in from the left and making runs in behind seems like his game more than linking up a ton. So, basically we hope he becomes Mane?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
It's embarrassing when the first thought that pops into my mind is the senior players should be looking at this kid, and copying his attitude on and off the pitch.

He's been given a rare opportunity as a youngster to start for United, and I feel he's embraced and put in solid performances. The hunger to score that 1st goal has been so lacking the past few months, and definitely felt like it spurred on the rest of the team. He's earning his start, and Sancho should be thinking about doing the same.

Acole9

Outstanding
Spoke really well in his interview. I can see why Rangnick likes him.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Looking forward to his Sweden debut in March :drool:

Do people think he's more of a striker than a winger? From his first team appearances he doesn't seem that good on the ball or at beating defenders but his runs in behind and directness/killer instinct looks really good. He did show dribbling ability in the youth levels from what I understand so maybe he'll show that. If not he should try to model himself around someone like Vardy who uses pace, intelligence and end product to cause endless trouble for defences
I definitely have seen him dribbling past his man for the U23's, a bit like Lingard at his best. It's such a massive step up though, so who knows if he'll demonstrate it at this level given time.

RuudTom83

He looks like one of Ralf's men, along with DDG, McTom, Dalot and Telles.

Happy for him and its up to Sancho and Rashford to compete with him now.

GazTheLegend

Brentford players were bouncing off him. Strong and has a lovely first touch. Well done Elanga! (And all the people early in the thread that predicted this @Stobzilla @GueRed )

AussieDevil

I cant work out what type of player he will become. Before this season I would’ve said he can be a solid PL player but not United level, now he seems to be improving rapidly but I just hope his technical level has more room to improve.

Hopefully he grows confident as he gets more game time and we start to see him taking on players.

Mr PG

He has set the bar for Rashford to even think about getting back into the team. He works hard for the team even defending, contests headers, decision making is mint...once upon a time Rashford used to work hard before developing a sort of entitlement and sulking all over the pitch.

Red_toad

100% Agreed. That first year or so where a youth player plays with total freedom and fearlessness is an unparalleled boost to a side.
Bruno wasn’t a youth player and was exceptional for his first year and a half. So there’s a parallel

MrEleson

Elanga himself said his idol growing up was Henry, and that's whose game he tries to emulate.
I don’t see how that’s possible. He was an infant to toddler when Henry was playing at any serious level. He couldn’t have watched him live on TV, maybe through YouTube compilations.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Spoke really well after the game. Hoping he keeps his place for the weekend match.

JeffFromHK

He got great atttitude. Hope he won't be Macheda 5.0/Januzaj4.0/Martial 3.0/Rashford 2.0 and get complacent and feeling that he has already made it after getting some small success.

Bondi77

He got great atttitude. Hope he won't be Macheda 5.0/Januzaj4.0/Martial 3.0/Rashford 2.0 and get complacent and feeling that he has already made it after getting some small success.
That comes when you sign a 5yr contact worth 200k a week.

SoCross

he isn't going to read it dont worry.

He is already under plenty of weight and expectation. This is exactly the sort of thing we need to stop being so relaxed on, performances can't allowed be to slack.

I know he's young but that isn't really an excuse. We've got other kids around the world playing at 16/17/18 and doing just as good.

I dunno about that, if I were a 19 year old playing for Man United, one of the first things I’d do would be to go read what the fans are saying about me.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Well he said it. Maybe his dad was an arsenal fan?
He was five when Henry left for Arsenal, and he could have seen alot of football from five to eight. Probably not understood it well, but probably to the degree that he got a few idols. Furthermore, remember that his generation probably saw more football on youtube than Sky.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I dunno about that, if I were a 19 year old playing for Man United, one of the first things I’d do would be to go read what the fans are saying about me.
youngsters don't read forums. They'll be on twitter or instagram.

Anyway, part of being a pro is dealing with criticism. If you can't hack a few no name fans talking about you, you won't make it very far.

Nothing we've said here is unfair anyway, he was bad in the first half and he would admit it himself. Much better in the 2nd.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I don’t see how that’s possible. He was an infant to toddler when Henry was playing at any serious level. He couldn’t have watched him live on TV, maybe through YouTube compilations.
Well it’s true. Not hard to find football footage.

Born2Lose

A shame for United that you can't bottle that attitude and give it some of the other players. A rare gem for RR in the mess that currently is United.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
youngsters don't read forums. They'll be on twitter or instagram.

Anyway, part of being a pro is dealing with criticism. If you can't hack a few no name fans talking about you, you won't make it very far.

Nothing we've said here is unfair anyway, he was bad in the first half and he would admit it himself. Much better in the 2nd.
It wouldn't be surprising if he's read his threads on here, one of the posters in the youth forum has a son in the academy and says that the lads are very aware of RedCafe, a few years ago Callum Gribbin referenced us in a Tweet.

But yeah I agree, I think he'd be generally happy with the early reviews on here even if he did read it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It wouldn't be surprising if he's read his threads on here, one of the posters in the youth forum has a son in the academy and says that the lads are very aware of RedCafe, a few years ago Callum Gribbin referenced us in a Tweet.

But yeah I agree, I think he'd be generally happy with the early reviews on here even if he did read it.
I'm sure they're aware - but I'd imagine with media training they are taught to ignore it all anyway. Especially at United, you have to deal with a lot of stuff. It wouldn't surprise me if it's exactly what's happened to Maguire/Rashford.

Agreed, most people are very happy with Elanga so far, he's done a great job.

Hackman2210

Great interview - comes across as really humble and appreciative of his opportunities. Cant fault any of it. Difficult to say how good he will be long term, but hes here now and doing a job for us. Hopefully Rashford and Sancho can get some form in the meantime and help carry the load - we're going to need all the big guns firing to get top 4.

Abraxas

It was a good goal but I get the feeling he's got quite a long way to go in many areas. He did seem to increase in confidence afterwards. Doesn't seem like one of those players that comes through and looks incredibly polished already. It says a lot about the alternatives that Ralf is backing Elanga so heavily but it is also a good sign.

crossy1686

career ending
Someone else already said it but I'd rather have 11 Elanga's who want to be here and fight for the United shirt (even if they're not technically as good as the rest) than those who think they're entitled to be part of this

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
he actually reminds me of Welbeck but not falling over
I can see it; he is that same hybrid LW/ST type of prospect with his pace, stamina, and strength being pretty high for his age group, with his technical ability still to grow into. He’s also pretty good in the air.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think the closest front 3 to the ideal style of direct, front-foot, transition based football for Rangnick just on sheer profiles of the side would be Elanga, Cavani, + 1.

crossy1686

career ending
If this is true, we've glossed over the idea that one of our coaches is leaking to Andy Mitten...
Mitten is known to have excellent connections within United and he only puts articles like this out with a sources permission in an attempt to send a message usually. Perhaps a coach wanted to make sure Elanga didn’t let the latest adulation go to his head?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Mitten is known to have excellent connections within United and he only puts articles like this out with a sources permission in an attempt to send a message usually. Perhaps a coach wanted to make sure Elanga didn’t let the latest adulation go to his head?
If they have to go through media rather than speaking directly this is a concern don't you think, especially considering Elanga seems pretty level-headed? We usually see lineup leaks as well despite managerial changes, there's definitely something rotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.