View full 2021-22 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Well...apart from 2 full England internationals, one of whom is United's 13th highest goalscorer of all time and the other of whom cost £72m...
It's a good job he's been getting in the team ahead of them then.

3 players for two spots in a team that plays twice most weeks. All will get significant game time now.

Real Name

Boy looks class. Whats the best part he looks like a down to earth guy, works his ass all game and wants to take the opportunity presented to him. Long may it continue.

MrEleson

He works extremely hard and his attitude is infectious but I’m not convinced by his football quality yet. I guess we’ll see over the next few games with our attack suddenly looking light. He’ll have a ton of opportunities.

Ixion

We need to be really careful about putting too much expectation on him so quickly. Young players are notoriously inconsistent and he doesn't need the pressure of starting every week, he should be a back-up option or we'll burn him out (translation we'll start him every game and give him a £100k a week contract in June).

dutchred

I can see him developing along the lines that Van Persie did. Started a a flying left winger at Feyenoord and then later as a striker. Anthony is pretty good in the air as well

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We need to be really careful about putting too much expectation on him so quickly. Young players are notoriously inconsistent and he doesn't need the pressure of starting every week, he should be a back-up option or we'll burn him out (translation we'll start him every game and give him a £100k a week contract in June).
Thankfully Rangnick doesn't seem the type to inflate ego's. He will keep his feet on the ground.

city-puma

I can see him developing along the lines that Van Persie did. Started a a flying left winger at Feyenoord and then later as a striker. Anthony is pretty good in the air as well
Second this. A few if not many here (me included) have been surprised by his aerial capabilities. Overall, he is very athletic!

Man Utd 1:1 Middlesbrough

Bwuk

Feel bad for him. He clearly didn’t look confident. Hope this doesn’t affect him too much.

antk

Appreciated the many players coming to support him at the end.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Feel bad for him that his seniors couldn't lead by example and finish them off.

KennyBurner

Nothing to feel bad for. He missed and thats that.

However he doesn't have the technical ability to play on the wing. Why dont we just play him in his normal position as striker?

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Poor boy, I think he slotted well with his overall play but the header should have gone in, compared to 11 clear chances for Ronaldo, it is still nothing..

Born2Lose

Feel so sorry for the lad, he's been a joy to watch these last few games and I'm sure in time this experience will make him stronger.

Alemar

This miss might ruin his self confidence. Hopefully Elanga will recover

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Nothing to feel bad for. He missed and thats that.

However he doesn't have the technical ability to play on the wing. Why dont we just play him in his normal position as striker?
Why do you think so? His touch is and footwork is pretty good, so is his speed and interplay with fullback, he makes runs all day and tracks back. He will come good, but only made few appearances in the first team. He's not a palyer who will take on other players the way Sancho does but neither is Mane. Let him develop there, he showed good games there and so did in the youth, although yes, he could play up front as well..

ShinjiNinja26

Not going to blame the kid he obviously didn’t fancy taking one anyway as he was so far down the line but the fact is we should’ve wrapped it up before it even got to that stage.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Since the competitive season is over for United, hope he'll play more and gain experience before summer.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Hope it doesn't bother him too much as he seems to be a very sweet kid, well you gotta learn from this moments so hopefully he does.

Ludens the Red

Feel so sorry for the lad, he's been a joy to watch these last few games and I'm sure in time this experience will make him stronger.
Hes a shite player. Works hard but has no ability, another Fred/Mctominay thrown in there. Cos what we needed was another one of these eyesores stinking the place up but they have “passion”. Or something.
I don’t really feel sorry for him tbh. What kind of fecking shite technique for a pen was that? You’re a professional footballer, kick the ball properly.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Look, I’ll say it… Greenwood would’ve scored all those.

He’s a loveable try hard that’s never really looked like a potential top top player. I hope he can grow from this and become a useful squad guy though. He deserves it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Feel bad for him, that miss will ruin his confidence but Bruno and Ronaldo being complete fecking shite is the only reason he’s in this situation.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Feel for him, but it's a good test for his mental strength.

Not seeing much blame for him, which is good. Hope he realises that

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I don’t think he’s good enough to make it at United.

mu4c_20le

Hes a shite player. Works hard but has no ability, another Fred/Mctominay thrown in there. Cos what we needed was another one of these eyesores stinking the place up but they have “passion”. Or something.
I don’t really feel sorry for him tbh. What kind of fecking shite technique for a pen was that? You’re a professional footballer, kick the ball properly.
:houllier: someones had a few glasses

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Yeah Greenwood would’ve scored but he got arrested for being a rapist so shut the feck up about him.
I’d absolutely love to…feck him and any horse he’s ever rode on…. but the point is more that this guy isn’t remotely near the quality we need, however much we’d love to convince ourselves he can fill a gaping hole in the squad.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I’d absolutely love to…feck him and any horse he’s ever rode on…. but the point is more that this guy isn’t remotely near the quality we need, however much we’d love to convince ourselves he can fill a gaping hole in the squad.
Yeah you’re probably right to be fair, still quite like the lad though.

the_cliff

Played poorly missed the pen but is young and learning, don't blame him.

The game wouldn't have reached that stage anyway if our 'senior' players could finish their dinner.

KennyBurner

Why do you think so? His touch is and footwork is pretty good, so is his speed and interplay with fullback, he makes runs all day and tracks back. He will come good, but only made few appearances in the first team. He's not a palyer who will take on other players the way Sancho does but neither is Mane. Let him develop there, he showed good games there and so did in the youth, although yes, he could play up front as well..
What? Tell me you have never watched mane before.

flameinthesun

Poor penalty but I also have sympathy with him as it was a pressure penalty.

He seems a tidy player but unfortunately I don't really think he has that spark to be a first team player in the future for us. Reminds me a bit of when Brandon Williams was introduced into the team. His freshness and commitment was so nice to see in contrast to shaw, but in reality was good enough to play for a team challenging for trophies.

Walters_19_MuFc

Had a good chance with his header which he should have done better with. Obviously a poor penalty. Never looked confident but the game should have been wrapped up long before he came on. Feel for him but no doubt he'll pick himself up and go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.