6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

Am I the only one that can't help smiling watching him play?

He's just one of those players that is so enjoyable to watch. He brings a sense of excitement and magic to the game. Everytime he gets the ball you sit up, in anticipation of him doing something, and you can tell defenders are shit scared of him already too. The second he gets the ball they're backing off. We haven't really had a player like that since Nani's peak, and before then, Ronaldo. RVP is the closest, but he was exciting in a completely different way.

Red Stone

I'll honestly never grow tired of his goal against Liverpool. Just watched it again now and ended up having to replay it 15 times. I'm probably into triple digits at this point. It's a perfect goal. The timing, the occasion, the execution... There's also something very special about the roar from the Stretford End when the ball finds the net. Rarely hear the crowd scream like that at foodball matches.

One of those United moments I'll never ever forget.

Baxter

Read before he signed that he was raw and would take time to settle, but his game looks so accomplished it's very impressive. I can't see how it would be possible that he's not first choice #9 now. He was brilliant.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Congrats to this massive signing. Looks like he could be a real world beater. Kinda reminds me of the young Rooney.

France really has some talents coming up. Coman at Bayern looked very promising so far as well.

ManUSarge

quickly becoming a favorite of mine. He and Memphis are going to be special. I like Mata but if we can get some speed on the other side our front line can be quite good.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Congrats to this massive signing. Looks like he could be a real world beater. Kinda reminds me of the young Rooney.

France really has some talents coming up. Coman at Bayern looked very promising so far as well.
They've got a truckload coming through. Here's hoping they don't just fizzle out at the next major national tournament.

Red Stone

France are going to have a hard time giving their strikers enough games with Lacazette, Martial, Benzema, Griezmann, Coman and Fekir all wanting in. I guess Fekir could play deeper and Griezmann and Coman could play wide. Crazy amount of attacking talent, though.

Add Pogba, Varane, Laporte, Kondogbia, Kurzawa and Zouma to the mix and the future of French football is looking very bright.

NoPace

Linked play well, scored twice and drew 2 yellow cards with his running. Excellent stuff.

Aussie_Red_Devil

Haven'tseen the full game yet but had a look at the goals, so can't comment on his overall game, but feck me this kid is ice cold in front of goal. His finished already looks top class.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
In all of his minutes so far, I've yet to see him snatch at any action he's made, be it a pass or a shot. Even if things don't come off, the intent and idea behind it is clear and apparent. There's not only composure in there, but also a speed of thought and ability to process the game rapidly in a way where his final action always looks like he has all the time in the world.

All his goals so far have involved intricacy and a functional process where if you slow down the action of the play you see all the nuance before the ball hits the back of the net. You won't find that in many strikers around, so to have 'it' at 19 years old makes it clear this kid is a special talent. He looks like the type who can pick and choose the best option for each scenario and it will be interesting to see the range of goals and attempts he makes over the course of the season.

The biggest problem we might have with him is actually pulling him from games and giving him the breaks from our starting xi that teenagers generally need, because, as a player, irrespective of age, he gives us everything we need in a lead the line striker, so much so that people might forget this is a kid who needs to avoid burnout.

He's going to have a respect and fear factor to him if he keeps going at defenses in the way he's done to Liverpool and Southampton. The most dangerous and clever element to his running is the way that once he gets beyond a player, he cuts straight across them, meaning they're at risk of a red or yellow immediately if they try to challenge him on their wrong side. If he keeps doing what he's shown in his brief time in the PL, opposition managers are going to have to cater to his game in short order, which will benefit the rest of the team immensely.

Another thing that seems to be apparent is that his one-touch and link-up ability is better than what we have here - he looks like he can ping balls back and forth all day and he makes the appropriate runs off the ball to receive and go again, and again. He really looks like the type who would thrive with a proper and competent #10 behind him.

It's quite astonishing that this random kid most of the caf knew nothing about has just popped up and looks like such a polished all-round player straight out the gate. I wasn't expecting anything like the player we've got and little by little I'm wondering what the actual holes in his game are as he looks ridiculously competent to this point in time.

I wonder how LVG will manage fan expectations if Martial keeps performing like this.
Great post.

ZDwyr

Blown away by how good he is. The fact I had no real idea who he was before we signed him has made watching him even more fun. Just absolutely ruthless in front of goal. Would probably rest him midweek and unleash him against Sunderland.

suheilsworld

Cool as ice! Just the Cf we need. Rooney ain't going to get a sniff at no.9 with him now. He really shows all the attributes of what we want from a striker. His hold up play is so composed, loved to run at defenders and is not afraid to take a shot when needed. Can't believe we have him as our CF. :keano:

Up yours Daily Mail!!!

Sereques

He has this look about him like someone that just want to get the job done, simple. I like that he doesn't speak English yet, else the press will be queuing up for interviews.

suheilsworld

In all of his minutes so far, I've yet to see him snatch at any action he's made, be it a pass or a shot. Even if things don't come off, the intent and idea behind it is clear and apparent. There's not only composure in there, but also a speed of thought and ability to process the game rapidly in a way where his final action always looks like he has all the time in the world.

All his goals so far have involved intricacy and a functional process where if you slow down the action of the play you see all the nuance before the ball hits the back of the net. You won't find that in many strikers around, so to have 'it' at 19 years old makes it clear this kid is a special talent. He looks like the type who can pick and choose the best option for each scenario and it will be interesting to see the range of goals and attempts he makes over the course of the season.

The biggest problem we might have with him is actually pulling him from games and giving him the breaks from our starting xi that teenagers generally need, because, as a player, irrespective of age, he gives us everything we need in a lead the line striker, so much so that people might forget this is a kid who needs to avoid burnout.

He's going to have a respect and fear factor to him if he keeps going at defenses in the way he's done to Liverpool and Southampton. The most dangerous and clever element to his running is the way that once he gets beyond a player, he cuts straight across them, meaning they're at risk of a red or yellow immediately if they try to challenge him on their wrong side. If he keeps doing what he's shown in his brief time in the PL, opposition managers are going to have to cater to his game in short order, which will benefit the rest of the team immensely.

Another thing that seems to be apparent is that his one-touch and link-up ability is better than what we have here - he looks like he can ping balls back and forth all day and he makes the appropriate runs off the ball to receive and go again, and again. He really looks like the type who would thrive with a proper and competent #10 behind him.

It's quite astonishing that this random kid most of the caf knew nothing about has just popped up and looks like such a polished all-round player straight out the gate. I wasn't expecting anything like the player we've got and little by little I'm wondering what the actual holes in his game are as he looks ridiculously competent to this point in time.

I wonder how LVG will manage fan expectations if Martial keeps performing like this.
That is a good read!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Yep, fully agree. Watching him, you can't see a real weak point. He's tall enough and has a good leap on him and can hold his own in the air, winning 7 aerial duels today (though we haven't seen how good he is at heading it at goal yet), he's really fast, strong, has very good hold up and link up play, makes good runs in behind, works hard, very good at going past players, has a great touch, and is ridiculously composed in front of goal. And has played 2 pretty big games in his first 2 United games in the league and has been brilliant in both. He absolutely has it all. Just a matter of keeping it up and keeping his head down, because he has it all to become a world class player and one of the best players around.

The Law of Denis

He has that Bergkamp/Cantona aura about him because he always seems to be two steps ahead of the play, his decision making is fantastic and his composure to pull off his vision really makes him stand out. He also has the really special ability to turn up the pace and burn past the defenders if need be.

Technically he is great as well, his finishing and the way he opens up his body is fantastic. And of course he complements all his footballing brain and talent with his physical ability.

I think he is the most talented teenager I have seen play for Untied since Ronaldo. I also think he will be our top scorer this season if he gets enough minutes. I hope he can stay with us for his peak years.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I wonder if Gaz still thinks that Martial was a 'desperate' signing

There's nothing that excites me about this deal.
Sorry Dev, couldn't resist. I don't think anyone's in a position to be holier than thou. Well, anyone except the people in the club that were roundly criticised for thinking he was worth anywhere near that amount. Us fans were generally clueless.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Neville was chatting shit there - Rooney and Ronaldo were playing day in and day out when they came here. If a players ready, he is ready. And Martial looks more than ready, physically and mentally he looks solid.
I believe Neville can't get the concept that this Johnny Foreigner may well end up Rooney's career with us and take another spot from the English nationals. He certainly wouldn't be so doubtful if Harry Kane or Saido Berahino were at United and doing so well

devilish

Sorry Dev, couldn't resist. I don't think anyone's in a position to be holier than thou. Well, anyone except the people in the club that were roundly criticised for thinking he was worth anywhere near that amount. Us fans were generally clueless.
Its true there was nothing that excites me with this deal cause I knew nothing about him. That's why I asked kouroux and JPRouve about what they think about the player. They follow the French League as much as I follow the Serie A so they know their stuff

Please note that I am not paid quite handsomely to go on life TV dressed like a secret agent from Man in Black and act like a football 'expert'. Football is a hobby for me not a profession. Hence you cant blame me for not knowing anything about the French Ligue (something I've been honest about from day 1). If I am paid to do such job I would certainly make sure to follow football more (at least the main leagues ie La Liga, the German, Italian and French league) and ask people who watch French football regularly what they think before sprouting such crap on life TV.

Last edited:

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
The only thing I can think of is that Martial is very important to how we play. If he got injured, we'd only have Wilson potentially similar IF he's ready to play his natural game but he's no where near as strong yet. When we had Rooney and Ronaldo, we had more options and the team was in much better shape

devilish

The only thing I can think of is that Martial is very important to how we play. If he got injured, we'd only have Wilson potentially similar IF he's ready to play his natural game but he's no where near as strong yet. When we had Rooney and Ronaldo, we had more options and the team was in much better shape
The problem isn't Wilson but Rooney. Rooney should be playing as a world class striker whose being paid god knows how much while Martial and Wilson should be fighting for a backup role. Till the time of writing Rooney had failed to deliver and Martial had stepped up. You cant blame Wilson for that

United again!

Linked play well, scored twice and drew 2 yellow cards with his running. Excellent stuff.
What :lol: linked play well? His link up play was dreadful apart from the goals. He gave it away loads. Cool as a cucumber on the goals however, still a lot of developing to do but this is some dynamite game time that he's getting and he really does look like he has the goods. Pretty stoked for how it is going for him so far.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He makes an impression as if he's mentally on top of everything. Nothing seems to faze him, he stays cool and calm, no nerves or crazy emotions. The way he opened up his body against Liverpool and Southampten just shows that he's a very composed finisher as well. His build up play is already quite good.

Bape

How fast is he really?

I don't quite see the frightening pace of Henry but he seems as quick as say an Anelka in his prime.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
One thing which has surprised me is his strength and willingness to challenge the defenders. He doesn't mind going up in the air back to goal and trying to get something on the ball, often winning the header. He has far more to his game than I initially thought he would.

When you watch Wilson (who I rate highly) he just jumps with no intention of winning the ball, just makes it look like he is doing something, Martial gets in there and challenges the CB which is great to see.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He's my favourite United player at the moment. With the pressure that's on him to perform well at such a young age he's thriving. Looks so calm and composed in front of goal. Can see this lad being our no.9 for many years to come.

Trizy

The thing i noticed about him is that he wins a lot of headers from goal kicks and long balls, I think he won 7 ariel duels today, that is a very good stat. I like his understanding with mata and memphis , Rooney is poor and i'd rather we had januzaj/herrera playing behind him to give him through balls. I hope our current players take advantage of his good ariel ability.
Noticed that alright and laughed about it because someone was on here saying he was getting dominated in the air by defenders, which is not true at all. He seemed to win and flick on everyone of them, it's just a pity no one was making a press for the second ball.

United again!

Calm down. He did fine. Not brilliant but good enough, never in a million years was he dreadful yesterday.
No he was never in a million years dreadful, but I didn't say he was dreadful, his link up play though, was very ordinary. I think he only had about 57% passing accuracy which is abhorrent, those numbers are in another world compared to Rooney at 9 in some of his 'worst' performances this season. The lad is young and he bagged two goals, so slate wiped clean and on we go!

Red Stone

A lot of his passes didn't come off yesterday, especially in the first half, but the intent was clear. He was trying to make things happen all the time. If he can polish that side of his game and build a bit of chemistry with the rest of the team he has the potential to become a genuinely world class complete forward. His footballing brain seems very good.

In the second half he had a couple of very good combinations to open up space so he could run at the defenders. Think both of them ended with the centre back getting booked.

Shark

@NotShark
A lot of his passes didn't come off yesterday, especially in the first half, but the intent was clear. He was trying to make things happen all the time. If he can polish that side of his game and build a bit of chemistry with the rest of the team he has the potential to become a genuinely world class complete forward. His footballing brain seems very good.

In the second half he had a couple of very good combinations to open up space so he could run at the defenders. Think both of them ended with the centre back getting booked.
Yep. They couldn't deal with him at all when he tried to skip past them. It's such a relief to have an attacker that can go past players again.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
No he was never in a million years dreadful, but I didn't say he was dreadful, his link up play though, was very ordinary. I think he only had about 57% passing accuracy which is abhorrent, those numbers are in another world compared to Rooney at 9 in some of his 'worst' performances this season. The lad is young and he bagged two goals, so slate wiped clean and on we go!
Ahh, so it's ordinary. That's better than dreadful in my book. I don't like how everything is taken to extremes these days, either brilliant or terrible, nothing can be just fine or okay. It's the clickbait nature of the internet I suppose.
I thought he did fairly well in terms of passing. Obviously being the lone striker means he will often have lower passing accuracies than the rest of the team. Do you know if headers were counted in that stat? From his highlights I'd have thought he had more than 57%.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Agree, he was not a patch on Rooney who has been terrific in link up this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.