Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
""The Mkhitaryan process I was having almost every day. His agent was calling me saying, 'Mkhitaryan with you will be a better player, keep going.'"

Raiola doing good by us. He is a smart boy, he knows where the moolah is.

SirAF

Ageist
""The Mkhitaryan process I was having almost every day. His agent was calling me saying, 'Mkhitaryan with you will be a better player, keep going.'"

Raiola doing good by us. He is a smart boy, he knows where the moolah is.
:drool:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Feck knows what Valdes was playing at for his goal tbh.

Xcited

Was really good today.

Made very direct runs with lots of purpose. Constantly trying to beat players and take the shot on goal, or play through to someone in a more dangerous position.

His positioning and build up play was good today. Managed to get himself in some really good positions to create goal scoring chances.

Would be great if he could kick on from here, and start performing at higher levels, as he is capable of reaching brilliant levels.

Sylar

Fantastic game, best probably this season. Was so nice to see him pushed up next to Zlatan as well. I would love to see this more often if / when chasing games.
Also nice to see him use his left foot a few times today. Getting to the byline is needed by him as it makes him much less predictable to defend against and opens up cutting in and shooting on his right.

And agreed, was nice to see him finish off the game rather than being the obvious sub of him for Rashford (or Mata).

Think he was expecting Martial to hit it across the goal and somewhat gambled and just got wrong footed and was stranded as a result. Was a superb finish, didnt really let the keeper settle.

Eddy_JukeZ

Best performance of the season easily.

Need more of that. Great finish too after that miss earlier.

Cathy Ferguson

That was very strange from Valdes who left almost an open goal for Martial.

Great to see the lad back in good form. He was great for us last season but then had a bout of burn out for 6 months.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Where was that guy on here saying that we overrated his performances from last season and he isn't all that special? The guy can easily become world class if he plays like today and keeps it up. Yes he had a tough first half of this season, hardly unheard of to have an inconsistent start to his second season after a drastic style change from the last manager. He's shown plenty of glimpses of his class throughout the season and today was the biggest.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Very happy for him. He needed a big match like that for his confidence and he needed to feel he can be decisive. I wouldn't be surprised if this truly kicks off his season now.

rotherham_red

His agent is a cnut. Martial in his own words said he needed to improve and knows what is required of him from Jose, and intimated as much in his last interview back in France. Jose has now come out and said the same, and this too after a good performance, thus making sure that he doesn't rest on his laurels.

Keep it up Jose, I want a Martial with a point to prove every week if it means we get more performances like that one!

Dante

Average bang
His skillset is better utilised through the middle, imo. He has incredible quality, but is only using it to 'do a job' on the wing.

The goal from the traditional targetman+quick striker setup up front. The problem is that we don't have the midfield to play a 4-4-2.

I think he'd be better than Zlatan when Zlatan plays as a targetman, but not quite as good when Zlatan plays as a false 9. Just my opinion, though.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I'm not really a fan of his, as I feel he just isn't as good as his fans make out.
However, against Middlesborough, I thought he was excellent and I voted him as MOTM. It was his best performance in a very long time.

ti vu

Happy for him. Got a good goal and great game. May do good for his confidence. Long may it continue.

RooneyLegend

Once he sorts out his off the ball movement he'll be one of the best players in the world.

Bwuk

On his day he's as good as anyone.

Beyond idiotic that the likes of Lingard have played ahead of him this season.

ti vu

On his day he's as good as anyone.

Beyond idiotic that the likes of Lingard have played ahead of him this season.
This again? :annoyed:

There was time earlier this season when Martial was only marginally better than the like of Lingard while way less defensive astute as Lingard.

Let say we lost today game. He had overall good game, but in Boro goal, he neglected his defensive duty. Today he has a good game going forward that's worth the gamble. Not so much for some of his performance in some other game earlier in the season where he's not as good in attacking. That would be idiot to gamble on him on that sort of form and having other teams attacking down our left hand side (our left backs are shaky)

Edit: Martial was not at fault for our goal today. We switched to 2 at the top and Martial was retired of defensive duty at the time of our conceding goal. It was Mkhi's fault in this goal

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Bar Messi/Ronaldo, a on form Martial is as good as anyone. And this isn't alcohol talking!
It ain't alcohol but it must be some special drug for sure. There are dozens and dozens of players, when on form, who have been much better than Martial ever has so far.

OohAahMartial

Maybe the first time this season that we've seen the real Martial. MOTM performance from me and was happy to see Pogba starting to trust Martial more. Thought he also linked up nicely with Rashford when he came on. Played with a point to prove. Key is how to get him similarly motivated every game. I do wonder if that agent of his has been distracting him a lot, but after Jose's roasting of his agent maybe he will change agency? He does indeed listen to Jose and the scary thing is if he does he will be even better than he is now. Its easy to forget that Jose has coached many top wingers. I just hope this is finally the start of a good run of form.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
He needs to improve his shooting. That right inside is ridiculous. No power and poor accuracy. When he curved it toward Valdes left and ended up almost in the middle of the goal...jesus christ. At the moment he's not much of a forward.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He needs to improve his shooting. That right inside is ridiculous. No power and poor accuracy. When he curved it toward Valdes left and ended up almost in the middle of the goal...jesus christ. At the moment he's not much of a forward.
Lol, so what is he?

3KDré

He played yesterday, but could have done better still. We'd have been even better if he had finished some chances he ought to have finished IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.