6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

haram

What about Martial's 11 in 8? Is that not a great return considering the time spent on pitch by both players?
Maybe consider the context of a lot of these goals and assists? When we are already leading in games? Ever considered that our tactics are different at 0-0 compared to when it's 3-0? That Rashford plays in a different game at 0-0 than Martial does when he comes on and we are 2/3-0 up already? That perhaps the game has opened up when Martial comes on to the pitch?

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
You're continued criticism of the player and lauding of Martial in both this thread and the Rashford thread isn't transparent at all.

Everyone was shit against Southampton. Believing Martial would have made a difference when we couldn't get out of our half is silly.
I've commented that he was shit against Everton and poor against Southampton, it's hardly continued criticism is it ?

itso 7

Oh would you stop whining? Mourinho wants to set his team out in a specific way and has specific tactics. Just because they play in the same position does not mean they offer the same things. How difficult is that to understand? Rashford offers him something specific and is carrying out instructions given to him by Mourinho.

That's why even after a poor performance against Everton he is still favoured. It's not fecking rocket science. We're fecking winning he doesn't need to change anything.
I am simply stating things as I see them if that appears as whining to you I don't give a flying feck. In a world where special talents are costing outrageous amounts I am shocked that our manager seems intent on holding back one of the few we have and historically he has form for this. Its blantant ahort termism which could come back to haunt us in the not too distant future if Martial decides enough is enough - it didn't even take De Bruyne two years to find his way back to the PL and to Chelsea's rivals.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I've commented that he was shit against Everton and poor against Southampton, it's hardly continued criticism is it ?
Are we pretending you haven't posted anything else in either thread now are we?

Silas

Maybe consider the context of a lot of these goals and assists? When we are already leading in games? Ever considered that our tactics are different at 0-0 compared to when it's 3-0? That Rashford plays in a different game at 0-0 than Martial does when he comes on and we are 2/3-0 up already? That perhaps the game has opened up when Martial comes on to the pitch?
People are still saying this?

haram

People are still saying this?
Saying what? A valid point? Explain to me why it's not valid? Is the context of the game not different at 0-0 compared to 3-0? Do you think Mourinho ignores these things?

I am simply stating things as I see them if that appears as whining to you I don't give a flying feck. In a world where special talents are costing outrageous amounts I am shocked that our manager seems intent on holding back one of the few we have and historically he has form for this. Its blantant ahort termism which could come back to haunt us in the not too distant future if Martial decides enough is enough - it didn't even take De Bruyne two years to find his way back to the PL and to Chelsea's rivals.
It's not short termism, and he isn't holding anyone back. We are 7 games into the season. Our squad will evolve and change going forward. The players will evolve and change. You are the one being short sighted.

All of our players are improving and getting games yet Mourinho is being short termist. Lindelof was a short term signing as well then I take it? Or maybe Mourinho is balancing winning games and managing the squad. Yeah Mourinho is being real short term my starting a 19 year old regularly.

ivaldo

Feel free to quote what I've written which is incorrect then.
Here's a better game. Why don't you quote your praise for Rashford in this thread or his own? After that. Quote your criticisms of Martial and we will see how balanced your posts are then :)

itso 7

This is just false, the myth that Martial can't do it against fresh defenses is exactly that and it conveniently writes off his exploits in his debut season. Its an imaginery fact used to justify unjustifiable decisions. Martial started in midweek and put in a MOTM performance but because he is performing and confident its easy to see his undeserved dropping as deliberately denying him the chance to press his case further. What did Rashford do in his last PL match to justify coming in for Martial after his CL exploits?

haram

Please what rounded game of Rashford are you talking about?
Mind explaining?
Better work rate going both ways. More explosive. Better dead ball. Type of runs he makes off the ball which stretches defences. His attitude has been brilliant in general. I don't know if you call it rounded but there are things he offers which Mourinho prefers for this Man United team and his tactics.

snk123

Here's a better game. Why don't you quote your praise for Rashford in this thread or his own? After that. Quote your criticisms of Martial and we will see how balanced your posts are then :)
A poster who has been spouting BS about Antonio Valencia for over 3 years suddenly wants balance in the posts. Wow.

haram

This is just false, the myth that Martial can't do it against fresh defenses is exactly that and it conveniently writes off his exploits in his debut season. Its an imaginery fact used to justify unjustifiable decisions. Martial started in midweek and put in a MOTM performance but because he is performing and confident its easy to see his undeserved dropping as deliberately denying him the chance to press his case further. What did Rashford do in his last PL match to justify coming in for Martial after his CL exploits?
It's not about "fresh defences". It's about the shapes of teams changing. Martial started midweek and did really well. That does not make him more suitable than Rashford for the specific tasks Mourinho wants from the LW/LF.

ivaldo

A poster who has been spouting BS about Antonio Valencia for over 3 years suddenly wants balance in the posts. Wow.
Great contribution. Feel free to claim I haven't praised when he's played well. I look forward to making you eat your words. It might be worth actually searching my posts on the player before making that step though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
5 goals and 6 assists in 9 appearances is pretty outrageous to be honest. He should beat his first season tally of 17 goals and 11 assists.
It's 5 goals and 6 assists in 370 minutes. He's averaging a fecking goal/assist every 34 minutes.

ivaldo

I take that as you admitting you can't back up your own claims..
I take it you can't find a single post from those two instances I've mentioned above. It's OK, you've only mentioned Rashford 86 times in your post's...

snk123

Great contribution. Feel free to claim I haven't praised when he's played well. I look forward to making you eat your words. It might be worth actually searching my posts on the player before making that step though.
Still better contribution than you coming in and whining because some people have eyes and rate Martial above Rashford.

ivaldo

Still better contribution than you coming in and whining because some people have eyes and rate Martial above Rashford.
Ah so you don't want to make that claim. What a suprise! How dare I defend a player who has got a goal or an assist every 34 minutes (thanks @DWelbz19) or a manager who has got us off to our greatest ever start!
Baffling that I would argue it isn't down to an irrational dislike for Martial. I've not said people are wrong for rating Martial over Rashford by the way, might be worth using those 'eyes' all you sages possess.

snk123

Your posts on Valencia are comedy fecking galore.
https://www.redcafe.net/search/68588720/?page=1&q=valencia&o=date&c[user][0]=69879

I'll post the best one in the Matteo Darmian thread.
ivaldo said:
Let's just hope he runs over Valencia as he drives into Carrington.
Can't believe a poster so biased wants "balance" - stop whining and let other people have opinions as well.

itso 7

It's not about "fresh defences". It's about the shapes of teams changing. Martial started midweek and did really well. That does not make him more suitable than Rashford for the specific tasks Mourinho wants from the LW/LF.
The only thing Rashford has over Martial is work rate but his skill set could be more useful on the right because as a right footer cutting in from the left his movement with the ball at his feet is not consistently good. Under LVG these kids played well in the same team at the same time so even if Mourinho rated what Rashford brings to the table he could still play both especially looking at how other players in that front four are performing (did Mkhi even complete a pass yesterday?).

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Ah so you don't want to make that claim. What a suprise! How dare I defend a player who has got a goal or an assist every 34 minutes (thanks @DWelbz19) or a manager who has got us off to our greatest ever start!
Baffling that I would argue it isn't down to an irrational dislike for Martial. I've not said people are wrong for rating Martial over Rashford by the way, might be worth using those 'eyes' all you sages possess.
He's talking about Martial. Rashford is on a goal or assist every 63 minutes which is still great and our second best at the moment.

ivaldo

Your posts on Valencia are comedy fecking galore.
https://www.redcafe.net/search/68588720/?page=1&q=valencia&o=date&c[user][0]=69879

I'll post the best one in the Matteo Darmian thread.

Can't believe a poster so biased wants "balance" - stop whining and let other people have opinions as well.
Superb run from Valencia and great movement from Mhikfirjsjjefcaan. He does thrive in this set up.
That took me all of three seconds to find, hidden away on the first page...

You're doing a great job. :lol:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
5 goals and 4 assists?
Martial's on 5 goals and 6 assists in 370 minutes (goal every 74 mins, goal or assist every 34 mins).
Rashford's on 5 goals and 4 assists in 567 minutes (goal every 113 minutes, goal or assist every 63 minutes).

The last few pages have been constant bickering about the two which is tiresome. They're both great players in their own right and it shouldn't be an either/or situation.

ivaldo

He's talking about Martial. Rashford is on a goal or assist every 63 minutes which is still great and our second best at the moment.
Ah thanks. As you say still a superb contribution. Beggars belief anyone would complain about either of their contributions this season.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Mourinho also preferred Oscar to KDB, ask Chelsea fans how they feel with that now given how both players have turned out?
I remember seeing yesterday this funny image running around on the Internet mocking Chelsea by showing KDB, Lukaku and Salah with a caption saying something of sort "Chelsea helping their main rivals" or something similar. Then read a reply below saying "All sold by Mourinho" :lol:

It's funny but true. Mourinho has really fecked up Chelsea of some of their talents.

snk123

That took me all of three seconds to find, hidden away on the first page...

You're doing a great job. :lol:
You seriously want me to post all of your nonsense in this thread? You can like/dislike a player but to suddenly take the moral fecking high ground and ask for balance in the posts just reeks of hypocrisy when you've been slating our most consistent player for 3 years.

Hawks2008

I remember seeing yesterday this funny image running around on the Internet mocking Chelsea by showing KDB, Lukaku and Salah with a caption saying something of sort "Chelsea helping their main rivals" or something similar. Then read a reply below saying "All sold by Mourinho" :lol:

It's funny but true. Mourinho has really fecked up Chelsea of some of their talents.
C'mon mate, they don't run around enough so mourinho was right to sell them

haram

The only thing Rashford has over Martial is work rate but his skill set could be more useful on the right because as a right footer cutting in from the left his movement with the ball at his feet is not consistently good. Under LVG these kids played well in the same team at the same time so even if Mourinho rated what Rashford brings to the table he could still play both especially looking at how other players in that front four are performing (did Mkhi even complete a pass yesterday?).
Work rate going both ways. The type of runs he makes. His explosiveness. His dead balls. Rashford is a fantastic forward.

Mata and Mhki again offer different things. They aren't the same players as Rashford and Martial. Mourinho has Mata, Mhki and Rashford as his supposed favoured three due to tactical considerations. Not because he supposedly doesn't like Martial like some in here want to claim.

The team is winning and doing well. Mourinho can see what is going right and what isn't. He will look at the individuals in the team and see what they are doing right/wrong in terms of the whole team as context. He has stressed this with Fellaini and Mata and spoken about 'the team'. It's not as simple as 'Martial has come off the bench and scored and assisted more than the players who started'. It really isn't just that simple, especially with a team that keeps winning.

InfiniteBoredom

His preference for Oscar that lead to the sale of Mata and De Bruyne was baffling, since he eventually binned him the season after and brought in Cesc anyway. Plenty at the time justified that with 'workrate' as well. Even weirder because his previous no.10 like Ozil and Sneijder were hardly paragons of defensive ethics on the pitch.

Every manager has his blind spot I guess. SAF practically drove Nani out of the team in favour of Young/Valencia and Tevez for Berbatov as well. It just happens.

ivaldo

You seriously want me to post all of your nonsense in this thread? You can like/dislike a player but to suddenly take the moral fecking high ground and ask for balance in the posts just reeks of hypocrisy when you've been slating our most consistent player for 3 years.
You can dislike a player and still provide an element of balance. I disliked Valencia being made a fullback and having to endure several years of shit performances while he acclimatised to the position. Now he's a good fullback (who can't cross) and In recent times I've praised him when he's played well. Which is what i asked (well done for completely misreading the question) but in your dickish attempt to wade into the discussion you've completely missed the poster in question not being able to offer up a single instance of outright praise and have wrongly compared to the two instances.

Not only that but in your mad panic to criticise me you've completely mistook my part in the discussion as moaning about posters preferring Martial or Rashford. If you actually paid attention to the discussion youll know that. Maybe use those 'eyes' you Martial fans seem to exclusively own.

Still, we are digressing here, discussions of Valencia can go to his thread if you want to continue it.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
It's only here on the Caf and Phil Neville that Rashford get ridiculously overrated and likened to talent obviously far superior than him.

I noticed Rashford status increase by him being compared to superior talent than him. At first it just sounds silly then after it get brought over and over it start becoming a Caf truth.

The notion of comparing Rashford to Martial itself is silly due to the mere fact that Martial is obviously a far more talented player, that much is obvious to anyone who is being objective in regard to those two. Heck outside the Caf and Phil Neville you'd be hard pressed seeing anyone even entertaining such ideas.

Comparisons with Martial have been made and brought up many times on the Caf that some have started to believe they might actually be close and a case can be made for Rashford.

itso 7

Work rate going both ways. The type of runs he makes. His explosiveness. His dead balls. Rashford is a fantastic forward.

Mata and Mhki again offer different things. They aren't the same players as Rashford and Martial. Mourinho has Mata, Mhki and Rashford as his supposed favoured three due to tactical considerations. Not because he supposedly doesn't like Martial like some in here want to claim.

The team is winning and doing well. Mourinho can see what is going right and what isn't. He will look at the individuals in the team and see what they are doing right/wrong in terms of the whole team as context. He has stressed this with Fellaini and Mata and spoken about 'the team'. It's not as simple as 'Martial has come off the bench and scored and assisted more than the players who started'. It really isn't just that simple, especially with a team that keeps winning.
What tactical considerations trump creating and scoring goals which is the whole point of football anyway? Unless you are touting the ultra defensive mantra that borders on cowardice. Football is simple really, if you score goals you win matches and its not like Martial is lumbering about the place in the defensive phase of the game. To say Mourinho hates Martial is simplistic but to me he lacks vision and patience needed to deal with maverick talents and his past form proves that. Give him robotic players who bust a gut and he is in heaven but is it sustainable and how long do you think Rashford will want to run his ass off at the expense of his forward play?
Another poster has shared a joke about how City, Liverpool and us have key attacking players that Mourinho sold in preference of world beaters like Oscar and Schullie (sp). How much did Chelsea lose out on in terms of on pitch contribution and transfer fees and its not like these players needed five years to develop either.

haram

What tactical considerations trump creating and scoring goals which is the whole point of football anyway? Unless you are touting the ultra defensive mantra that borders on cowardice. Football is simple really, if you score goals you win matches and its not like Martial is lumbering about the place in the defensive phase of the game. To say Mourinho hates Martial is simplistic but to me he lacks vision and patience needed to deal with maverick talents and his past form proves that. Give him robotic players who bust a gut and he is in heaven but is it sustainable and how long do you think Rashford will want to run his ass off at the expense of his forward play?
Another poster has shared a joke about how City, Liverpool and us have key attacking players that Mourinho sold in preference of world beaters like Oscar and Schullie (sp). How much did Chelsea lose out in terms of on pitch contribution and transfer fees and its not like these players needed five years to develop either.
Tactical considerations that win us games? We are winning games before Martial gets on to the pitch. It's quite simple. In fact, against Leciester, Martial started and it was Rashford who came on and scored the winner anyway.

He also got rid of Mata and now plays him every game, it's tactical.

Ubermensch

Can't wait for Martial s form to be heralded a mourinho masterclass as if being given 5 minutes of the bench is the optimal condition for developing a talent. But then again mhiki was a pub player before mourinho got his hands on him... I have no doubt that Martial s arse would be covered in splintershad perisiic been signed.

IMO, rashford s potential is the level of mane, however I strongly believe that martial won't look out of place against mbappe or dembele in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.