6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteBoredom

Dare to aim any criticism at him and those that adore him class everyone in the anti Martial brigade.

Lad is a work in progress, some would have us believe he's the best wide forward player in the league and future Ballon D'or winner. I see a very talented 22 year old, who as yet hasn't hit his potential.
There are those for every single one of our players, and the criticisms are acknowledged if they are well founded. On the other hand, you have people with the nonsensical tripe like he isn't good at dribbling or has been crap for 2 years, which is just too absurd to take seriously.

This forum has a thread with hundreds of posts comparing Rashford to Mbappe, and at the same time some would have you believe he's crap. Opinions tend to arrive at extremes here, as has been said.

Ashley R1+O

Don't really know what to make of that performance, he plays like he isn't sure how he should be moving without the ball and it is obvious that anything other than getting the ball and running with it isn't his 'natural game'. A few times instead of picking up the ball he had the chance to let it run with one of our attackers and make a break, in behind even and he just jogged up alongside the ball carrier.

I find him to be a bit of a strange player when he isn't in the final third with the ball, but then again he is a striker and that is what Strikers do naturally.

Hawks2008

Not a right sided player, showed flashes once moved to the left but nothing special. Should get a run at striker seeing that Lukaku needs some time out of the team.

T A

Honestly, I expected more of him today.
Agree. Obviously he's better in left flank but against Delph, something must be shown. Big fan of Anthony but his last night first half was no good at all

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Sane, sterling and jesus receive the ball to their feet in dangerous areas with plenty of support from on rushing fullbacks etc. martial and Rashford usually get the ball 8 times over 90 minutes in positions or situations where they have their backs to a player up their arses or have it all to do after some desperate clearance from our defence with the ball landing to them and with at max lukaku on no man's land to play a one two with.

el3mel

Or maybe it's a mix between the die hard followers, the realistic fans/detractors and the blind haters? 'Everyone else' is a very generous description.

There's not much to discuss, really. The way I see it his performance was nearly identical with the Spurs match, and if Lukaku didn't shit himself this thread would be full of people jizzing over him. Praise and criticism tend to be extreme on the Caf.
There are OTT criticism for him from some posters, but tbh I think it's a more of a direct response to the over praise he always gets even in some games when he did nothing, he always gets praised whatever his performance which raised some posters to go OTT with him in terms of criticism for him.

Both opinion are very extreme and wrong. Time for fans to start treating him as any other player in the squad. He's very talented with loads of potential and good finisher but he still has things to improve regarding his movement on the pitch and other things. He's not a finished article yet and that applies to Rashford.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Slowly but surely he has now become an undroppable for Mourinho. Great to see.

el3mel

Is this his 6th start in a row or what?
Didn't start against Cska.

Anyway his run as a starter in the team for over a month now puts an end to the myth of him falling with Mourinho and all this nonsense.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Really surprised Rashford isn't starting today. Mourinho keeping faith with the Mangaku* front three.

*name needs work.
Same. Happy for Martial and Lingard but I think if anyone should've been dropped it should've been Lukaku; allowing one of Martial or Rashford to play up top. It was never going to happen, though, because he's one of José's favourites.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Same. Happy for Martial and Lingard but I think if anyone should've been dropped it should've been Lukaku; allowing one of Martial or Rashford to play up top. It was never going to happen, though, because he's one of José's favourites.
I don't think that's true.

He's just giving him a chance to turn things around. Did the same for Micky until he played himself out of the squad.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Now that the conspiracy thoery against Martial has been debunked a new one has been made in favour of Lukaku.

Jose doesn't play favourites, if you follow his instructions well he will play you, if you don't you get dropped.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Now that the conspiracy thoery against Martial has been debunked a new one has been made in favour of Lukaku.

Jose doesn't play favourites, if you follow his instructions well he will play you, if you don't you get dropped.
It's honestly annoying.

It used to be that he hated Shaw for snubbing him while at Chelsea. That one can't be used either.

Yagami

Good post resistant

He's just giving him a chance to turn things around. Did the same for Micky until he played himself out of the squad.
We'll have to agree to disagree.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Is it safe to say that Martial is a regular now? He's not even being rotated anymore. He's only on the bench when rested.

Glad he's managed to push for a place in the starting 11 as a regular. A year ago his prospects at the club looked bleek. Hopefully his renaissance continues.

redom

Is it safe to say that Martial is a regular now? He's not even being rotated anymore. He's only on the bench when rested.

Glad he's managed to push for a place in the starting 11 as a regular. A year ago his prospects at the club looked bleek. Hopefully his renaissance continues.
Probably helped by Rashfords lack of real form, he looked ready for a bit of a break and with Martial looking the most likely to create anything out of our attacking players he's cemented a starting position for now, hopefully he can have a good game tonight.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

Not to mention Lukaku is supposed to be our marquee signing this year and won't be wise to just drop him.

Though if Lukaku still fail to turn things around, Mourinho will start thinking.

Yagami

Good post resistant
People just love their conspiracy theories.

Dont let me stop you.
Wow, calm down. Every manager has their favourites - it's not a witch hunt. Lukaku's a player who'll play every game of any importance, and never get subbed despite how bad he's playing, even if the alternatives are outperforming him, because he's a favourite of José's. I don't see how that's a conspiracy theory.

I have no problem with him starting because I want him to find form (I said I wanted the same team as against City in the match thread) but if a Martial,Rashford,Lingard had put in a performance like against City they wouldn't be playing tonight. Not that Rashford is!
It's honestly annoying.

It used to be that he hated Shaw for snubbing him while at Chelsea. That one can't be used either.
I've never said anything like that.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
It's honestly annoying.

Considering that the forum has been renamed to Pepcafe, I'm surprised people havent caught on to the obvious. The best managers in the world do not change their system for their players. If you don't buy into his system then you are out.

Guardiola and Mourinho do not care what your name is or how good you are, they will freeze you out completely if you question their authority or fail to fulfill their instructions. Mourinho dropped CR7 when he was at Madrid! Guardiola has dropped Zlatan and Sanchez.

Greck

Don't think it's a stretch to say Jose favours Lukaku at the CF position. He actually came out and said Lukaku is untouchable in his team so it'll take a lot to displace him from that position. It's only controversial if you make it so

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Yep. Would like it if it was more of a Lingard behind a Martial, Lukaku front two but I think the three work well together anyway even if Martial is on the left.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Don't think it's a stretch to say Jose favours Lukaku at the CF position. He actually came out and said Lukaku is untouchable in his team so it'll take a lot to displace him from that position. It's only controversial if you make it so
He is playing him for a reason, not just because he is Lukaku.

Matic and Pogba are undroppable, that doesnt mean he is playing favourites in midfield.

Certain qualities are required for certain positions in his system. Lukaku is the only one that brings these qualities (and Zlatan) and so he is undroppable.

The clear evidence is that Lukaku gets shifted out to the wings when Zlatan plays. Does that mean he is playing favourites with Zlatan now?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Yeah, never felt there was a conspiracy thing or anything, I just felt Mourinho took a bit too long to fully trust them or give them the chances they probably deserved. Like Martial was on fire from pre season, yet only started being a consistent starter in November.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Loved how the defender tried to bodycheck him and he just slammed him out the way. He’s a big strong lad these days.

AshRK

Again his off the ball movement is very poor. He has to improve that immensely if he is to become one of the greatest.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
A fan of him, defended him alot but I feel he should have done more in that first half. Alot of tippy tappy touches, tidy stuff here and there, but with talent like that he should be showing more than this.

Minimalist

I really like him but he's very capable of looking like he's doing a lot with the ball without delivering a great deal. Tonight's very much that. Some nice exchanges with Shaw and Mata though.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
He also has this annoying habit to dribble into trouble and then passing it off to a teammate 10 cm next to him and put him into the shit. "here have this, you lose the ball and cause a dangerous counter attack instead"

E-mal

you guys cant be serious, he is actually the only one trying to drive us forward, else we had be exchanging passes in our own half.
His only drive was what brought us the goal. In a game where pogba is absent he becomes our only conduit to the attack.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He also has this annoying habit to dribble into trouble and then passing it off to a teammate 10 cm next to him and put him into the shit. "here have this, you lose the ball and cause a dangerous counter attack instead"
Martial has the habit of dribbling into dead ends, when he is on form he does a bit of magic and gets through the dead end, when he is off form he loses the ball over and over.

E-mal

Man I have respected you as a poster and someone who spoke my mind even before I joined the caf, but I have to say you are just nit picking his game at this point and likely is born out of the fact you are one of his main fan.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
you guys cant be serious, he is actually the only one trying to drive us forward, else we had be exchanging passes in our own half.
His only drive was what brought us the goal. In a game where pogba is absent he becomes our only conduit to the attack.
Look up all my posts in this thread and everywhere else on the forum. I have said the same as you in his defence alot. But against Bournemouth, at home, it is time for him to do more. He won't solidify his spot in the team or play 90 minutes regularly under Mourinho with just this. Because make no mistake, he hasn't convinced Mourinho yet, it's simply his turn to get a run of 8-10 games where he is undroppable until Jose makes a decision whether he is the one or not. Mkhi has failed and Rashford has just about got a 6 or 7 with time on his side.

Status
Not open for further replies.