Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMike

With a £150m buy out clause.
I'd rather him not have a clause at all - especially after the last summer.
I thought buy out clauses don't exist (i.e. are not binding) in the PL. Didn't Liverpool reject the £40m + 1 penny offer from Arsenal for Suarez and Henry said release clauses are not enforceable in the PL?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I get the feeling he will be the man to put City to the sword.

Wonderful player.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
I was genuinely pretty annoyed with him last season. Felt he looked half arsed, it became all to common to see him jogging around nonchalantly. I don't know if it was personal issues or if the success had gone to his head but he was nothing like what we'd seen under Van Gaal. This season though - Wow - It was noticeable as early as the preseason that he was back to his best.

The pressing in the last few games was non-existent last year and we weren't seeing those runs in behind that we saw for Lingard's first at Arsenal. If he continues the work then there's no question he'll be a world class player because the ability is incredible. I think our biggest problem down the line with Martial may be keeping hold of him - He's that talented.

If he can isolate City's CB's tomorrow we're gonna have a good time. Godspeed son.

Baxter

Just give him the ball. Carries it so well. Takes a lot of pressure off.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Don't know why we didn't have him on the left from the start. He doesn't suit playing on the right at all.
I'm pretty sure that the idea was to have our best dribbler against their weakest 1 on 1 defender. Not that it worked.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Don't know why we didn't have him on the left from the start. He doesn't suit playing on the right at all.
For me, you have Jesse at #10, Lukaku on the right, and then choose between Marcus and Martial for the left and CF positions.

Traub

I think Rashford on the right is worse than Martial on the right, so overall it's best with Rashers on the left and Martial on the right.

binary bot
I think Mourinho is more worried about Walker than Delph and feels Rashford is better to deal with him. That went out the window at 1-0 down

Santoryo

ripping the reward
The problem with the right is that he hardly got the ball from that side, the ball seems to go on the left a lot more.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I think Rashford on the right is worse than Martial on the right, so overall it's best with Rashers on the left and Martial on the right.
I disagree. Martial is definitely worse there imo. Better to have him on Walker and cut in.
I'm pretty sure that the idea was to have our best dribbler against their weakest 1 on 1 defender. Not that it worked.
Maybe. The ball mostly went down our left anyway.

Varun

Staff
He's our best attacker, I don't give a shit whether Walker > Delph. Get him on the left running at their RB.

haram

I know we have to think about Walker attacking, but he's on a yellow and we need Martial running at him.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
He made one good run but didn't press hard enough IMO. He just has to dribble a bit to get people giddy on here it seems.
In a match like this it stands out though. He's the only one that looks capable of taking the game to City.

Smores

He'd be a phenomenal player in a relentlessly attacking side.
Sane and Sterling don't have a problem coming back. Don't know why our fans insist on using defensive responsibilities as an excuse

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Most frustrating player at this club. People gonna pile on Lukaku but Martial was atrocious today. 3 little runs but granny passes at the end of those.

IhabX7

Most frustrating player at this club. People gonna pile on Lukaku but Martial was atrocious today. 3 little runs but granny passes at the end of those.
Our only player out there with real quality, even a blind man can see that.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Created a clean chance for donkey lukaku.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Our only player out there with real quality, even a blind man can see that.
Today? What does it matter if you have talent but don't deliver? His body does the work, then his head comes into play and slows him down. He does not influence the match enough. A player this gifted with his feet should be everywhere all the time. As much a passenger as Herrera, who actually, is not very talented.

Number1

Was ok first half, but that’s not saying much, as it was the worst half United have played since David Moyes was in charge, I’m only saying ‘ok’ because he attempted 1 run with the ball, which is more than any other United player did first half.

2nd half, never did anything just spent the half chilling and being his half-arsed self.

ti vu

Second half showed. If we were to be stifled, Martial didn't challenge his marker enough. He is brilliant on ball, but he can be isolated with tactical pressing and man mark. With Delph, logically Martial would be in place for to capitalize on Delph mistake as Delph is weak spot. Rashford is to be on Walker up and down the flank for his energy (he is terrible this game though). We sorely missed Pogba again (his and our own fault this time though). He would help supply the ball to Martial better.

JohnnyKills

Yeah he was poor. United's tactics didn't suit him but he's got to do more to get into the game, rather than wait for the game to come to him.

Devil may care

Created our best chance and he's the only attacker we have at the technical level required, he posed a threat on the counter with his driving runs and did his tracking back as required, he did as much as he could with the amount of the ball he saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.