6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMike

He had bad first half but after the goal he was a constant threat with good movement and link up. Really good from Tony. If Pogba played him through one of those two times he burst through the midfield he probably would have scored again.

Devil may care

Seemed to be trotting every time he got the ball in the first half but improved in the second, the first touch and finish were class.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Once the game opened up he came alive, had Bardsley on toast! fantastic finish for his goal. Counter attacked really well, Pogba could have played him in a few times after a good run.

AshRK

Needs to be more ruthless. Shoot more and he will score more. Glad he is getting to show to jose that he is a real deal.

SirAF

Ageist
Needs to be more ruthless. Shoot more and he will score more. Glad he is getting to show to jose that he is a real deal.
Yeah, I thought he could have been a bit more greedy today. He’s so good he could do even more damage with a bit of more selfishness :drool:

manunited1919

As good as he is, I need to remind myself he is a work in progress. Soon, we will need to tie him down to a long term contract.

haram

Devastating 1v1. Probably would have had another had Pogba played the pass.

manunited1919

Yeah, I thought he could have been a bit more greedy today. He’s so good he could do even more damage with a bit of more selfishness :drool:
The difference between him and Rashford is that Martial tends to make the right decisions (he attempts passes), even if his execution is not always perfect.

Silas

Good game again. Great finish and could have had more if he actually got the ball when he was open.

We should probably start thinking about extending his contract soon.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
An ever-present threat today, everytime he picked up the ball around the box you got the feeling he would create something.

His game has really come on of late, almost as if the Sanchez rumours have spurred him on somewhat. Reagrdless I hope it continues.

OL29

It's not really the same as what most people mean as shooting from range. It's the same finish that he loves and he'd do if he was closer. Just happened to be just out. Martial rarely shoots from range, and most of the time when he does, it goes over. It's a very low percentage shot as it is, and hes all about the high percentage chances. Haram said that he didn't really improve it since the first season which id agree with. Or at least, nothing sort noting. Never been a strength, but I do think he's definitely refined his finishing
I disagree to be honest, he seems more clinical from outside of the box and more confident. The goal on Monday was something I've not seen from him before, it's a really difficult technique to take shot first time in such a controlled manner. The other two he's scored from outside the box this season were also situations where I believe he previously would have tried to get closer to the goal before shooting too.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Martial - Lukaku - Sanchez

Martial and Lukaku are consistently good. Mata is average most games, Lingard is either amazing or invisible, Rashford in abysmal form.

I believe Martial has cemented himself in this team. Well done.

Kag

He's scoring without playing particularly well. That's a great sign.

His finishing really is outstanding.

nesty

Love our Tony. Could of swore the shot was going to hit the crossbar and deflect out for a goal kick.

Footyislife

But actually, it's not.
The difference between him and Rashford is that Martial tends to make the right decisions (he attempts passes), even if his execution is not always perfect.
Its almost like he has the opposite problem. He's always looking to get others involved, but with his finshing, pace, and dribbling ability he'd be scoring for fun if he was more selfish and confident.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Great post. Martial was in the same situation of Rashford, playing barely here and there. He managed to gain some confidence by doing little things right each game and step by step he's become one of our most important starters. Rashford should look at it as example and not focus solely on himself. Different mindset between the 2.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
We are blessed to have Martial. We really are. As soon as he had sight of goal you just knew he was gonna win this for us.

Arka_BleedingRed

He really needs to be more selfish and ruthless. Cuz, he has got it in him to reach the elite class levels. This is a problem with him whenever he has scored a goal. He becomes content with it and tends to create chances for otheres rather than going for the kill himself. Anthony needs to come out of his shell, because he really has the talent in him to be in top 5 players in the world.

On another note, Pogba was extremely poor today, almost everything went wrong for him. Jose needs to get rid of this complacency in Pogba. This is what is holding him back from overcoming KDB levels. Tighten up his play, decision making, more selfless play and he will overcome KDB.

Hellboy

One thing is sure he will be one of the 5 best strikers in world football I just hope it will be here. He would be perfect to replace Benzema at Madrid.

Kag

This, pretty much.

Think he'd have bagged a few more if we'd give him the ball on the counter, 1 Vs 1 he had Beardsley's number big time. Hopefully they won't triple up on him if we get Sanchez.
Today made me earn for somebody like Sanchez on the right.

The first half was basically 'give to to Pogba and Martial' and do sod all. Mata and Lingard, in particular, just passed the buck. Martial was regularly double marked and found it difficult.

If and when Sanchez does arrive, hopefully teams will have a similar threat to worry about down the right.

manunited1919

Its almost like he has the opposite problem. He's always looking to get others involved, but with his finshing, pace, and dribbling ability he'd be scoring for fun if he was more selfish and confident.
The time will come, but he is not there yet. I would rather he develop his killer passes and teamwork at this stage. And yeah, take his chances when he has a clear opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.