6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

automaticflare

Needs to be more ruthless. Shoot more and he will score more. Glad he is getting to show to jose that he is a real deal.
Agree with this I think he can go up another level in terms of ruthlessness which will also IMO help his consistency.

daizi88

Been saying it for years, best player we have had since ronaldo. Once he gets more consistent nobody will stop him.

Snafu17

Was doubled up multiple times again. Adding Sanchez to the other side should hopefully open some space up for him.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Was doubled up multiple times again. Adding Sanchez to the other side should hopefully open some space up for him.
It's going to be interesting to see how this works out, because I doubt we're going to see Sanchez on the right side when he operates mainly from the left. He's coming in as the main man, and will probably be given his favored position. If this most likely happens, Martial is going to suffer from it and will either need to adapt to the right side or make cameo appearances when Sanchez is taken off. Nevermind what this could mean for Rashford. I hope I'm wrong and Mourinho finds a way to incorporate Sanchez without disrupting Martial's progress.

SteveW

I think he should attack the byline a bit more. That unpredictability would probably result in better opportunities to cut inside also. He's some player

SpyLuke10

Wenger has previously suggested Sanchez is most comfortable playing on the right, I really hope this is true, because of the 3 behind Lukaku of Mata Lingard and Martial, Mata is the one who I see getting dropped for Alexis. I really hope it doesn't come to our most in form player getting dropped for our new signing, if Alexis is coming to replace Martial I'd rather not sign him.

marlowe78

It's going to be interesting to see how this works out, because I doubt we're going to see Sanchez on the right side when he operates mainly from the left. He's coming in as the main man, and will probably be given his favored position. If this most likely happens, Martial is going to suffer from it and will either need to adapt to the right side or make cameo appearances when Sanchez is taken off. Nevermind what this could mean for Rashford. I hope I'm wrong and Mourinho finds a way to incorporate Sanchez without disrupting Martial's progress.
It's a big worry, at least for me. Sanchez, I heard on a YT video the other night, hasn't played on the right since a South American copa a few years ago? He must be expecting to play on the left or in the hole.

el3mel

Sanchez is going to take Mata position. We're not going to repeat that again.

Martial has cemented his LW position.

SteveW

Don't see Sanchez affecting Tony. He can play centrally or on the right.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Mourinho post-match:
MARTIAL HAS LOTS OF ATTRIBUTES
"We know that when we can put him in the one-on-one situation with the full-back [Phil Bardsley], it's difficult for the full-back because he has so many attributes - he can go inside, he can go outside, he can shoot to the far post and he can shoot like he did today to the front post. He has lots of attributes, so it's one more reason to be happy with Romelu because Romelu knew that if we put Anthony into the one-on-one situation, it's difficult for the right-back."

Red00012

Sanchez is going to take Mata position. We're not going to repeat that again.

Martial has cemented his LW position.
In my opinion our 3 should be Pogba , martial , Sanchez behind lukaku but I’ve a feeling we won’t see it ... the problem there is the 3 I’ve named best position is in that left position . It’ll be interesting to see how JM deals with it .

Red_toad

It's a big worry, at least for me. Sanchez, I heard on a YT video the other night, hasn't played on the right since a South American copa a few years ago? He must be expecting to play on the left or in the hole.
He can play the Mata role better than Mata, so instant upgrade. Martial is pretty much a nailed on starter now, yet people just assume Jose will replace him. Martial is no where near the finished article, he never dominates a game, like a true world class player would, but he sure is a match winner. If he can turn those moments into consistent play, then he can achieve everything in football. Sanchez will allow him greater freedom, not take his place. I know you might think YouTube is a reliable source, but it really isn't.

el3mel

In my opinion our 3 should be Pogba , martial , Sanchez behind lukaku but I’ve a feeling we won’t see it ... the problem there is the 3 I’ve named best position is in that left position . It’ll be interesting to see how JM deals with it .
I'm expecting something like this, this season :

Matic - Pogba
Sanchez - Lingard - Martial
Lukaku

Matic - Herrera
Pogba
Sanchez - Lukaku - Lingard.​

Next season we'll either get a number 10 or a CM depending on which formation Jose wants to build the team on.

TheSandman

He can play the Mata role better than Mata, so instant upgrade. Martial is pretty much a nailed on starter now, yet people just assume Jose will replace him. Martial is no where near the finished article, he never dominates a game, like a true world class player would, but he sure is a match winner. If he can turn those moments into consistent play, then he can achieve everything in football. Sanchez will allow him greater freedom, not take his place. I know you might think YouTube is a reliable source, but it really isn't.
i personally think if Sanchez comes he will rotate with Lingard in the middle throughout the game, because from there Sanchez can also cut inside on his right foot where he is favoured if he interchanges with Lingard in the middle.

Walters_19_MuFc

Him and Sanchez on the wing are going to be devastating. Both have the ability to win a game in the blink of an eye, as we saw today.

Fantastic finish again today.

Walters_19_MuFc

If he can stop fellating over Lukaku and focus on Martial for a sec.:lol: I think he talks up Lukaku a lot to give him confidence after seeing him work hard.
He's right, though. It was fantastic vision by Rom to put Martial in a 1v1 situation. Did it a few times today.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
If he can stop fellating over Lukaku and focus on Martial for a sec.:lol: I think he talks up Lukaku a lot to give him confidence after seeing him work hard.
Did you even read what has he said? Jesus christ.

He's basically saying that Lukaku is intelligent for passing the ball to Martial because Martial with his attributes can hurt any fullback. Also saying that he's a complete wide player as in he could do various things and is unpredictable. Apart from few words, he's basically praising Martial only.

roodey

Deserved motm today! Very good performance. The goal was class .. as the assist from lukaku was.

Hoof the ball

His style in general is eerily reminiscent of Ribery. Not to say he yet has Ribery's level of quality or consistency, however, stylistically and tactically he moves and thinks quite similar. Suffice to say that Sanchez playing will open more spaces for Martial to score more goals, since, at the moment, Martial is constantly drawing two men to himself and Sanchez' presence will alleviate that.

marlowe78

I don't actually, there's plenty of rubbish there, but I've been watching videos on where Sanchez might play and this is what I heard mentioned.

If I were managing, I also would want Mata replaced ASAP and have a better player in there, which no doubt Sanchez would be. But there is going to be a bit of suspense as to where we'll see him in the first lineup. I hope like everyone else that it works out well.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I live watching a young player fulfill his promise. The kid can be special. He has world class potential.

Mourinho tough love is working because he looks a much more complete player now. Tracks back well, makes good decisions, and he’s lethal around the box.

Red_toad

His style in general is eerily reminiscent of Ribery. Not to say he yet has Ribery's level of quality or consistency, however, stylistically and tactically he moves and thinks quite similar. Suffice to say that Sanchez playing will open more spaces for Martial to score more goals, since, at the moment, Martial is constantly drawing two men to himself and Sanchez' presence will alleviate that.

Ribery is one hell of a hard working player to back up his talents. I don't see Martial having the same work ethic, nor do I see similarities in their play. But each to their own...

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Should have had a hat trick today, was making some cracking runs and wasn't being picked up. That finish was stunning, difficult to generate that power and accuracy with such little backswing.. unstoppable finished

Greck

Agree Sanchez will help but we won't truly unlock the potential of that wing without an overlapping LB. The extra guy tracking back to double team Martial won't always be affected by Sanchez but at least the others won't be able to load up their entire fecking defense on our left side

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I think he secretly reads the caf.
Few days ago there was a conversation going on around here that he is too predictable and always goes for that bottom right finish. He now always goes for top finishes.

cyberman

I wonder if he's working hard at freekicks in training.
His shooting technique is perfect for it. Don't whip it but treat them like its a free shot from open play.

Prodigy24

Scored a brilliant goal and should probably had another one if his greedy mates had passed him the ball. Looking at his stats I'm surprised that he's already on double figures in both goals and assists. Had no idea that he had that many assists already!

Having a good season so far, and with his talent hopefully there's even more to come.

Stacks

Its almost like he has the opposite problem. He's always looking to get others involved, but with his finshing, pace, and dribbling ability he'd be scoring for fun if he was more selfish and confident.
He really needs to be more selfish and ruthless. Cuz, he has got it in him to reach the elite class levels. This is a problem with him whenever he has scored a goal. He becomes content with it and tends to create chances for otheres rather than going for the kill himself. Anthony needs to come out of his shell, because he really has the talent in him to be in top 5 players in the world.

On another note, Pogba was extremely poor today, almost everything went wrong for him. Jose needs to get rid of this complacency in Pogba. This is what is holding him back from overcoming KDB levels. Tighten up his play, decision making, more selfless play and he will overcome KDB.
exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.